or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable Amp For HD 598
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portable Amp For HD 598 - Page 2

post #16 of 48
Thread Starter 

What do you mean 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

 I personally think the amp is worth the investment, but the E07ks DAC doesn't work with portable devices. If you wanted an all in one portable amp/DAC solution then you would need a Vamp Verza, Hifi M8, or Theorem 720, which are very pricey. So I second getting the E11 or E07k (the DAC does work with laptops).

I havent tried an amp a dac or even a good headphone before so i ask you : is the dac or the amp aspect of the e07k  mainly boosting your experience ? im trying to figure out if buying e07k is wprthless because i will use mainly with phones . also , is the amp aspect of e07k better tan e11 ?

post #17 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdemInce View Post
 

Ok got it now , thanks :D I will get the E07K and i would like to hear if you think that i should spend a little more to get an even better one , because I'm gonne buy it once and i wanna make sure I'm buying good enough :) but as far as i understood you recommend the other headphone because its cheaper and more portable , not because of better performance, did i understand right ? if i did understand right , its not a problem , ill get the HD598 :) thank you very much again ! 

 

Can't think you really have a good reason for spend more then you would for the E07K ($90)

If you could find a FiiO E17 on sale for $109 (or used for even less), then it might be worth it (get more features)

I would use the JVC HA-S680 or HA-S500 (I own both) because they are easier to travel with and require less power (then the HD598) and I would be happy enough plugging them straight into a smart phone or mp3 player.

The both the Sennehiser and JVC have good sound quality.

If you decide you need low costing folding and closed headphones for traveling, check out the JVC- HA-S400 ($35)

 

I just would not think to use the HD598 in public areas (as they are open) and they do not fold up for traveling.

To me personally, the HD598 would be the better choice for FPS gaming or a Home Hi-Fi system (over the HA-S680)

 

Here is a replacement cable ($17-$25) for the HD598 that comes with a 3.5mm plug, makes the Sennheiser a little easier to use with portable stuff.

And comes in 5 different lengths.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 


Edited by PurpleAngel - 6/14/14 at 1:08pm
post #18 of 48

I second what PurpleAngel says about the E17. I also agree that the HD598 not being ideal for portable use. 

I did find that their was a difference using the E07k as a DAC as well as an amp from my laptop, though it wasn't huge in the DAC department. You may not feel it's worth the money since the DAC will only work with your laptop/desktop pc. If you could get a DAC/amp solution for just a little bit more though, I say why not? 

post #19 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:

If you could find a FiiO E17 on sale for $109 (or used for even less), then it might be worth it (get more features)

 

I checked the link but couldnt find a description that i could understand , what are the "more features" ? Also , does FiiO E17 s dac work with phones ?

post #20 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

 If you could get a DAC/amp solution for just a little bit more though, I say why not? 

Do you mean get the dac one if you can afford , why not ? 

or

Pay a little more and get one with dac working with phones ?

post #21 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdemInce View Post
 

I checked the link but couldnt find a description that i could understand , what are the "more features" ? Also , does FiiO E17 s dac work with phones ?

Unfortunately the E17 DAC also doesn't work with phones. You'd have to go with the E18, and even then, I'm pretty sure the DAC on that is only compatible with android devices and android phones. And yes, I meant if you could afford it, then why not? You can still always use it with your laptop/desktop. Here's an E17 for cheap in our classifieds:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/720871/fiio-e17-alpen-headphone-amp-dac

post #22 of 48
Thread Starter 

Thank you VERY much !

post #23 of 48

You are quite welcome!
 :beerchug:

post #24 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdemInce View Post
 

I checked the link but couldnt find a description that i could understand , what are the "more features" ? Also , does FiiO E17 s dac work with phones ?

 

The E17's DAC will not work with phones (at least none that I know of)

The E17 does has an aux analog input that the just about anything can connect to (analog wise).

The E07K's only digital input is USB, where as the E17 has three digital inputs (USB, optical, coaxial)

post #25 of 48
Thread Starter 

why and how would i need three digital inputs (USB, optical, coaxial) O.o also is the amp performance of e17 better or is the only difference the inputs ?

post #26 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdemInce View Post
 

why and how would i need three digital inputs (USB, optical, coaxial) O.o also is the amp performance of e17 better or is the only difference the inputs ?

As far as having more power, yes the E17 is the stronger, more powerful of the two, but it isn't a huge difference. Here's and excerpt from Trustedreviews.com on the specs of the E07k:

-As for the spec, it’s equipped to handle headphones with an impedance between 16 and 150Ω, and boasts a power output of 220mW at 32Ω impedance or 250mW at 16Ω impedance, the latter figure being slightly lower than the E17’s 290mW.-

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/fiio-andes-e07k_Portable-Audio_review#WxUV60Eb2C1DtsPP.99

post #27 of 48
Thread Starter 

thanks.

post #28 of 48
Thread Starter 

well now that i checked my budget , i can afford  the e17 but id rather not because i dont see it worth since i wont use dac anyways . since i wont use dac , i think again about buying the e11 , what can you say about comparison of tonly the amp aspect of these three devices and which one has  best performance/price ratio ? i mean ok its e 11 only amp e07k amp and dac but i wont use dac and the amp of e07k isnt really better why buy it :D

post #29 of 48

If you feel like the DAC would be wasted on you and you would never use it anyways, then Just go with the E11. It has enough power for the HD598, though I would still recommend against getting the HD598 as a portable headphone, but if that's what you're set on, then go for it. Here is a cheap priced E11+Bonus stuff from a seller I'd trust. Send him a pm if you don't mind buying a used E11 and let him know you're interested

http://www.head-fi.org/t/722086/for-sale-fiio-e-11-with-micca-charger-and-spare-battery-and-a-bonus

post #30 of 48
Thread Starter 

Thanks very much . Arw you against buying this product because of sound leak and lack of portability  or it is unnecessarily expensive or not a good headphone ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable Amp For HD 598