or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.02 download and discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.02 download and discussion thread - Page 3

post #31 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


I seem to remember from the X3 thread that if you turn off gapless it works in a proper random fashion. Maybe it's the same with the X5. I dunno as I don't shuffle often, just passing on the info.

but i dont have any gapless enabled on my x5 :( i think i saw someone mentioned the same shuffle issue on x5 topic..but i cant seem to find the post already..

post #32 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post

but i dont have any gapless enabled on my x5 frown.gif i think i saw someone mentioned the same shuffle issue on x5 topic..but i cant seem to find the post already..

Ah, sorry man.

Here is the start of the X3 discussion about it if anyone's interested. Link
post #33 of 52
Sorry if already mentioned however, Cyrillic characters show up correctly in folder view, but appear as, presumably, Chinese characters on the playing screen.
post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

Sorry if already mentioned however, Cyrillic characters show up correctly in folder view, but appear as, presumably, Chinese characters on the playing screen.


FW 2.0 sometimes have the same behaviour on mp3 files.

post #35 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post
 

another issue is when play all song with random mode. the song seem to be always play in the same queue...isnt it shd be random?

 

I noticed that as well, the queue changes when you rebuild the database, not very convenient to update the database to reshuffle...  

post #36 of 52

Excellent job on supporting album artwork without having to embed it - thanks!

post #37 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by thericochet View Post
 

Excellent job on supporting album artwork without having to embed it - thanks!

 

It works well? I think only for this I won't wait for the final release, is there any major issues with this beta?

post #38 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacari View Post
 

 

It works well? I think only for this I won't wait for the final release, is there any major issues with this beta?

 

Have been using the Beta for a few days now, no real problems. Indeed some of the new stuff is very good, thanks. Just one point, when will the option appear to reverse the action of the wheel? I just cannot get used to the way it works, totally alien to me I'm afraid; maybe being left-handed means my brain is wired differently  :-)

 

A simple option to scroll clockwise or anti clockwise would be great.

post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc5 View Post

Have been using the Beta for a few days now, no real problems. Indeed some of the new stuff is very good, thanks. Just one point, when will the option appear to reverse the action of the wheel? I just cannot get used to the way it works, totally alien to me I'm afraid; maybe being left-handed means my brain is wired differently  :-)

A simple option to scroll clockwise or anti clockwise would be great.

I'm guessing you haven't been to the custom modded firmware thread yet. There are a few options for reversed scrolling wheel on FW 2.0, but none for the 2.02 beta. Link

Some very well done themes as well. Huge props to Flowlandfilms!
post #40 of 52
From those that've run the battery down on this FW, is the gauge (accuracy) improved over that on 2.0?

I'm about to head out for 3-4hrs, and have three out of five bars left, and not enough time to charge it...

I so don't want to have to resort to listening to my iPhone 5S half-way through the journey... frown.gif
post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


I'm guessing you haven't been to the custom modded firmware thread yet. There are a few options for reversed scrolling wheel on FW 2.0, but none for the 2.02 beta. Link

Some very well done themes as well. Huge props to Flowlandfilms!

 

Funny enough, am just trying some of them now.  But thank you anyway for the prompt.  A 2.02 version would certainly be welcomed.  Thanks again.

post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacari View Post
 

 

It works well? I think only for this I won't wait for the final release, is there any major issues with this beta?

I've had no problems with either artwork or playback since I updated (must be about 10-12 hours of X5 usage) and I've not seen any reports of instability or anything.

I too updated just to have the artwork.

post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc5 View Post
 

 

Funny enough, am just trying some of them now.  But thank you anyway for the prompt.  A 2.02 version would certainly be welcomed.  Thanks again.

Tried a couple of the custom firmware's, very good.  However, to me v2.02 beta sounds much better than v2.0; more dynamic, clearer, etc.  Now, it might just be because I want it to be so, but it's sufficient for me to switch back to v2.02b and await a future update based on this.

post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc5 View Post
 

Tried a couple of the custom firmware's, very good.  However, to me v2.02 beta sounds much better than v2.0; more dynamic, clearer, etc.  Now, it might just be because I want it to be so, but it's sufficient for me to switch back to v2.02b and await a future update based on this.


Nest versions of Aztechno and Matrix themes will be on 2.02, but maybe not until 1.02 is out of beta.

post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlandfilms View Post


Nest versions of Aztechno and Matrix themes will be on 2.02, but maybe not until 1.02 is out of beta.
There is now a 2.03 beta firmware, here is a link

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724013/fiio-x5-beta-firmware-2-03-download-and-discussion-one-word-playlists
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.02 download and discussion thread