Hey guys, new member here but I've been reading this forum for years as I keep up with the market. I've just given up some older headphones for the p7, and was wondering what portable amp you guys think would be best. You seem to know what you're talking about around here for the most part so I'm hoping you guys can toss me some advice.
- productBowers & Wilkins P7tagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- B&W P7 with standalone headphone amp and it's 22 ohms and 50mW of max input power Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SRH-1840 vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendation: Considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro or Bower & Wilkins P7's Last post on 6/13/14 at 1:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for the most comfortable over-ear headphone. Suggestions much appreciated. Last post on 6/5/14 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K495 Bowers & Wilkins p7 & Klipsch Status Headphones. Last post on Today at 5:56 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
[Impression] iFi nano iDSD and iCAN with a splash of iPurifer iFi Audio has gained a great success over its Micro line of small sized desktop gears, and now it is pushing into the portable world...
I will try to keep it short... I guess... Tracks I tested on these were 320 vbit mp3s and flac, random genres with some of my favorites in Electronic, Dance Pop, Rock, Alternative and Enka (yes...
Ideal portable amp for B&W p7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm also a new member. Welcome aboard!
I just received the Fiio X5 yesterday, and I can say it is the best audio device I have owned. The lack of any sort of "hiss" or other background noise from the amp is astounding. And the soundstage is unbelievable, even with my Sony MDR-V6. So that would no doubt be an outstanding player/amp/dac for your P7s.
If you just need an amp, checkout the Fiio E12. It looks like another great amp.
- Ideal portable amp for B&W p7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › My $20 sound better than my $200 headphones. why? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sample Settings For Music Playback 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Seattle, WA Tour 6 minutes ago
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Typhoon859
- › Future Sonics mg6pro by Kunlun
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by LeoTheAwesome
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)