Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best Headphones with super loud bass - Under $60-70
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones with super loud bass - Under $60-70

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

Hi Guys,

 

I just joined this forum.. Till this date I've just been a reader of this amazing forum. But here I'm. Time to buy a new headphone and I was not able to find recommendations on what I was looking for.

 

I was looking for a headphones which has very high bass. I already own a Sony MDR-XB400 but want a pair of headphones whose bass is more than this. The other day I went to Target and found SkullCandy's Crushers fabulous, the thumping bass was something that lifts you up. They price $100 and was over my budget. I'm tight on budgets currently and looking for a headphone lesser than $60-70 (a couple of bucks here or there is ok by me) - thumping bass (way more than Xb400) and equally good on midis and vocals..

 

Please help. 

 

Thanks guys. I look forward to your recommendations.

 

- Ravi


Edited by ravichopra1 - 6/10/14 at 7:13pm
post #2 of 21

I don't think such a headphone exists (in the price range)

You might be able to find an IEM with more bass. I remember the RHA MA350 being quite bassy, but I have no idea if its' more or less than an XB400.

 

I would more strongly suggest you save up for a headphone amplifier with EQ/Bass controls.

The FiiO E17 has quite a nice EQ, but its WAAAY out of your budget - if you're not in a rush, something like this is the way to go to sub-wooferish-car-panel-vibrating bass.... but for sound quality you will probably be left wanting.

 

There are a few threads dedicated to 'bass-head' IEMs, so it's worth searching around for those as IEMs are the cheapest way into true bass-head territory.  

post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 

Ok.. I get it. So, what is the minimal amount I will have to spend to get a pair of headphones that has the thumping bass as mentioned in my above post.

 

I'm avoiding IEMs because after sometime, my ears start paining because of it.

post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravichopra1 View Post
 

Ok.. I get it. So, what is the minimal amount I will have to spend to get a pair of headphones that has the thumping bass as mentioned in my above post.

 

I'm avoiding IEMs because after sometime, my ears start paining because of it.


I disagree with GREQ's post, but he has a point. The best bass comes in at >$100. There are a few bassy headphones in your price range like Philips CitiScape Downtown, Monoprice 8323, and JVC HARX900.

 

But the kind of bass I think you want, you would find in the Audio Technica ATH-M50, Creative Aurvana Live! 2, and Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MK2. I'd suggest V-Moda Crossfade LP if they didn't downright offend me (at least the 2 did; not sure about the first iteration, but I haven't heard it, so I'm hesitant).

post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 

Thanks. Looks like Cityscape Downtown have been discontinued. From Monoprice 8323 and JVC HARX900, which one do you recommend the most?

post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzeanse View Post
 

But the kind of bass I think you want, you would find in the Audio Technica ATH-M50, 

But the M50 has less bass than an XB400 :confused:

post #7 of 21

The sennheiser HD 439 have a lot of bass and aren't that expensive!

post #8 of 21

There is the sony xb series

check out the sony x10(the price has dropped a ton)

post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

But the M50 has less bass than an XB400 :confused:


It also doesn't sound nearly as bloated and muddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravichopra1 View Post
 

Thanks. Looks like Cityscape Downtown have been discontinued. From Monoprice 8323 and JVC HARX900, which one do you recommend the most?


JVC HARX900. You can still get CitiScape Downtowns even though they're discontinued unless you have a different concern.

post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

But the M50 has less bass than an XB400 confused.gif

I was wondering about that. I have not heard the XB400 (I have heard the XB500). While the M50 are a bassy headphone, I doubt that they'd win any prizes for most bass.

I didn't feel like the CitiScape Downtowns were a particularly super bassy headphone either when I tried them.

If you are truly looking for super bassy headphones, I'd go do some readings and ask questions in the Basshead Club: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


I was wondering about that. I have not heard the XB400 (I have heard the XB500). While the M50 are a bassy headphone, I doubt that they'd win any prizes for most bass.

I didn't feel like the CitiScape Downtowns were a particularly super bassy headphone either when I tried them.

If you are truly looking for super bassy headphones, I'd go do some readings and ask questions in the Basshead Club: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club


That thread seems to be closed. But, it's funny you should mention the Basshead Club thread because I actually remember seeing this thread. The OP has a list of bassy headphones I think would work.

post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzeanse View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

But the M50 has less bass than an XB400 :confused:


It also doesn't sound nearly as bloated and muddy.

Agreed, but that's not what the OP asked for :p

post #13 of 21
Takstar hd5500?
post #14 of 21

I can sell you my JVC HA-S680 if you are in Europe. Too bass heavy for me. And if you look at my signature you will see that I have another bass monster :-) but the XB500's bass is less boomy and has less impact. Still too bass heavy for me but they are my "american action movie THX sound cans".

post #15 of 21

Get the M-Audio Q40 , no contest.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best Headphones with super loud bass - Under $60-70