or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado e Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado e Series - Page 30

post #436 of 6527
sorry but i gotta ask - where is it conclusively proven that the rs1e doesn't have 50mm drivers but 40mm drivers?
post #437 of 6527
I'm relaxed, and I wasn't directing this to anyne inparticular, I just sayig lets talk about the sound from those who can conpare them, thats all. And like I stated, I want too read about the sound differences...not the driver size in almost every post! Lets move on here already about the sound, thats all.
post #438 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

Apparently no one owns a ruler.

I'm at work right now but I plan on bringing my calipers home and taking a quick measurement.

post #439 of 6527

@joseph69 since so few people have them, there’s going to be few posts about the sound.

 

this happens in every thread on every forum for anything. if some pics are released of a new thing, people talk about the pics. if there’s some rumour or leak, people talk about the rumour or leak. doesn’t matter the product - people will talk about what is available to them to talk about. When people start getting these in numbers, then the thread will naturally transition to listening impressions. 

 

I’m sure you read kvtaco’s excellent first impressions in the fan club thread. And I imagine Oracle will write up something in due time.

 

In the meantime, I don’t think there’s a need to police the thread and tell everyone else what they should or shouldn’t talk about. It’s not like anyone is insulting anyone else.

post #440 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfiner View Post
 

@joseph69 since so few people have them, there’s going to be few posts about the sound.

 

this happens in every thread on every forum for anything. if some pics are released of a new thing, people talk about the pics. if there’s some rumour or leak, people talk about the rumour or leak. doesn’t matter the product - people will talk about what is available to them to talk about. When people start getting these in numbers, then the thread will naturally transition to listening impressions. 

 

I’m sure you read kvtaco’s excellent first impressions in the fan club thread. And I imagine Oracle will write up something in due time.

 

In the meantime, I don’t think there’s a need to police the thread and tell everyone else what they should or shouldn’t talk about. It’s not like anyone is insulting anyone else.

I' m not trying to police the thread.

And I have read Kvtaco's and MH's reviews on the new (e) series, which is enjoyable to read.

The rest of it is just out of hand with the bull!@#$!, thats all.

post #441 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

I'm at work right now but I plan on bringing my calipers home and taking a quick measurement.

great! hopefully that will settle the argument.
post #442 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

 

 

 

like that ?? it took me a while(a looooooong while) to figure it out lol

 


in the reply window make sure you've got your "more" options opened

click the quote button as normal, when you have  the quote you are referring to in the reply window

highlight what you want as your spoiler , the old left click and drag.

while you have the portion highlighted, go up to the editing bar options  and select the icon for a quote, or message, its in between " and </>

an "enter spoiler window" will open with the part you wanted "spoiled" in the content part

if thats right, hit submit, and the part you want spoiled should be highlighted within the quote box

then move cursor out of the quote box, into where you normally reply, and proceed on !!


Thank You.

post #443 of 6527

Hopefully this will put an end to the debate over the driver size, and how you interpret what defines the driver is up to you (personally I don't care).  My impressions of the sound will come soon I just don't want my decisions to be based off of an hour of listening; I'm very busy this week.

 

This is a measurement of the outer plastic ring that is inserted into the cup.

 

This is a measurement of the plastic ring that protrudes from the cup.

 

You bunch of lunatics, now I'm going back to Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen....


Edited by Oracle - 6/25/14 at 2:18pm
post #444 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

Hopefully this will put an end to the debate over the driver size, and how you interpret what defines the driver is up to you (personally I don't care).  My impressions of the sound will come soon I just don't want my decisions to be based off of an hour of listening; I'm very busy this week.

This is a measurement of the outer plastic ring that is inserted into the cup. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



This is a measurement of the plastic ring that protrudes from the cup.

Digital callipers? Those aren't like the ones I got from Super Target. This fight over driver size is not over. Lol. Somehow you've manipulated the liquid crystal display numbers. Some people can't, or won't, believe their own eyes.
post #445 of 6527

I've never see this many people obsess over 10mm...

 

Thank you Oracle! I might have posted the same thing, but without pics... seems the average person on this thread needs pictures to understand what I originally was trying to say.

 

#ReadingComprehensionIsALostArt  (caps for the slow lolololol)

post #446 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post


Digital callipers? Those aren't like the ones I got from Super Target. This fight over driver size is not over. Lol. Somehow you've manipulated the liquid crystal display numbers. Some people can't, or won't, believe their own eyes.

 

Uhh... I guess tomorrow I'll have to bring my dial calipers to compare.  I am waiting for someone to ask what the size of the exposed driver are.  :eek:

post #447 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
 

 

Uhh... I guess tomorrow I'll have to bring my dial calipers to compare.  I am waiting for someone to ask what the size of the exposed driver are.  :eek:

Give it a few... someone will do it...

 

*

post #448 of 6527
^ More like see n' say sometimes my friend. If you think the petty acrimony is bad on the "e" thread you should stay home and watch CSPAN while Congress is in session. Hilarity!
post #449 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 

Give it a few... someone will do it...

 

 

 

lol, its coming.  By the way your initial impressions when you first listened to the RS1e are the same as mine.  The burn in continues.

post #450 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post

^ More like see n' say sometimes my friend. If you think the petty acrimony is bad on the "e" thread you should stay home and watch CSPAN while Congress is in session. Hilarity!

I've done it... this is more interesting because I can actually interact immediately with the tinfoil hat wearing, mouth breathers...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado e Series