No, I've never heard the HF-2…but the 325is's vocals are very forward/clear/realistic, which is why I like them so much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on 10/19/14 at 6:57am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR 325 is driver mismatch Last post on 12/24/11 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Grado e Series - Page 146
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just got my SR80e in the mail! They haven't broken in yet (obviously), but right out of the box they are the most detailed (°_°)phones I owned. They seem flatter than AKG K240S, with treble not being rolled off as much. The bass extends nicely, and all tracks from my collection I tried so far have no bass problems. Whenever there is a prominent bass line, the lower notes do not sound quieter than the higher ones. I can hear deep bass just fine, and there is very little distortion. The foam does make the ears warmer to an extent, but beyond that extent they don't start to sweat, like SOME HEADPHONES MAKE THEM. They are very light, and DO NOT flatten my hair, like the flat plastic headband of K240S does.
Grado representative promised me the thing is neutral, and they didn't lie to me, which is kind of nice.
The only one thing I wish to add: I want Grado to start adding removable cables to all of their models. Like, ALL OF THEM. I wonder if anyone here mods them...
IMO, the RS1s are 35% better than the SR80s for 7x price. The SR80e is the best value hp in market.
aren't they still under warranty? also are you sure it's the driver and not the cable that is defective?
my sr60i took just under 5 years of daily (and i do mean every single day no less than five hours and usually more per day) of use/abuse before needing to be re cabled and even out of warranty it only cost $25 (which included return shipping from gradolabs).when i asked for an estimate of how long it would take to get them back i was told up to 60 days but i think they were just being overly cautious because i had them back on my doorstep good as new in less than eight days.i would email (or phone) them here and find out.best of luck
firstname.lastname@example.org. phone (718) 435-5340
Edited by xylin6 - 10/23/14 at 8:15pm
If you only had them a few weeks, how could you say "while they lasted"???
Don't even think twice about returning them for a new pair!
yep just checked I got em two weeks ago on the 9th.at first the left side kinda sounded like it was crackling I thought it was my imagination .then they just quit working on left side. I wish I kept the box.
Love LP/vinyl too. But going to and from to flip the vinyl for the side 2 is a PITA...hehe...so just went CDs and rips and looked for players and DACs that don't sound digital-ish but vinyl-ish. They're out there.
Btw, my father has a turntable (in a cabinet) where you can put as much as 10 vinyls (IIRC, but definitely more than 5) stacked up and they'll all play continuously after each other (of course without flipping for Side B..hehe). Do they make those now? Been looking and researching and can't see any.
Many, many (maybe even most) turntables in the 70's and earlier were "record changers". Brands included Dual, Fisher, Garrard, PE, and many more. I used to have a Fisher that had two spindles - a short one for playing records singly, and a tall one when used as a changer.
Like many convenience features, in any field, the extra parts and relative complexity of changers had their down side. Simpler manual turntables rose up stronger, as cost effective quality.
Also, for "serious" listening, the rake angle of the stylus could only be correct for one of the records in your stack. That was another compromise, but most didn't mind when a stack of records could play for the duration of typical party.
contact grado. It's a minor repair.
I realized yesterday that I have been listening to EVERYTHING on 1 to 3 bars of volume (out of 16). SR80e is the most efficient pair I have ever owned. I'd even say they are too efficient.
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New AKG K701 (Without Bumps - Original Manufactured Condition from... 10 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 US Tour Thread / Impressions and Reviews 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Donscorpio dolphin 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 *Price Drop* 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 6 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)