or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado e Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado e Series - Page 107

post #1591 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Exactly what I have been reading about the RS1e.....the comfort is just not there......I would just assume they sound a little better than the "i".....maybe not much......but most agree the "e" series sounds a tad better.

 

They just need to sort the comfort out on the RS1e, maybe.......it is pretty obvious by the pictures that the ear would be rubbing.


It wouldn't be hard to fix... make the cups deeper so the drivers sit flush, then they would fit just like the old RS1/i. I don't have much of an issue with the fit of the RS1e once I "fixed" the hard edge your ear sits against with some cheaply made spacers (hair ties lol) AND if your one of those people that runs flats there isn't and issue... flats are stiff/small enough so you don't feel that edge around the driver.

post #1592 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Exactly what I have been reading about the RS1e.....the comfort is just not there......I would just assume they sound a little better than the "i".....maybe not much......but most agree the "e" series sounds a tad better.

 

They just need to sort the comfort out on the RS1e, maybe.......it is pretty obvious by the pictures that the ear would be rubbing.


It wouldn't be hard to fix... make the cups deeper so the drivers sit flush, then they would fit just like the old RS1/i. I don't have much of an issue with the fit of the RS1e once I "fixed" the hard edge your ear sits against with some cheaply made spacers (hair ties lol) AND if your one of those people that runs flats there isn't and issue... flats are stiff/small enough so you don't feel that edge around the driver.

 

Yea, deeper cups would solve the comfort issue.....may change the sound that they were striving for, though.

 

I never liked the ttvj flats with my RS1i......it messed with the mids too much for my liking.

 

I do like the flats with the lower end models though.

 

I have never heard the RS1e.....with the RS1i, the L cushion was the perfect sound for me.

 

I am saving up for a new amp for my HD800.....after I get that rig complete....I may revisit the RS1's.....probably wont be for quite some time, so maybe they can sort the RS1e's comfort issue.......then maybe, they don't see it as an issue  :smile: 


Edited by whirlwind - 8/25/14 at 3:34am
post #1593 of 6527

New member here looking for advice regarding GS1000i vs. GS1000e.  I've read through nearly all of the posts in this thread and several other Grado threads as well and just can't come to a conclusion.  I'm new to Grado cans so don't have a history with the Grado "sound" to compare with (I do have Grado's in ear GR10 which I love).  I currently use HiFiMan 500s and just aren't as thrilled with them as I had hoped... plus the weight drives me crazy.

 

So when I read all of the glowing reviews out there for the "i" series I have a hard time thinking I would be disappointed getting the "i"s instead of the "e"s and save $100.  Additionally, I've read a few reviews saying that the weight of the new cable on the "e"s is heavier and can cause the cans to slip off your head if you're not careful 

 

I'm leaning toward the "i"s but don't want to be stupid about it if the new version is really that superior sonically. 

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

post #1594 of 6527

Her is a quick impression of the differences between the GS1Ki/e from a Head-Fier who has plenty of experience with both of these model including the GS1K. Most people who have heard the 2 models you are curious about are have pretty much the same conclusion.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #1578 of 1593
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noykrub View Post

I really want to know the sound between G1000i and G1000e. Anyone help me? Please. Thanks


i've owned both the original gs1000, and the gs1000i, and now i have the gs1000e.

i didn't own any combination of any of these at the same time, so i wasn't able to do any direct comparisons.

i didn't notice much if any difference in the gs, and gsi, but to me, the gs1ke is noticeably better, smoother up top, more refined treble

the mids seem more full, fleshed out. just an all around smoother, more refined headphone.

post #1595 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF View Post
 

New member here looking for advice regarding GS1000i vs. GS1000e.  I've read through nearly all of the posts in this thread and several other Grado threads as well and just can't come to a conclusion.  I'm new to Grado cans so don't have a history with the Grado "sound" to compare with (I do have Grado's in ear GR10 which I love).  I currently use HiFiMan 500s and just aren't as thrilled with them as I had hoped... plus the weight drives me crazy.

 

So when I read all of the glowing reviews out there for the "i" series I have a hard time thinking I would be disappointed getting the "i"s instead of the "e"s and save $100.  Additionally, I've read a few reviews saying that the weight of the new cable on the "e"s is heavier and can cause the cans to slip off your head if you're not careful 

 

I'm leaning toward the "i"s but don't want to be stupid about it if the new version is really that superior sonically. 

Any thoughts?  Thanks!


i do think the "e's" are sonically superior , they are very comfortable, and i don't find the difference in cable weight noticeable at all.

i haven't had any trouble with them staying on my head, but u se mine at home, and i'm not really headbanging either.

i say they are certainly worth the extra $100

post #1596 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF View Post

New member here looking for advice regarding GS1000i vs. GS1000e.  I've read through nearly all of the posts in this thread and several other Grado threads as well and just can't come to a conclusion.  I'm new to Grado cans so don't have a history with the Grado "sound" to compare with (I do have Grado's in ear GR10 which I love).  I currently use HiFiMan 500s and just aren't as thrilled with them as I had hoped... plus the weight drives me crazy.

So when I read all of the glowing reviews out there for the "i" series I have a hard time thinking I would be disappointed getting the "i"s instead of the "e"s and save $100.  Additionally, I've read a few reviews saying that the weight of the new cable on the "e"s is heavier and can cause the cans to slip off your head if you're not careful 

I'm leaning toward the "i"s but don't want to be stupid about it if the new version is really that superior sonically. 
Any thoughts?  Thanks!

I had the PS500 which I liked very much. I have since received a set of PS500e to replace them. I only got them several days ago and am still in the process of breaking them in. That said, out of the box new I noticed improvements across the full spectrum. Bass had better detail, mids and highs sounded more refined. Now over 50 hours in on them those impressions are being reinforced and improved upon. Prior to this I heard the SR60e directly against the 60i and heard similar differences but to a much smaller degree.

I will auditioning the PS1000e and SR325e in the next few weeks and will report further.

Get the new e version would be my advice. cool.gif
post #1597 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF View Post
 

New member here looking for advice regarding GS1000i vs. GS1000e.  I've read through nearly all of the posts in this thread and several other Grado threads as well and just can't come to a conclusion.  I'm new to Grado cans so don't have a history with the Grado "sound" to compare with (I do have Grado's in ear GR10 which I love).  I currently use HiFiMan 500s and just aren't as thrilled with them as I had hoped... plus the weight drives me crazy.

 

So when I read all of the glowing reviews out there for the "i" series I have a hard time thinking I would be disappointed getting the "i"s instead of the "e"s and save $100.  Additionally, I've read a few reviews saying that the weight of the new cable on the "e"s is heavier and can cause the cans to slip off your head if you're not careful 

 

I'm leaning toward the "i"s but don't want to be stupid about it if the new version is really that superior sonically. 

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

The new GS1ke has better mids, and overall detail vs the GS1ki's... get the new version!

post #1598 of 6527

Jay, you say tou didn't hear much difference between the GS and GSi, I don't know if this will jerk you're memory, but I noticed that the ''i'' had a slightly more intimate midrange, and not surprisignely, a slightly smaller soundstage. I also found that because the mids are a little more fleshed out, the treble isn't as peaky. overall I prefer the ''i'''s sound signature, and I stll remember what I said to my salesman when I took them back after the 3 days loan, I said, ''I'm happy for the people who are going to buy these, because, they have brought the GSi, that much closer to the PS1000'', Of course I said it in French, because I live in, la belle ville de Montréal!.

 

I just came fro my dealer and they told me that because the most pairs of Ps1000 they've sold in a year is 3, they're not going to have a demo pair for me to try. I responded that I woll not buy a pair of headphones this expensive without trying them on my system first, so it all the same to me, I can buy them elsewhere, but you might end up losing a sale.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I had already decided to buy the PS1000, but my salesman insisted that I give the GSi a try first, and in my opinion, as far as price performance goes, the GSi tramples the PS1000

post #1599 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

Jay, you say tou didn't hear much difference between the GS and GSi, I don't know if this will jerk you're memory, but I noticed that the ''i'' had a slightly more intimate midrange, and not surprisignely, a slightly smaller soundstage. I also found that because the mids are a little more fleshed out, the treble isn't as peaky. overall I prefer the ''i'''s sound signature, and I stll remember what I said to my salesman when I took them back after the 3 days loan, I said, ''I'm happy for the people who are going to buy these, because, they have brought the GSi, that much closer to the PS1000'', Of course I said it in French, because I live in, la belle ville de Montréal!.

 

I just came fro my dealer and they told me that because the most pairs of Ps1000 they've sold in a year is 3, they're not going to have a demo pair for me to try. I responded that I woll not buy a pair of headphones this expensive without trying them on my system first, so it all the same to me, I can buy them elsewhere, but you might end up losing a sale.

 

 

 

I had already decided to buy the PS1000, but my salesman insisted that I give the GSi a try first, and in my opinion, as far as price performance goes, the GSi tramples the PS1000

i do remember i did prefer the "i" to the original gs1, but my memory is lacking as to specifics of the differences, i'll trust your findings.

i i do think i have a better idea of the improvements the "e" has over the "i"

 

and i do agree  the price/performance ratio winner between the gs1k and ps1k is the gs !

post #1600 of 6527

I have to say Jay, reading positive posts  like yours and others, and maybe it's just me, but it seems a tough there are less talk about quality issues as time goes by. I can only imagine how good the PS1000e must sound, because, as I have sais many times before, aside from their weight, I like everything about them soundwise, so to say that I am intriged, is a big understatement.

 

I went to my dealers today, and they phoned the Grado rep live, and he said that since the store doesn't want to buy a pair, they're basically asking him to do them a favor for a good client. And they also reminded him that I'm for real, and that, I already own a pair of GS and  PS1000. and a few more, so I'm no tire kiker, but he said that they're selling them as fast as they can built them at the moment, so it might a while before I get the chance to try them. If I get to itchy, I might start looking elsewere.

post #1601 of 6527
I wonder what the differences might be between a PS1000i and the GS1000e? Worth having both of these?
post #1602 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

I have to say Jay, reading positive posts  like yours and others, and maybe it's just me, but it seems a tough there are less talk about quality issues as time goes by. I can only imagine how good the PS1000e must sound, because, as I have sais many times before, aside from their weight, I like everything about them soundwise, so to say that I am intriged, is a big understatement.

 

I went to my dealers today, and they phoned the Grado rep live, and he said that since the store doesn't want to buy a pair, they're basically asking him to do them a favor for a good client. And they also reminded him that I'm for real, and that, I already own a pair of GS and  PS1000. and a few more, so I'm no tire kiker, but he said that they're selling them as fast as they can built them at the moment, so it might a while before I get the chance to try them. If I get to itchy, I might start looking elsewere.

my gs1ke's are perfect, no issues at all, quality isn't an issue with me.

when i ordered mine from todd, he didn't have one in stock, it shipped straight from grado.

if you haven't already, check out what peter(MH) has to say about the ps1000 vs the ps1000e.

post #1603 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by realstar View Post

I wonder what the differences might be between a PS1000i and the GS1000e? Worth having both of these?

"worth" is so subjective, its a tough call. they do sound different, i had the gs1000, and the ps1000 at the same time,

along with the lcd x, in my mind i couldn't justify having both the ps1k, and the lcd x, and the grado are cut from the same sonic cloth

so to speak, i wanted more of a contrasting sound, so i let the ps1000 go and kept the lcd x

post #1604 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

my gs1ke's are perfect, no issues at all, quality isn't an issue with me.

when i ordered mine from todd, he didn't have one in stock, it shipped straight from grado.

if you haven't already, check out what peter(MH) has to say about the ps1000 vs the ps1000e.


Same here, as are my RS1e's

post #1605 of 6527
:)

Edited by thinker - 8/27/14 at 4:07am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado e Series