Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado e Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado e Series - Page 91

post #1351 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post

I heard both woodied 325s and woodied 225s and while the wood cups did soften the 325s some, they still sounded nothing alike imo.

OK. Side by side? Same wood? Just wondering.
post #1352 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post


OK. Side by side? Same wood? Just wondering.

 

Not side by side but it was ebony for each of them.

post #1353 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by colgatetotal View Post

Own the 225i, done this, 100% disagree. Taping the bowls gets rid of much of the airiness. Punching the felt improves the bass and doesn't get rid of the air. But neither mod puts it close to the RS1i IMO. Doing both mods at once gets you a surprising amount of slam though.

Here's an experiment: put the G-cushions on the 225i and get destroyed by the excessive treble. Then put them on the RS1i. It won't be as bad. (I heard the RS2i sounds surprisingly good with G-cushions because it's darker but I haven't tried it myself)
hmmm my frist grado is rs2i and love it..but want my next to be a little less bright but you say its a dark grado..lol if thats possible. ..
post #1354 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
 

So maybe just stick with getting the 225 and a new amp as opposed to the rs1?

Not necessarily.   One way to look at Grado is that they are various flavors of awesome.  Add the potential for mods like puttintg tape around the bowls or changing pads, and it's virtually endless.

 

It would be a mistake to change a buying decision based on one or even ten posts.  Just because I found the RS1i a ridiculous waste of money does not mean that you would. In fact, going the 225 route could be a mistake.

 

In general, I suggest getting the best Grado you can afford.  They are all very easy to drive.  Trust yourself, and enjoy the process.  And check in this thread and the Grado fan club every day, make some friends, and have FUN!  And keep posting...

post #1355 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

Not necessarily.   One way to look at Grado is that they are various flavors of awesome.  Add the potential for mods like puttintg tape around the bowls or changing pads, and it's virtually endless.

 

It would be a mistake to change a buying decision based on one or even ten posts.  Just because I found the RS1i a ridiculous waste of money does not mean that you would. In fact, going the 225 route could be a mistake.

 

In general, I suggest getting the best Grado you can afford.  They are all very easy to drive.  Trust yourself, and enjoy the process.  And check in this thread and the Grado fan club every day, make some friends, and have FUN!  And keep posting...

 

good advice for anyone at any level in this crazy hobby

post #1356 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi30 View Post

hmmm my frist grado is rs2i and love it..but want my next to be a little less bright but you say its a dark grado..lol if thats possible. ..

 

PS500e

post #1357 of 2898
Theres a grado hp2 for sale ive never heard of it only 500 made something like that...$500 hmm I dont no????
post #1358 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi30 View Post

Theres a grado hp2 for sale ive never heard of it only 500 made something like that...$500 hmm I dont no????

 

If you found a genuine HP2 for 500 bucks then it's a steal... they sell anywhere from 2500-3500usd on head-fi.

post #1359 of 2898
You are joking!!!
post #1360 of 2898
I got it wrong hf 2 balanced cable ..but still says only 500 made...
post #1361 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post

If you found a genuine HP2 for 500 bucks then it's a steal... they sell anywhere from 2500-3500usd on head-fi.

Maybe he meant HF2. Actually, HP1k doesn't sell at those prices: the same ones just get bumped over and over so it looks that way. The price ranges wildly (1-3k) depending on how crappy the lettering.
post #1362 of 2898

HF2 is a limited edition.

 

PS500 sound and build is based on HF2. but more bass in PS500 and, IIRC, better defined soundstage, too.

post #1363 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post


Maybe he meant HF2. Actually, HP1k doesn't sell at those prices: the same ones just get bumped over and over so it looks that way. The price ranges wildly (1-3k) depending on how crappy the lettering.

 

Right, HF2 makes more sense. Actually the HP2i should sell for about that much now considering the "upgrades" for it were charged for over 1k usd.

post #1364 of 2898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi30 View Post

I got it wrong hf 2 balanced cable ..but still says only 500 made...

OK....that is a different story  :p

post #1365 of 2898
Bummer..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado e Series