^ agreed. There's a time for rocking out/jamming, and there's a time for listening that just takes you away. And it only needs to be as loud as it needs to be to take you away. Man I can fall asleep pretty good with some Soundtrack music playing just loud enough to block out the outside noise.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on Today at 6:31 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR 325 is driver mismatch Last post on 12/24/11 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado e Series - Page 79
Gear mentioned in this thread:
whew. that's a relief. I thought you had crossed an LCD with an RS1 or somethin'.
we do genetic crosses here at the lab, but not with cans!
^ I agree, but they're kinda overpriced IMO. very nice though. Still, you can buy the Beyer 880 or even just make your own if you've got some materials and sewing know-how.
Ah the age-old question of how to up the comfort...
Those look nice, I agree. Although I've never had a problem with the stock Grado bands in over a decade. I really just want one because leather makes me happy.
Yeah, but usually, it's more loud than low volume for me.
I listen to symphonies at full blast. It's great. I don't damage my hearing, there's a threshold I don't go past, but it doesn't mean the volume is way down either. As for anything rock, which is what my 325s excel at, they sound at their best with the volume turned UP.
Sure, but with Grados for outside noise to be blocked, they need to be pretty loud IMO. The 325s especially shine at loud volumes with anything rock/blues/metal.
Yes, I do agree that the Grados sound nicer at a mid/high volume.
In the case of the PS series--more bass; bass EQed more than mids and treble.
these LPs just came in here in Nirvana. Will be waxin' the 'table this WE, man....
and the ps500 on BHA-1. LG x1000
Great choices! I have the second two. If Bohm's Mozart is indicative of his approach, I would expect structured, Apollonian performances. The Heifetz is my go to (along with his version with Toscanini from 1940), and I think Perahia's the greatest living pianist.
Perahia is indeed great -- hope he fully recovers from his hand injuries. Quite prolonged.
Other candidates for "greatest living pianist" (without Grado headphones):
Alfred Brendel (Schubert, Beethoven sonatas)
Andras Schiff (Mozart piano sonatas, Bach partitas)
Martha Argerich (some Chopin)
Angela Hewitt (her Bach is sublime)
Vladimir Ashkenazy (his Beethoven Emperor with Vienna Phil/Mehta still gives me the thrills)
Krystian Zimerman (Beethoven Piano Concertos, Bernstein/Vienna Phil)
more but I'm blocking on them.
Yeah, he cancelled on us a couple of years ago but I got hear him before that. I don't find him to be especially original, just consistently beautiful. That's enough for me. If I had to list another, I would choose Evgeny Kissin. The rest of my list would include Andras Schiff, Richard Goode, and maybe Grigory Sokolov.
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 19 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 2 minutes ago
- › Please Help with Audeze Upgrade Dilemma! Edited: No More Dilemma,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 6 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)