PortaPros all the way!
Related Forum Threads
- Best unamped open or closed headphones for 300$ or less Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Design / look of headphones and you Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best "out of your head" headphones? Last post on 2/6/15 at 8:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Coolest headphones for summer? - Page 2post #16 of 296/15/14 at 5:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 296/15/14 at 10:17pmpost #18 of 296/17/14 at 9:50ampost #19 of 296/18/14 at 11:32ampost #20 of 296/18/14 at 12:01pmpost #21 of 296/18/14 at 6:51pmThread Starterpost #22 of 296/21/14 at 4:43pmThread Starterpost #23 of 296/21/14 at 5:00pmpost #24 of 296/24/14 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #25 of 296/25/14 at 6:39ampost #26 of 296/25/14 at 6:47am
I have never owned the Porta Pro so I can't comment on those. I grab my Grado's on hot days, they are very light and the pads sit on my ear not over it so I get plenty of air flow in and around my ears.post #27 of 296/26/14 at 7:03pmThread Starter
I have to say the clear winner so far is KSC75, hands down. And they sound surprisingly good also, even though that wasn't the primary focus here. When you consider the price and the warranty, they're really hard to be in terms of value.post #28 of 296/26/14 at 7:11pmQuote:
I agree, but the warranty isn't worth much because you have to pay at least the shipping so you might as well buy a new one. The headband mod makes it last longer as there's less stress on the cables from putting it on and taking it off.post #29 of 296/28/14 at 5:38amThread StarterQuote:
Great points, but it is amazing that they sound as good as they do for the price. KSC75 are really pretty cheap online. And they are definitely cool. They're light also.
- Coolest headphones for summer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 21 seconds ago
- › Finally NEW headphone from Beyerdynamic!!! DT-1770 59 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › NEW - Beyerdynamic DT-1770 (250 ohm) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2