PortaPros all the way!
Related Forum Threads
- Best unamped open or closed headphones for 300$ or less Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Design / look of headphones and you Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best "out of your head" headphones? Last post on 2/6/15 at 8:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Coolest headphones for summer? - Page 2post #16 of 296/15/14 at 5:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 296/15/14 at 10:17pmpost #18 of 296/17/14 at 9:50ampost #19 of 296/18/14 at 11:32ampost #20 of 296/18/14 at 12:01pmpost #21 of 296/18/14 at 6:51pmThread Starterpost #22 of 296/21/14 at 4:43pmThread Starterpost #23 of 296/21/14 at 5:00pmpost #24 of 296/24/14 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #25 of 296/25/14 at 6:39ampost #26 of 296/25/14 at 6:47am
I have never owned the Porta Pro so I can't comment on those. I grab my Grado's on hot days, they are very light and the pads sit on my ear not over it so I get plenty of air flow in and around my ears.post #27 of 296/26/14 at 7:03pmThread Starter
I have to say the clear winner so far is KSC75, hands down. And they sound surprisingly good also, even though that wasn't the primary focus here. When you consider the price and the warranty, they're really hard to be in terms of value.post #28 of 296/26/14 at 7:11pmQuote:
I agree, but the warranty isn't worth much because you have to pay at least the shipping so you might as well buy a new one. The headband mod makes it last longer as there's less stress on the cables from putting it on and taking it off.post #29 of 296/28/14 at 5:38amThread StarterQuote:
Great points, but it is amazing that they sound as good as they do for the price. KSC75 are really pretty cheap online. And they are definitely cool. They're light also.
- Coolest headphones for summer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › FX-Audio DAC-X6 2016 Release; potential sub-$100 king? 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 minutes ago
- › Plenue P1 DIGNIS CASE 10 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › Does my setup warrant a DAC/AMP? 13 minutes ago
- › SoundMagic E50 & E80 - Story of Two Magicians - A Review... 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...