- 205 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Closed Headphones that Sound like HD650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Funny... I'd asked the exact quest a while ago. And probably should have also done a search.
Here are a lot of good places to search
I went with the Beyer T70s, but I should have gone with the Mr Speakers Alpha Dogs... (and now I'm getting some LCD-XCs)
My feeling about the T70 is that it is a very very good headphone and doesn't really do anything "wrong", but I never love listening to it. It never makes me want to listen more.
I'm really looking forward to hearing how the LCD-XC compares.
I'd also add that I love Magnepans, so I think that I am biased to think that orthodynamic headphones might sound better (to me). (I'll know soon.)
Have you thought about IEMs and another closed alternative? I actually find that I like listening to the Cardas EarSpeakers more than the T70.
Also, I haven't heard the other Beyers, so I can't comment on how the T70 compares to them.
So do you think the Alpha Dog is the best bet?
Well, I haven't heard the AD or the LCD-XC yet... so I can't say.
I was saying that they were the most attractive to me, in terms of hopefully providing what I wanted, and that the T70 didn't provide it to me.
I also had the same question. I have a Senn hd600.
But the MrSpeakers Alpha Dog mentioned earlier needs a powerfull amp. My amp was not powerful enough (starving student amp), resulting in a very thin bass response.
I ended up with a Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro. Cheaper and pretty similiar to the HD600. Although I don't like other open Beyer headphones, this closed one had been added to my inventory
I'll try to listen to both more and provide more feedback.
The general things that I noticed were the sound stage was smaller and there was a lot less detail. But I thought, at least for the brief listens, that tonality wise they were certainly in the same camp.
- Closed Headphones that Sound like HD650?
- › kala jadu specialist baba ji +91 8440828240 bihar patna 20 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 35 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › black magic specialist baba ji +91 8440828240 ahmedabad gujarat 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread) 4 minutes ago
- › love marriage specialist baba ji +91 8440828240 jharkhand ranchi 4 minutes ago
- › love problem solution guru ji +91 8440828240 kerala kochi 6 minutes ago
- › love problem solution baba ji +91 8440828240 jharkhand ranchi 7 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 8 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 8 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear