or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › New to earphones - is the FX850 a good start? Dita and FAD Questions...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New to earphones - is the FX850 a good start? Dita and FAD Questions...

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 

Hi all,

 

So I just pulled the trigger on the JVC FX850's after listening to a regular old pair of ipod earphones and finding I liked them even more than my Alpha Dogs and W1000x (weird, right?). However, I've been doing some research on Dita The Answer and Final Audio Designs Heaven VI, which also look like great earphones. I'm a little bit jumpy as the wait for the FX850 is a month and am wondering if anyone has A/B'd these with the Dita or FAD phones. Other comments are welcome also, as I have little to no experience with earphones.

 

So,

 

What are peoples impressions of the FX850's coming from closed back full-sized cans, and how do they match up to the Dita's or FAD's? I listen to mainly electronic and rock (think The Mars Volta or Trentemoller).

 

Anyways, just a newbie looking for some insight.


Edited by deanderson - 6/6/14 at 6:22pm
post #2 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanderson View Post

Hi all,

So I just pulled the trigger on the JVC FX580's after listening to a regular old pair of ipod earphones and finding I liked them even more than my Alpha Dogs and W1000x (weird, right?). However, I've been doing some research on Dita The Answer and Final Audio Designs Heaven VI, which also look like great earphones. I'm a little bit jumpy as the wait for the FX580 is a month and am wondering if anyone has A/B'd these with the Dita or FAD phones. Other comments are welcome also, as I have little to no experience with earphones.

So,

What are peoples impressions of the FX580's coming from closed back full-sized cans, and how do they match up to the Dita's or FAD's? I listen to mainly electronic and rock (think The Mars Volta or Trentemoller).

Anyways, just a newbie looking for some insight.

Your post is kind of a coincidence to me as last Friday I ordered the Dita Answers and the FAD heaven vi. Then this Monday I ordered the FX-850. I haven't heard the FX-850 yet as they are supposed to arrive on Monday. The answers came in on Tuesday and they are amazing, my favourite next to my HE-500.
The FAD's aren't really broken in yet but I don't see them being great for rock. They are quite good with vocals though, but so are the Ditas. I could easily live with just one pair of Ditas and be extremely happy with them. The FAD are what I would consider a nice change or complement to the Ditas, but I wouldn't want them as an only pair. If fact I am listening to the Ditas now even though the FAD are only a few hours old, but I won't getting rid of them as I already enjoy their vocals.

Oh, and I find the Alpha dog is a great hp as well. It is just tough to get the best performance out of it. I found when I was using it with my Concero HP and PicoPower it still didn't compare to using them with my home setup, the BHA-1 is really good with planners.
Edited by Dave74 - 6/5/14 at 9:20pm
post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the great info!

 

I'd love to here how the FX850 compares with the other two when it comes


Edited by deanderson - 6/6/14 at 6:23pm
post #4 of 26

No problem... Once I get some time on the JVC's I'll post my thoughts.  The thing is that from what I have read is that the FX-850's being dynamic drivers require quite a bit of time for break in... The Dita's do as well as they are also dynamics, so mine are not close to being broken in.  The Heaven VI's are a single BA driver, so there is a lot less break in required, hours as opposed to hundreds of hours.

 

I find the Heaven VI's are great for a lot of 80's soft rock... Stuff like Bob Seager's Like a Rock, or vocalists like Julio Iglesias, whereas even Bon Jovi's ballads seem to be a little congested to my ears. Don't get me wrong, I have been listening to them this morning and they have a nice warm and moving vocal presentation, great for relaxing.

post #5 of 26

Are we talking HA-FX850? or is there a 580??

post #6 of 26
Thread Starter 

The JVC Kenwood HA-FX850


Edited by deanderson - 6/6/14 at 6:23pm
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanderson View Post
 

The JVC Kenwood HA-FX580

Are these over the ear? If so - what I am finding is the HA-X580 - damned "F" getting in the way. ;)

post #8 of 26

Have you guys tried 750 and the 850?

 

It is pretty good for its value..but slightly V-Shaped.

post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanderson View Post

The JVC Kenwood HA-FX580
Ahh, sorry Dean. I reversed the two numbers. I read FX850 lol.
post #10 of 26
Thread Starter 

oops I got it all wrong

 

to clear things up, its this:

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KENWOOD-In-Ear-Headphones-HA-FX850/dp/B00I4KPBF2/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402103931&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=jvc+kenwood+fx+580

 

it is the FX850, my bad, sorry for all the confusion this caused

post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanderson View Post
 

oops I got it all wrong

 

 

it is the FX850, my bad, sorry for all the confusion this caused

I'm coming over now and beating you about the head and chest....:D

post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave74 View Post


Your post is kind of a coincidence to me as last Friday I ordered the Dita Answers and the FAD heaven vi. Then this Monday I ordered the FX-850. I haven't heard the FX-850 yet as they are supposed to arrive on Monday. The answers came in on Tuesday and they are amazing, my favourite next to my HE-500.
The FAD's aren't really broken in yet but I don't see them being great for rock. They are quite good with vocals though, but so are the Ditas. I could easily live with just one pair of Ditas and be extremely happy with them. The FAD are what I would consider a nice change or complement to the Ditas, but I wouldn't want them as an only pair. If fact I am listening to the Ditas now even though the FAD are only a few hours old, but I won't getting rid of them as I already enjoy their vocals.

Oh, and I find the Alpha dog is a great hp as well. It is just tough to get the best performance out of it. I found when I was using it with my Concero HP and PicoPower it still didn't compare to using them with my home setup, the BHA-1 is really good with planners.

HE-500's are pretty much my fav headphone I've ever owned, so wondering how the FX850 stack up? Looking at this for my next IEM

The Ditas are too expensive :X

post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

HE-500's are pretty much my fav headphone I've ever owned, so wondering how the FX850 stack up? Looking at this for my next IEM

The Ditas are too expensive :X

Hi nehcrow, unfortunately I still have not received my FX850's... Here is a another post of mine about from the Dita thread about what might have happened. The seller still has not responded my email nor have they responded to the email Amazon sent them, so if they don't show up today the rep. from Amazon said I'll get a refund.

 

"I ordered a pair of JVC FX-850 from a seller off of Amazon last Monday and on Friday the tracking said that they had been delivered with a signature to someone in California. This persons name wasn't even close to mine and I live in Canada, not the U.S. The seller has not responded to my emails yet and it has now been about 48 hours.  I was told if they weren't delivered by Monday I would get a refund. I am just hoping they gave me someone else's tracking no by mistake and that the seller hasn't responded because it is the weekend."

post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave74 View Post
 

Hi nehcrow, unfortunately I still have not received my FX850's... Here is a another post of mine about from the Dita thread about what might have happened. The seller still has not responded my email nor have they responded to the email Amazon sent them, so if they don't show up today the rep. from Amazon said I'll get a refund.

 

"I ordered a pair of JVC FX-850 from a seller off of Amazon last Monday and on Friday the tracking said that they had been delivered with a signature to someone in California. This persons name wasn't even close to mine and I live in Canada, not the U.S. The seller has not responded to my emails yet and it has now been about 48 hours.  I was told if they weren't delivered by Monday I would get a refund. I am just hoping they gave me someone else's tracking no by mistake and that the seller hasn't responded because it is the weekend."

That sucks bro :(
Some people just want to scam others, thank god you had buyer protection through Amazon!

post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

That sucks bro :(
Some people just want to scam others, thank god you had buyer protection through Amazon!

I'm glad I upgraded shipping to EMS express which had tracking.  I would have ordered directly through Amazon for a little higher price but with more peace of mind but when I clicked their link it said this item wasn't available to ship it to Canada.  So I had to use a private seller going through Amazon.  This seller still has no feedback, I don't think they tried to scam me though, I think they, or the postal service made a mistake and they don't want to deal with it... When they sent me the tracking no. they asked me to put in good feedback for them once I received the package.

Who know though, maybe they will still show up, but I doubt it or the seller would have sent me the proper tracking no. by now if this was the wrong one.


Edited by Dave74 - 6/9/14 at 6:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › New to earphones - is the FX850 a good start? Dita and FAD Questions...