or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How can I increase the audio qulity for my Philips X1?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How can I increase the audio qulity for my Philips X1?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Hey guys,

 

 

I am currently running a philips x1 with a creative z.

 

In total, I payd arround 260€ for both. I wanted to know, if there is a better setup for better audio quality. I am not looking to upgrade my headphones, more into upgrade the creative z.

 

Are there any sound card, which are worth the price?

 

Cheers!

post #2 of 12
What is your budget for the upgrade? Is this for gaming, music, movies?
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

What is your budget for the upgrade? Is this for gaming, music, movies?

 Well, I don't really have a budget, if I sell my creative Z, arround 150€.

 

I am mostly looking for gaming/music...

post #4 of 12
Asus Xonar STX/ST is considered one of the best for the money.
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Asus Xonar STX/ST is considered one of the best for the money.

Heard that too, but I also heard that the surround sound is the worst on the market

post #6 of 12

Also if you'd like to and you can afford to, start getting your music in Lossless Quality, or at the very least shoot for mp3 v0 quality 

 

or you could also use a DSP software with your existing headphone, there may be some inexpensive or free ones. In Short DSP can increase sound stage and bring some mirco details forward. Combine a little DSP with a better DAC and you should really enjoy your X1 even more so 


Edited by Mshenay - 6/5/14 at 1:55pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePotatoArmy View Post

Heard that too, but I also heard that the surround sound is the worst on the market

I've never heard that Dolby Headphone was bad.
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


I've never heard that Dolby Headphone was bad.

I am talking about the virtual surround sound, which the sound card is offering.

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePotatoArmy View Post

I am talking about the virtual surround sound, which the sound card is offering.

Dolby Headphone IS the virtual surround sound feature to use with headphones. The other virtual surround DSP that the STX has is for use with speakers.
post #10 of 12
Dolby Headphone: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/technology/home-theater/dolby-headphone.html
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


Dolby Headphone IS the virtual surround sound feature to use with headphones. The other virtual surround DSP that the STX has is for use with speakers.

 

 

Quote:

this, the DSP should improve the experince as a whole 

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

 

this, the DSP should improve the experince as a whole 

Will the STX be a good upgrade to my current sbz?

 

Also, I heard on other boards that the titanium HD from creative is better then the stx.

 

Is that true.

 

Also can you name me a dsp program, I never heard of them

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › How can I increase the audio qulity for my Philips X1?