Hello headfi, I am still new to this website, so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong section. During Christmas, I ordered a pair of Harman Kardon CL's. They sounded phenomenal, but the comfort wasn't the best. Suddenly, about two weeks ago, the CL's decided to stop working. I am currently trying to get my replacement through the warranty, but I am wondering whether or not I should keep them or sell them when they arrive. If I decide to sell I would most likely order the V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or the Noontec Hammo. So, which of the four would you recommend most for rap music and a bit of alternative/pop like Bastille? I am not an audiophile, but I would like great sound quality, great bass, acceptable isolation, good enough comfort, a nice looking headphone, and something that would stay on my head while I am lifting. (I originally posted this in the wrong section, so I moved it here)
- productHarman Kardon CL Precision On-Ear Headphones with Extended Basstagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productMonster Inspirationtagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productNoontec HAMMO Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or Noontec Hammo? Last post on 6/4/14 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for home-use headphones Last post on 9/30/14 at 4:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-Moda Headphone upgrade worth it? Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- CrossFade LP2 | JVC HAM750 Last post on 7/8/14 at 6:41pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can get the Monster Inspirations for $99 on eBay directly from Monster (new phones but "blemished"box). Silver only, titanium is gone. These are not the active noise cancelling ones. I can't comment on the other phones, but with an M.S.R.P. of $399 reduced to $99, my guess is they will sound pretty good. They were getting good build/sound quality reviews when they were selling for between $250-$350.
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 32 seconds ago
- › First time PC HeadPhone buyer needs some recommendations 47 seconds ago
- › Vintage receivers/integrated amps by H.H. Scott, Harman Kardon, and... 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 2 minutes ago
- › Report from Fall Metro N.Y. Head Fi Meet - 11/15/14 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 3 minutes ago
- › Open vs Closed: Experiences? 3 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV player ( impressions, opinions). 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)