Hello headfi, I am still new to this website, so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong section. During Christmas, I ordered a pair of Harman Kardon CL's. They sounded phenomenal, but the comfort wasn't the best. Suddenly, about two weeks ago, the CL's decided to stop working. I am currently trying to get my replacement through the warranty, but I am wondering whether or not I should keep them or sell them when they arrive. If I decide to sell I would most likely order the V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or the Noontec Hammo. So, which of the four would you recommend most for rap music and a bit of alternative/pop like Bastille? I am not an audiophile, but I would like great sound quality, great bass, acceptable isolation, good enough comfort, a nice looking headphone, and something that would stay on my head while I am lifting. (I originally posted this in the wrong section, so I moved it here)
- productHarman Kardon CL Precision On-Ear Headphones with Extended Basstagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productMonster Inspirationtagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productNoontec HAMMO Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or Noontec Hammo? Last post on 6/4/14 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade advice: New DAP? Or just new headphones? Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- over/around ear headphones for $250 or less Last post on 2/3/15 at 9:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking to Upgrade Headphones. Last post on 1/30/15 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can get the Monster Inspirations for $99 on eBay directly from Monster (new phones but "blemished"box). Silver only, titanium is gone. These are not the active noise cancelling ones. I can't comment on the other phones, but with an M.S.R.P. of $399 reduced to $99, my guess is they will sound pretty good. They were getting good build/sound quality reviews when they were selling for between $250-$350.
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 8 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 8 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones <=$200 10 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 12 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)