Hello headfi, I am still new to this website, so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong section. During Christmas, I ordered a pair of Harman Kardon CL's. They sounded phenomenal, but the comfort wasn't the best. Suddenly, about two weeks ago, the CL's decided to stop working. I am currently trying to get my replacement through the warranty, but I am wondering whether or not I should keep them or sell them when they arrive. If I decide to sell I would most likely order the V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or the Noontec Hammo. So, which of the four would you recommend most for rap music and a bit of alternative/pop like Bastille? I am not an audiophile, but I would like great sound quality, great bass, acceptable isolation, good enough comfort, a nice looking headphone, and something that would stay on my head while I am lifting. (I originally posted this in the wrong section, so I moved it here)
- productHarman Kardon CL Precision On-Ear Headphones with Extended Basstagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productMonster Inspirationtagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productNoontec HAMMO Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or Noontec Hammo? Last post on 6/4/14 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for home-use headphones Last post on 9/30/14 at 4:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-Moda Headphone upgrade worth it? Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- CrossFade LP2 | JVC HAM750 Last post on 7/8/14 at 6:41pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can get the Monster Inspirations for $99 on eBay directly from Monster (new phones but "blemished"box). Silver only, titanium is gone. These are not the active noise cancelling ones. I can't comment on the other phones, but with an M.S.R.P. of $399 reduced to $99, my guess is they will sound pretty good. They were getting good build/sound quality reviews when they were selling for between $250-$350.
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 vs X1 2 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a combination headphone/speaker amplifier than can... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 + OPPO HA1? 6 minutes ago
- › Need Advice: Dress Shoes for Interviews, Cost no Object 6 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)