Hello headfi, I am still new to this website, so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong section. During Christmas, I ordered a pair of Harman Kardon CL's. They sounded phenomenal, but the comfort wasn't the best. Suddenly, about two weeks ago, the CL's decided to stop working. I am currently trying to get my replacement through the warranty, but I am wondering whether or not I should keep them or sell them when they arrive. If I decide to sell I would most likely order the V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or the Noontec Hammo. So, which of the four would you recommend most for rap music and a bit of alternative/pop like Bastille? I am not an audiophile, but I would like great sound quality, great bass, acceptable isolation, good enough comfort, a nice looking headphone, and something that would stay on my head while I am lifting. (I originally posted this in the wrong section, so I moved it here)
- productHarman Kardon CL Precision On-Ear Headphones with Extended Basstagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productMonster Inspirationtagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productNoontec HAMMO Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or Noontec Hammo? Last post on 6/4/14 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade advice: New DAP? Or just new headphones? Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- over/around ear headphones for $250 or less Last post on 2/3/15 at 9:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking to Upgrade Headphones. Last post on 1/30/15 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can get the Monster Inspirations for $99 on eBay directly from Monster (new phones but "blemished"box). Silver only, titanium is gone. These are not the active noise cancelling ones. I can't comment on the other phones, but with an M.S.R.P. of $399 reduced to $99, my guess is they will sound pretty good. They were getting good build/sound quality reviews when they were selling for between $250-$350.
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Gilmore Lite + PSU and Cables. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2