Hello headfi, I am still new to this website, so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong section. During Christmas, I ordered a pair of Harman Kardon CL's. They sounded phenomenal, but the comfort wasn't the best. Suddenly, about two weeks ago, the CL's decided to stop working. I am currently trying to get my replacement through the warranty, but I am wondering whether or not I should keep them or sell them when they arrive. If I decide to sell I would most likely order the V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or the Noontec Hammo. So, which of the four would you recommend most for rap music and a bit of alternative/pop like Bastille? I am not an audiophile, but I would like great sound quality, great bass, acceptable isolation, good enough comfort, a nice looking headphone, and something that would stay on my head while I am lifting. (I originally posted this in the wrong section, so I moved it here)
- productHarman Kardon CL Precision On-Ear Headphones with Extended Basstagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productMonster Inspirationtagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productNoontec HAMMO Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Monster Inspirations, or Noontec Hammo? Last post on 6/4/14 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Headphone upgrade worth it? Last post on 8/2/14 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- CrossFade LP2 | JVC HAM750 Last post on 7/8/14 at 6:41pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- v-moda crossfade lp2 counterpart Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Searching for over-ear headphones Last post on 6/12/14 at 5:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can get the Monster Inspirations for $99 on eBay directly from Monster (new phones but "blemished"box). Silver only, titanium is gone. These are not the active noise cancelling ones. I can't comment on the other phones, but with an M.S.R.P. of $399 reduced to $99, my guess is they will sound pretty good. They were getting good build/sound quality reviews when they were selling for between $250-$350.
- Harman Kardon CL, V Moda LP, Noontec Hammo, or Monster Inspiration
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 10 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 14 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E11 For sennhiser hd 600 3 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)