- 303 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Location: Malaysia. Singapore. London.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- UE Custom In-Ear Reference Monitors vs UE 18 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitors Last post on 10/19/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Personal Reference Monitors: The *Custom* Custom In-Ear Monitor Last post on 4/30/13 at 10:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review Last post on 2/22/15 at 10:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear buds that can fit in my ear Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is UE behind the curve regarding customs? Last post on 7/23/11 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bummer, I got my UERM just like a month ago (hell yeah, they're freaky awesome set of ciems). The AK240/UERM deal looks really good. If I've known, could just have waited out a little bit and grab this deal.
Wow! These are some GREAT deals! I would highly advise any and all interested in the UERM to jump on one of those deals.
In case anyone is curious about how the UERM fares with the AK240 or the AK120, it features prominently in our AK240 review here. Given the neutral signature of both the AK240 and UERM, they pair fantastically well together, offering up some of the best synergy I've heard to date in any rig anywhere. Paired with the AK120, the UERM's slight warmth tranlates the AK120's sound into a wonderfully sweet and musical experience.
For even more Astell&Kern + UERM impressions - including AK100II+UERM and AK120II+UERM impressions - I just posted a little shootout of those DAPs here.
As for the UE18, I've only tried a universal demo with my AK120. Good, solid low-end with much gravitas and an abundance of detail.
Could you clarify the UE-RM as their are two on the website. Am I correct the UE-RM referenced is the vocal reference monitors versus the personal reference monitors since the UE-RM is a lower price than for the UE-18?
Did you by chance get my PM from back on April 6th?
Just to clarify, MikeDias is right, but I think you might have missed these reference monitors on their webpage.
There are actually three 'reference' monitors.
The personal reference monitors, their top model that you tune yourself.
The vocal reference monitor, this you mentioned and is specifically designed for singers and accurate reproduction of their vocals.
The third is the one on sale here, the custom reference monitor which as Mike Dias says was designed with capitol studios for 'sound engineering' on the go. Aka, almost perfectly flat.
One more thing for cases like yours. If you already have a UE and AK combo, here's all that you have to do. Get a friend to sign up for the bundle and we'll send you a surprise thank you gift. Wink. Wink. Make the introductions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll take care of the rest. Talk about simple. You take care of your friends. We take care of you. Everyone wins.
I am interested in the AK240:)
I think it's the original AK120... which I actually prefer to the AK120II, even though the AK120II shares the same basic signature as the AK240, which I adore. Yeah, I'm weird that way.
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 54 seconds ago
- › WTS: Sennheiser HD598's 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking at Grado GR10E 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2