- 323 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Location: Malaysia. Singapore. London.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- UE Custom In-Ear Reference Monitors vs UE 18 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitors Last post on 10/19/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Personal Reference Monitors: The *Custom* Custom In-Ear Monitor Last post on 4/30/13 at 10:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review Last post on 4/12/15 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear buds that can fit in my ear Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is UE behind the curve regarding customs? Last post on 7/23/11 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bummer, I got my UERM just like a month ago (hell yeah, they're freaky awesome set of ciems). The AK240/UERM deal looks really good. If I've known, could just have waited out a little bit and grab this deal.
Wow! These are some GREAT deals! I would highly advise any and all interested in the UERM to jump on one of those deals.
In case anyone is curious about how the UERM fares with the AK240 or the AK120, it features prominently in our AK240 review here. Given the neutral signature of both the AK240 and UERM, they pair fantastically well together, offering up some of the best synergy I've heard to date in any rig anywhere. Paired with the AK120, the UERM's slight warmth tranlates the AK120's sound into a wonderfully sweet and musical experience.
For even more Astell&Kern + UERM impressions - including AK100II+UERM and AK120II+UERM impressions - I just posted a little shootout of those DAPs here.
As for the UE18, I've only tried a universal demo with my AK120. Good, solid low-end with much gravitas and an abundance of detail.
Could you clarify the UE-RM as their are two on the website. Am I correct the UE-RM referenced is the vocal reference monitors versus the personal reference monitors since the UE-RM is a lower price than for the UE-18?
Did you by chance get my PM from back on April 6th?
Just to clarify, MikeDias is right, but I think you might have missed these reference monitors on their webpage.
There are actually three 'reference' monitors.
The personal reference monitors, their top model that you tune yourself.
The vocal reference monitor, this you mentioned and is specifically designed for singers and accurate reproduction of their vocals.
The third is the one on sale here, the custom reference monitor which as Mike Dias says was designed with capitol studios for 'sound engineering' on the go. Aka, almost perfectly flat.
One more thing for cases like yours. If you already have a UE and AK combo, here's all that you have to do. Get a friend to sign up for the bundle and we'll send you a surprise thank you gift. Wink. Wink. Make the introductions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll take care of the rest. Talk about simple. You take care of your friends. We take care of you. Everyone wins.
I am interested in the AK240:)
I think it's the original AK120... which I actually prefer to the AK120II, even though the AK120II shares the same basic signature as the AK240, which I adore. Yeah, I'm weird that way.
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 33 seconds ago
- › Cowon Z2-16WH 3.7-Inch MP3 Player plus 32 gb card PRICE DROP! 1 minute ago
- › Fidelio X2 vs DT 880 vs HD600 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2