Anyone got the trick to opening up the fiio E12? I am trying to replace the battery. I've removed the two screws and back cover and assume the board slides out through the front but the bass boost switch is preventing this because it protrudes through the housing. Any trick to this or does the switch have to be broken off?
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Hiya Last post on 9/3/16 at 5:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN EF2A vs Fiio E12? Last post on 3/3/16 at 8:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser 429s no highs when plugged into DAC Last post on 2/11/15 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E12 v1 vs Cayin C5 brief comparison Last post on 2/19/16 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New full-sized headphone to get the best out of my Fiio X1 ( and Fiio E12 ) Last post on 2/24/15 at 8:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
How to open a fiio E12?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had this problem a while back, I have a bit of noise on the volume pot and it would be nice to squirt some faderlube or similar in there to calm it down. I might have to settle for spraying from without.
Thanks - It's nice to have confirmation of this, I've found the same but assumed there'd be another way. Looks like twiddling is the way forward!
Still, it seems odd that the knob stops the thing being taken apart - but I imagine all this is in the E12 thread so I'll check in over there.
Para ajudar aqueles que ainda não encontrou a resposta: Para remover o interior do FiiO E12, depois de retirar os parafusos, você deve remover o botão "bass booster" puxar para fora com uma agulha nariz alicate. Após um clique ele soltou. Após substituir a bateria, você pode colocar de volta. Outra dica: o conector da bateria deve ser removida puxando-o para cima (na sua direção), e não na direção dos fios do conector. (Desculpe a ortografia. O meu idioma não é o Inglês. )
Edited by RobertoB - 6/4/15 at 9:36pm
Hey I know this thread is old, but have an answer for the OP question. My E12 took a swim in a pool of energy drink that was punctured in my bag (oops).
Simple answer, the bass switch is just a small aluminum 'numb.' Pull it out.
I just grabbed a pair of pliers and pulled it out (after some twisting, rocking, since I wasnt sure how it was secured, but don't think this is important). Take the two back screws off, and then the 'guts' slide FORWARD, towards the headphone jacks at the front (so 'case' slides backwards). Like the graphics from Fiio show:
Post #8 stated how to do it. Just had to use google translate.
But yea, I opened up my E12A the same way. Swapped out the Muses opamp for something different after soldering in a dip socket.
- How to open a fiio E12?
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 15 seconds ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 24 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 36 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear