Anyone got the trick to opening up the fiio E12? I am trying to replace the battery. I've removed the two screws and back cover and assume the board slides out through the front but the bass boost switch is preventing this because it protrudes through the housing. Any trick to this or does the switch have to be broken off?
- productFiiO E12 Mont Blanctagged by nightmancometh, 6/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Hiya Last post on 9/3/16 at 5:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN EF2A vs Fiio E12? Last post on 3/3/16 at 8:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser 429s no highs when plugged into DAC Last post on 2/11/15 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E12 v1 vs Cayin C5 brief comparison Last post on 2/19/16 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New full-sized headphone to get the best out of my Fiio X1 ( and Fiio E12 ) Last post on 2/24/15 at 8:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
How to open a fiio E12?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had this problem a while back, I have a bit of noise on the volume pot and it would be nice to squirt some faderlube or similar in there to calm it down. I might have to settle for spraying from without.
Thanks - It's nice to have confirmation of this, I've found the same but assumed there'd be another way. Looks like twiddling is the way forward!
Still, it seems odd that the knob stops the thing being taken apart - but I imagine all this is in the E12 thread so I'll check in over there.
Para ajudar aqueles que ainda não encontrou a resposta: Para remover o interior do FiiO E12, depois de retirar os parafusos, você deve remover o botão "bass booster" puxar para fora com uma agulha nariz alicate. Após um clique ele soltou. Após substituir a bateria, você pode colocar de volta. Outra dica: o conector da bateria deve ser removida puxando-o para cima (na sua direção), e não na direção dos fios do conector. (Desculpe a ortografia. O meu idioma não é o Inglês. )
Edited by RobertoB - 6/4/15 at 9:36pm
Hey I know this thread is old, but have an answer for the OP question. My E12 took a swim in a pool of energy drink that was punctured in my bag (oops).
Simple answer, the bass switch is just a small aluminum 'numb.' Pull it out.
I just grabbed a pair of pliers and pulled it out (after some twisting, rocking, since I wasnt sure how it was secured, but don't think this is important). Take the two back screws off, and then the 'guts' slide FORWARD, towards the headphone jacks at the front (so 'case' slides backwards). Like the graphics from Fiio show:
Post #8 stated how to do it. Just had to use google translate.
But yea, I opened up my E12A the same way. Swapped out the Muses opamp for something different after soldering in a dip socket.
- How to open a fiio E12?
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 38 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › How have your headphones broken? 4 minutes ago
- › Connecting Schiit Magni 2 to Focusrite Scarlett 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 6 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear