Just want to start a thread for the new Lyr 2. Interested in impressions.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by nightmancometh, 6/11/14
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/14
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/11/14
- productGrado RS 2itagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/14
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 6/11/14
- productSchiit Audio Valhalla 2tagged by VALIENTE, 11/5/14
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/14
Related Forum Threads
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out. Last post on 2/25/14 at 2:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- IC: Grado Rs2 *with Buttons* and Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm***Trade for Hifiman HE500 or Denon... Last post on 11/8/12 at 5:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- If you had $500... Would you get the RS-2? Last post on 9/17/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm interesting in hearing what people have to say about this as well, particularly with low ohm cans. I'm currently using my Lyr with RS2, D2000, and Q701. Not the best pairing, but I've also got an HE500 on the horizon. Also usinng mine as a pre-amp but I really don't like that headphones don't mute the pre-outs. The Lyr 2 seems to take care of basically every issue I have... but I am on the fence on if it will be worth it for the ~$200 or so it will probably cost between what the Lyr 2 fetches and what I can hopefully sell my Lyr for.
My Lyr 1 was delivered literally 2 weeks ago. I'm a bit gutted about the timing!
That said, the Lyr 1 is still incredible - so I'm not planning on upgrading.
Main changes seem to be a gain switch and some reworking of the power systems for lower noise floor.
I ordered a Lyr 1 about a week ago from Amazon, not knowing that the Lyr 2 was just about to come out. Luckily, I got one of their Warehouse Deal ones, which was like open box but still functional, but it only played out of one ear so I sent it back. I'm going to get a Lyr 2 once the refund goes through, but I kind of wish that the Lyr 1 worked so I could compare.
What headphones do you have? And what amp DAC combo are you using now. Improvements from your old amp and DAC vs the bifrost lyr 2 would be a good start for impressions. :-P
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Lyr was a great amp for the Mad Dogs I used to own. I think you will be happy with your rig. Congratulations!!!
My Lyr 2 just came in. I can't really give it a proper review because it's going to be a few more days before my HE-500s come in but I'm trying it out through my ATH-M50s and i'm using my FiiO e10 as a DAC, and so far it's insane. I have it on the low gain setting at 12 o'clock and it's about to make my ears bleed.
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LNIB Sennheiser HD598 w/ FIIO RC-HD1 Cable 16 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 36 seconds ago
- › REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM 47 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › New York mini meet : Hifiman He-1000 Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Hearing Safety and Ear Health Thread (a diary of a ear health noob) 2 minutes ago
- › hfb - 1.5.15 -- ?.??.?? - ?? 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)