I've been lurking for a few weeks reading everyone's insightful reviews on headphone products but I'm not sure what to get. The ideal situation would be to test headphones out and see which I prefer but I'm in a location outside of London in the U.K where this would be possible.
Here is a list of important details:
- I'm looking to spend ~£100 though I'm looking for best value for money.
- My source currently is my PC (Z77 motherboard) or my phone (HTC One). I'm interested in getting a sansa clip in the near future.
- I listen to alternative rock, post-rock and anything with soft female vocals primarily.
- I work in an office and would want to use them in a relatively quiet area but I also want the benefits an open headphone provides. I think I could get away with semi-open headphones as I don't listen to my music loudly but I'm open to suggestions.
- I think it's worth mentioning that I purchased a bass guitar recently and I'm looking to learn the bass though I don't want the bass to be overpowering when I listen to music and I am in no way a bass head.
I recently purchased a refurb UE6000 but I think they may be defective as the bass seems a bit overpowering and the sound comes across as a bit grainy (also with the batteries they came in the ANC which I don't plan on using wouldn't turn on, even if the batteries were dead I couldn't listen in passive unless I take the batteries out).
I've looked into many headphones but semi-open headphones in general have piqued my interest. I've been thinking of purchasing maybe an open-closed duo of headphones such as the Koss KSC75's and a closed headphone when leakage isn't ideal.
Any comments, suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated!
Being from the U.K I've also looked into the Jaycar pro headphones as I've read that these clones are good value for money.
It is worth mentioning the closest thing I've had to decent headphones are Astro A30s.
Edited by InsaneApe - 6/2/14 at 12:20pm