or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W - Page 77  

post #1141 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwells View Post
 

 

 

I completely agree.  

 

On any other internet forum, this would have played out very differently and that actually makes me proud to be a member of this community.  

 

 

 

I find this funny.

 

If this were the Mac Rumors forum:  

 

10,000 people would have watched the video

10,000 people would have submitted the correct answer

0 people would have admitted seeing the video.  

 

Noble audio really got lucky here.

Nope, if it were MacRumors - 10,000 members would be complaining about scratches and subtle variations on their LCD Displays to each other and would have missed the contest altogether.

post #1142 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


whats that supposed to mean?

it could mean good or bad depending on interpretation

No one should get rewarded for doing something they should have done so in the first place. Period. If the cheapening of morals and character has come to where we applaud someone for not lying, it is really, really sad.

 

In addition - this was a guy who got the answer down to the hundredth digit - on one guess - how many fools could actually believe he guessed? I hope not too many. 

post #1143 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

In addition - this was a guy who got the answer down to the hundredth digit - on one guess - how many fools could actually believe he guessed? I hope not too many. 

 

I would imagine that many people (with the knowledge of the answer) would have disguised their correct answer in-between two wrong responses.  

post #1144 of 1214

All I know is that I saw that test video existed on vimeo, but I couldn't view it. of course I immediately thought that maybe someone could see it and I was correct... all in all, it would be strange to just write off the people who guessed or knew the answer. at the same time, it would be strange to leave it at that. I'd say just do a drawing noble. and give these guys some other gift...

post #1145 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

No one should get rewarded for doing something they should have done so in the first place. Period. If the cheapening of morals and character has come to where we applaud someone for not lying, it is really, really sad.

 

In addition - this was a guy who got the answer down to the hundredth digit - on one guess - how many fools could actually believe he guessed? I hope not too many. 


depends.

i have no qualms in saying i would have definitely not told anyone as i would most likely not be able to afford the noble 6 in first place for a couple of years at least.

u on the other hand,courtesy ur signature have already got quite a few gems right there.

 

so its just a question of where u are at the moment in these matters.

 

and i can positively say that 99 percent of people would have lied,,forget what they say now.

 

on the guessing it to the exact decimal point,yeah that was kind of shady....he should have at least made 3 guesses with some minor change to the figure to make it more realistic.

i won't lie,i thought the guy must be someone associated with noble audio!!

post #1146 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

All I know is that I saw that test video existed on vimeo, but I couldn't view it. of course I immediately thought that maybe someone could see it and I was correct... all in all, it would be strange to just write off the people who guessed or knew the answer. at the same time, it would be strange to leave it at that. I'd say just do a drawing noble. and give these guys some other gift...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwells View Post
 

 

I would imagine that many people (with the knowledge of the answer) would have disguised their correct answer in-between two wrong responses.  


yup thats why others who are pretty close may have tweaked their answers to make it realistic.

 

why the hell would there be a video somewhere on this thing in the first place??

post #1147 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 

 


yup thats why others who are pretty close may have tweaked their answers to make it realistic.

 

why the hell would there be a video somewhere on this thing in the first place??

66.95kg is exactly 147.599 pounds - maybe not tweaked too much

 

Noble could also probably tell how many views the video got since the contest was announced....


Edited by Ivabign - 6/16/14 at 4:45pm
post #1148 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

66.95kg is exactly 147.599 pounds - maybe not tweaked too much

 

Noble could also probably tell how many views the video got since the contest was announced....


yup,its compromised all right.

i was typing from smartphone on the day i wrote my estimates otherwise i may have tried looking for answer in the net too.

 

noble has lot to answer starting from the fact what was the video doing there in the first place

post #1149 of 1214

The Wizard is speaking

 

 

A) This competition/game was created by Noble, and we determine the rules and how they shall be implemented

 

B) Issue of multiple winners

 

    A) There was only one prize to be had, so the thought of a second, third, fourth place and "participation" prizes goes with out saying....  not possible, as there is only one prize to be won

 

    B) That being said, Brannan, being young and generous (far beyond my capabilities) offered a second prize but only in the case of a "TIE." (meaning two guesses being the same, and the winning guess, not  second or third closest guess etc etc.

 

 

The rule was up to three GUESSES chould be submitted. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/guess

 

1guess

verb \ˈges\

: to form an opinion or give an answer about something when you do not know much or anything about it

: to guess (something) correctly : to make a correct conclusion about (someone or something) by chance

: to suppose or think (something)

 

 

 

The submission by Dr13Zhen, does not follow the parameters of the contest, as his submission is not a GUESS, but rather a "fact" formed by somehow watching the video that was password protected.

 

We took precautionary measures trying to protect this information, thus a password was used and it was a "private" video. Despite that, some how some way, DrZhen13 was able to see the video. 

 

We also consulted moderators, insureing the winner was a legitimate head-fi member. Through the help of the moderators, we even discovered an employee of our cable supplier participateing in the competition (he/she was subsequenlty banned and the submission was removed)

 

 

Dr13Zhen has stepped forward and commited a Noble act, by telling us he saw the video in advance, thus rendering his submission invalid.

 

 

Therefore, a new winner shall be selected and a PM will be sent out to the winner.

 

 

Thanks for playing, and we hope to have more competitions in the future.....

 

 

 

 

Wizard

 

 

 

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #1150 of 1214
Part of the video was shown in the first post of this thread, obviously it had to be hosted somewhere. I don't envy the position Noble is in right now.
post #1151 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

 

Dr13Zhen has stepped forward and commited a Noble act,

 

 

 

 

I see what you did there.  

post #1152 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwells View Post
 

 

 

I see what you did there.  


lol.......

post #1153 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwells View Post


I see what you did there.  
Clever
post #1154 of 1214
So now who wins?
post #1155 of 1214
Compromised contest... They should just draw all the entries and pick a random winner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W