or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W - Page 76  

post #1126 of 1214
Well this is ridiculous, I never come close in these contests and I figured the same thing happened again here after the answer was announced. I knew my answer was close though so I figured I'd see how close by converting the kg to pounds and then I'm all wtf?!!! One of my guesses was the right freaking answer! To the tenths place! I wasn't even off by a tenth! What's going on here Noble?
Edited by Wild - 6/16/14 at 3:48pm
post #1127 of 1214
Nice screwed up thing..
post #1128 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

How many people got it right? I mean anyone who saw it would have picked the exact number, right?


the winner has publicly admitted that he saw the video man.

post #1129 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post

Well this is ridiculous, I never come close in these contests and I figured the same thing happened again here after the answer was announced. I knew my answer was close though so I figured I'd see how close by converting the kg to pounds and then I'm all wtf?!!! One of my guesses was the right freaking answer! To the tenths place! I wasn't even off by a tenth! What's going on here Noble?


One more piece of the cake, irs becoming hard to handle !!
post #1130 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr13zehn View Post
 

OK, before this gets out of hand, I want to clarify something.

 

I only put one answer down because I did know the answer. I had seen a video they had made before the contest (on Vimeo I think) that was in a Bing search result when I looked up NOBLE products.

I was not aware that knowing the answer was not OK. I am not affiliated with NOBLE at all and I don't want this to start souring their good intentions with this awesome contest.

If that disqualifies me, so be it. I don't see how I did anything wrong, but I do not want this to cause issues for anyone, especially NOBLE.

 

 

This is INCREDIBLY honest of you dr13zehn.  You deserve some karma points for this. :cheers:

post #1131 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post

Well this is ridiculous, I never come close in these contests and I figured the same thing happened again here after the answer was announced. I knew my answer was close though so I figured I'd see how close by converting the kg to pounds and then I'm all wtf?!!! One of my guesses was the right freaking answer! To the tenths place! I wasn't even off by a tenth! What's going on here Noble?

LOL I didn't expect that. I was thinking that out of so many contestants something like this could happen but that's super freaky, especially down to the decimal place and based on pure luck - freaky stuff and I wouldn't want to be the one deciding on the winner, so I don't envy Jonh and Brannan right now. Good thing I'm so drunk right now or I would be freaking out LOL

post #1132 of 1214
Yes dr13zehn, is a honest chap...
post #1133 of 1214

Noble will never do another contest again lol

post #1134 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

Yes dr13zehn, is a honest chap...


i mean i would never do what he did!!

for that alone he deserves the prize really.........guy took a huge moral ground

post #1135 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


the winner has publicly admitted that he saw the video man.

You aren't paying attention - that's obvious - but someone wondered how many saw the video - only one got it exactly (although two got pretty close via pounds) my point is that if a bunch of people saw it, there would have been a bunch of 66.95kg picks....

post #1136 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

LOL I didn't expect that. I was thinking that out of so many contestants something like this could happen but that's super freaky, especially down to the decimal place and based on pure luck - freaky stuff and I wouldn't want to be the one deciding on the winner, so I don't envy Jonh and Brannan right now. Good thing I'm so drunk right now or I would be freaking out LOL

Its actually really funny considering I'm a stat major (which is probably why I never come close to winning these things) so let's look at this from a probability pov:

Most likely range of answer 20-120 kgs

100 kg range means 1000 possible answers.

3 guesses/ 1000 answers = 1/333

Those odds aren't even that bad actually, and it seems like the issue of multiple winners should have at least been mentioned.

Well what can you do, you finally get lucky and still don't win. Guess that's life though :/
post #1137 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i mean i would never do what he did!!

for that alone he deserves the prize really.........guy took a huge moral ground

 

 

I completely agree.  

 

On any other internet forum, this would have played out very differently and that actually makes me proud to be a member of this community.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post


Those odds aren't even that bad actually, and it seems like the issue of multiple winners should have at least been mentioned.

 

I find this funny.

 

If this were the Mac Rumors forum:  

 

10,000 people would have watched the video

10,000 people would have submitted the correct answer

0 people would have admitted seeing the video.  

 

Noble audio really got lucky here.


Edited by lwells - 6/16/14 at 4:20pm
post #1138 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i mean i would never do what he did!!

for that alone he deserves the prize really.........guy took a huge moral ground

What? Honesty? For that he should be rewarded... Depends on how you were raised, I guess.

post #1139 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post


Its actually really funny considering I'm a stat major (which is probably why I never come close to winning these things) so let's look at this from a probability pov:

Most likely range of answer 20-120 kgs

100 kg range means 1000 possible answers.

3 guesses/ 1000 answers = 1/333

Those odds aren't even that bad actually, and it seems like the issue of multiple winners should have at least been mentioned.

Well what can you do, you finally get lucky and still don't win. Guess that's life though :/

As I said, freaky stuff and coincidence - LOL

Originally my first guess was 113.6 lbs and I would have used 147.7 as my final guess and probably wouldn't be complaining right now but someone before me used it, so I used 113.7 instead, which affected my final guess and changed it from 147.7 to 147.6. Freaky stuff

post #1140 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

What? Honesty? For that he should be rewarded... Depends on how you were raised, I guess.


whats that supposed to mean?

it could mean good or bad depending on interpretation

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W