Circumstances dictate that I listen more and more with headphones. Right now I'm using my Sennheiser HD-360 pro powered by my Schiit Valhalla tube headphone amp. I'm pretty pleased with this combination but the vinyl ear pads like most headphones do get warm.
looking for headphones with following attributes:
1. velour earpads for comfort
2. around ear pads...on ear not comfortable for me
3. decent bass but not obtrusive
4. I listen mostly jazz, classical, and classic rock (we just called it rock when I was young)
5. comfortable for extending listening
I will be powering them with a Schiit Valhalla tube headphone amp.
I'm considering Byerdynamic DT-990 pro 250 ($151 Amazon free shipping)
or Sennheiser HD598 ($212 Amazon free shipping)
Anybody have an opportunity to compare both?
From reading I have done it seems HD598 might fit my genres and personal preferences better.