or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › How much difference does an amp make?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How much difference does an amp make? - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

very true, but some people like Apple enough to enjoy paying for it 

Sorry, but unless you're talking about paying for the UI (which I agree is superior) Apple products just don't measure up to most others in functionality (imho). And yes I own a number of i-devices but still feel like they are (comparatively) overpriced. Your statement, however, does ring very true from a "look I have an iPhone, iPod, iWhatever" point of view. They're simply some kind of status symbol to most people. How else do you explain the fact that the majority of iPhone users leave the ubiquitous ANCIENT default ringtone on their devices?

post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post

Sorry, but unless you're talking about paying for the UI (which I agree is superior) Apple products just don't measure up to most others in functionality (imho). And yes I own a number of i-devices but still feel like they are (comparatively) overpriced. Your statement, however, does ring very true from a "look I have an iPhone, iPod, iWhatever" point of view. They're simply some kind of status symbol to most people. How else do you explain the fact that the majority of iPhone users leave the ubiquitous ANCIENT default ringtone on their devices?
Whoa whoa,let's not start a fanboy war here...
But I agree. A lot of people have an iPod or iPhone just for the sake of being able to say they have one.
Edited by Lazyboy420x - 6/2/14 at 11:44am
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post
 

Sorry, but unless you're talking about paying for the UI (which I agree is superior) Apple products just don't measure up to most others in functionality (imho). And yes I own a number of i-devices but still feel like they are (comparatively) overpriced. Your statement, however, does ring very true from a "look I have an iPhone, iPod, iWhatever" point of view. They're simply some kind of status symbol to most people. How else do you explain the fact that the majority of iPhone users leave the ubiquitous ANCIENT default ringtone on their devices?

Just to start with, I've never paid for ANY apple Device, I got one iPod as a gift... I'm not an Apple Supporter at all, I feel the UI is invasive and the hard where is grossly over priced

 

my opinions aside, the preferance that some have for Apple Devices, for their "simple to use" ui is understandable. Granted it may be a better purchase to simply get an X3, how ever for users who have and enjoy their iPods the line out to Amp is a nice improvement, espically when you start feeding the iPod into more powerful amps and useing said amp to drive more resitant headphones 

post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Just to start with, I've never paid for ANY apple Device, I got one iPod as a gift... I'm not an Apple Supporter at all, I feel the UI is invasive and the hard where is grossly over priced

 

my opinions aside, the preferance that some have for Apple Devices, for their "simple to use" ui is understandable. Granted it may be a better purchase to simply get an X3, how ever for users who have and enjoy their iPods the line out to Amp is a nice improvement, espically when you start feeding the iPod into more powerful amps and useing said amp to drive more resitant headphones 

Totally agree with you in that regard. I run all my iPods through a LOD to an external amp and very much enjoy the sound produced, especially my old 2nd Gen Nano with the Wolfson chip.

post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post

Totally agree with you in that regard. I run all my iPods through a LOD to an external amp and very much enjoy the sound produced, especially my old 2nd Gen Nano with the Wolfson chip.
Agreed!! I much enjoy the Wolfson chip in my old iPod compared the to the Cirrus chips they use now.
post #21 of 25
Soundstage and imaging is MUCH better on the Wolfson IMO
post #22 of 25
I have a question guys, can you use the FiioE07k Andes as an amp AND a DAC with the L9 line out, using an old iphone 3G as my player?
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shove13 View Post

I have a question guys, can you use the FiioE07k Andes as an amp AND a DAC with the L9 line out, using an old iphone 3G as my player?
Yes the L9 will work just fine. More than fine. Definitley the best line out to use with an Apple device.
Edited by Lazyboy420x - 6/26/14 at 1:24pm
post #24 of 25
Is there any LOD's for the apple lightning connecters?
post #25 of 25
Nope. You have to use this adapter.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009A5EIWC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1403927178&sr=8-3
It's the only way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › How much difference does an amp make?