Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How many of you have found your endgame holy grail headphone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many of you have found your endgame holy grail headphone? - Page 3

post #31 of 105

I can't imagine needing anything else. Hell I don't even use my Verza any more, the PH6 are stellar straight out of a MBP. 

post #32 of 105

 The Holy Grail Headphone is just a state of mind.

post #33 of 105

- Sennheiser HD 650;

- ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

 

I don't think I'll ever need anything better in my entire life.

Maybe I'll buy a tube amp in 10 years, but just for fun.

post #34 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

 The Holy Grail Headphone is just a state of mind.

 

Also pretty dang true. What one thinks is perfect today might not be what one is looking for tomorrow. 

 

I just hope my tastes don't change much. 

post #35 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Also pretty dang true. What one thinks is perfect today might not be what one is looking for tomorrow. 

 

I just hope my tastes don't change much. 

Changes of taste in this hobby might considerably change one's bank account status.

post #36 of 105

Can't say I'm ever truly at an "end game" but I've been completely blown away by the performance of the NAD Visio HP50's! (especially given their price).

post #37 of 105

I'm very new to this but for the past few weeks I have experimented with different portable equipment and I have finally set my portable music rig.

 

Sony NWZ-ZX1

Sony PHA-2

On the go: Earphones            Shure SE535LTD

At Home or watching movies: NAD Visio HP50 (Just purchased today)

 

And my conclusion is I like the Shure for its clarity but the bass is abit weak, the NAD visio HP50 is slightly down on clarity but the bass is strong.

Conclusion: I finally nailed the ideal headphones that produces the sound I have been looking for! The NAD Visio HP50.


Edited by delrosa81 - 6/19/14 at 3:00am
post #38 of 105

CDDA > BDP-95 > A1 > PS1000

post #39 of 105

I've found my endgame closed headphones (Pandora Hope VI). I am now on the hunt for my endgame open set. :)

 

I also am looking for endgame in-ear monitors and endgame portables. :) So, 1 out of 4 finished. Damn, this hobby is expensive. I still also need to find my endgame DAC and Amp.

post #40 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachoo5 View Post
 

I've found my endgame closed headphones (Pandora Hope VI). I am now on the hunt for my endgame open set. :)

 

I also am looking for endgame in-ear monitors and endgame portables. :) So, 1 out of 4 finished. Damn, this hobby is expensive. I still also need to find my endgame DAC and Amp.

 

If you like the PH6, the Shure SE846 should be right up your alley. That's my full/IEM combo. 

post #41 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

 The Holy Grail Headphone is just a state of mind.

 

Very true. All it takes to be satisfied is to stop looking for something else. Personally I am wholly satisfied with my SRH 1840 - to the point where I don't need to bother looking for something else or "greater".

post #42 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlowfi View Post
 

 

Very true. All it takes to be satisfied is to stop looking for something else. Personally I am wholly satisfied with my SRH 1840 - to the point where I don't need to bother looking for something else or "greater".

 

I disagree with that. Looking elsewhere might expose dissatisfaction more readily, but one can certainly become dissatisfied without looking elsewhere. After all, why would you be looking in the first place if you didn't think you could do better than what you have?

 

Not looking is a result of satisfaction, not the cause of it. 

post #43 of 105

Modified Fostex TR50P

Schiit Magni / Modi

Fed by mp3 files..

 

I always go for the "high value" equipment. No need to go for summit hi-fi considering my source

post #44 of 105

I've owned over 75 different headphones in the last several years.  I'm on my third pair of SoundMAGIC HP100s, this one with Beyer COP pads.  I've not found its equal, in terms of everything I want a headphone to do.

post #45 of 105

I found it but I don't have it.  HD800 or a Oppo PM-1/2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How many of you have found your endgame holy grail headphone?