or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphones with replaceable parts, particularly the cable and pads - closed back
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones with replaceable parts, particularly the cable and pads - closed back

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Do I need to look beyond the Sennheiser HD25?


 

Are there any others that I should consider?


 

Thanks.

post #2 of 14

For replacable parts, sennheiser really has the rest beat. The HD25 or Amperiors are just about as good as it gets for replacable parts.

(i personally am a huge Amperior fan, but thats just me :cool:)

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll have a serious look at the Amperiors.
post #4 of 14

Amperiors are great for portability, if you want something for use at home i recommend the M-audio Q40. This is based on your requirements of replaceable cable. 

post #5 of 14

the Sound Magic HP 200 is another with a replaceable cable 

post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
The Soundmagic HP200 look comfortable but are they durable?

I'm buying these with plane travel in mind (should have made that clear from the beginning - apologies).
post #7 of 14

you don't need detachable cables if it's as strong as the German Maestro GMP 8.35D which sounds perfect for your needs.

post #8 of 14
Two of the Shures, SRH440 and 840, are particularly durable and have replacement parts (cables and pads).
post #9 of 14

I'd say Shure SRH440's or Amperiors are your best bet.

post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeCarruth View Post

The Soundmagic HP200 look comfortable but are they durable?

I'm buying these with plane travel in mind (should have made that clear from the beginning - apologies).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post
 

you don't need detachable cables if it's as strong as the German Maestro GMP 8.35D which sounds perfect for your needs.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

Two of the Shures, SRH440 and 840, are particularly durable and have replacement parts (cables and pads).

 

 

I actually meant to say the Sound Magic HP 100, it's closed back durable comes with a carrying case and detachable cable

 

but the Shure 840 and German Maestro GMP are all equally good options at around the same price 

post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I actually meant to say the Sound Magic HP 100, it's closed back durable comes with a carrying case and detachable cable

 

but the Shure 840 and German Maestro GMP are all equally good options at around the same price 

 

Do you know where you could find replacement cables for the Sound Magic HP 100? I am getting the HP 200 but I'm assuming it works as well though I'm probably wrong. I would also love links.

post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feilong4 View Post
 

 

Do you know where you could find replacement cables for the Sound Magic HP 100? I am getting the HP 200 but I'm assuming it works as well though I'm probably wrong. I would also love links.

honestly... I'm not sure but any 3.5mm cable with a small jack should work. I think Fiio sells a low profile 3.5mm jack and you may be able to get one custom built 

post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 

Just wanted to say "good call" on the German Maestro GMP 8.35.

 

They are exactly what I needed.

post #14 of 14
Great! Please post some impressions on the review thread whenever you're up for it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphones with replaceable parts, particularly the cable and pads - closed back