I have big head so would the NVX be better for me?
Is the isolation better on the HM5 because it has stronger clamp?
Any knowledge how is the headband of the Jaycar Pro Monitors compared to the two?
The carry case would be only a bonus, ofc its much better looking on the HM5 but its not a deal breaker.
Jaycar Pro Monitor's were dirt cheap... Out of the 3 mentioned here, what would you recommend? HM5, NVX, Jaycar's?
Do they need a headphone amp or can the Sansa Clip + power them properly?
Should i just go for the cheapest option?
- Almost every headphone will suit big heads, but off the records big heads of course can have some trouble with, lets say, the AKG K450. I wouldn't disregard any headphones for this
- I wish I knew! it is my only doubt between them
- I reckon it is the same in all of them, including the jaycar's
- You can get the Brainwavz one here, for just 20 bucks + free worldwide shipping: http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-headphone-case-suitable-for-most-headphone-sizes-removable-internal-pouch-carrying-strap-included
- It depends on the price. for the jaycar's don't forget you have to get (at least me) the 1.3m cable and hard case from mp4nation, so the price goes up a bit. also the NVX have a different design and better earpads, so really it is up to you. Of course, considering they all sound the same (I hope)
- I guess not. if you go here http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads and get the Fischer datasheet, and compare them to any headphones you own, you'll manage to see if you can drive them or not. I have the above mentioned K450, and it seems to me that they sound different if played from my PC or android. Like, really different. and the HM5 require more power than those, so honestly, I don't know. If you get them and see they can benefit from an amp, get the FiiO E6, it is absurdly cheap.
- Nyes again, consider all the factors. also people have reported that cheaper brands offer poor packaging, but nothing arrived damaged. just the pads a bit crushed. see the videos above, the HM5 was fine and the NVX earpads arrived a tad squeezed
Edited by rebelinho - 5/31/14 at 4:04am