or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 - Page 4

post #46 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post

As I said, it is more of my personal preference. The CKR9 focal is just a bit too forward for my taste, but overall nothing wrong with the mids.  CKR9 mids have very good detail.  FX850 vocal, to me is nicer, less forward, but still intimate in the nice way. Also FX850 vocal has more body on the lower mids part, so sounds fuller. Both have nearly perfect timbre.  Detail wise, I think CKR9 has better perceived detail than FX850.  So, it boils down to personal preference, not about which one excels the other.
Thanks!

My apologies for making you repeat it. I still want the fx850, so im finding something that will induce me to purchase them!
Edited by vlenbo - 5/30/14 at 10:32pm
post #47 of 1154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post


Thanks!

My apologies for making you repeat it. I still want the fx850, so im finding something that will induce me to purchase them!

 

:beerchug:

No worry bro... I just wish the FX850 treble to be more transparent and extended... than it is really awesome!

post #48 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post
 

 

:beerchug:

No worry bro... I just wish the FX850 treble to be more transparent and extended... than it is really awesome!

 

 

Try a different cable (like the Fiio cable).

post #49 of 1154
Hmmmmm? I don't think I like the Spiral Dot with the CKR9. I'm feeling a better match with the UE900 tips. The sound seems more cohesive with these tips. Still trying to get a good understanding of this sound signature.
post #50 of 1154
Well I hope these CKR 9 changed significantly at 100 hours burn in, because right now the H3 and FX850 sound more natural, fuller and detailed to my ears. The CKR 9 isn't bad at all, but not Wowing me. I will compare it to its cousin, the im70 next.
post #51 of 1154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Try a different cable (like the Fiio cable).

 

Good idea!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well I hope these CKR 9 changed significantly at 100 hours burn in, because right now the H3 and FX850 sound more natural, fuller and detailed to my ears. The CKR 9 isn't bad at all, but not Wowing me. I will compare it to its cousin, the im70 next.

 

Waiting for your impression after 150 hours burn-in :bigsmile_face:

post #52 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well I hope these CKR 9 changed significantly at 100 hours burn in, because right now the H3 and FX850 sound more natural, fuller and detailed to my ears. The CKR 9 isn't bad at all, but not Wowing me. I will compare it to its cousin, the im70 next.
I hope for your ebjoyment that the ckr9s so face a substantial burn in change.
post #53 of 1154
interesting stuff, man thats a lot of burn in involved... i remember the CKS1000 sounded amazing right out the box, miss them!!! The bass was my favorite part.
post #54 of 1154
ericp10 have you tried the spiral dot FX850 tips with the CKR9?
post #55 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Try a different cable (like the Fiio cable).

which filo headphone cable is the much for the fx850, and for the audio technics phones""  thanks!

post #56 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by kameenadesi View Post

ericp10 have you tried the spiral dot FX850 tips with the CKR9?


Yes, and I prefer the Ue900 tips for these.
post #57 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

which filo headphone cable is the much for the fx850, and for the audio technics phones""  thanks!



http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-RC-SE1-Shure-Replacement-Cable/dp/B00DB41AOW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1401646765&sr=8-4&keywords=fiio+cable
post #58 of 1154

Okay, with 64 hours on the CKR 9 I am FINALLY hearing some significant change and a fuller sound. Let's see where this goes. 

post #59 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Okay, with 64 hours on the CKR 9 I am FINALLY hearing some significant change and a fuller sound. Let's see where this goes. 

Go eric go!

Burn those phones!

Burn them till their confusing sound signature disappears!

Melt those aluminum phones and get that godlike sound signature to appear through its burned damages!

/jk


In all seriousness, hopefully the ckr9s are great for your collection.
Edited by vlenbo - 6/1/14 at 3:40pm
post #60 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post


Go eric go!

Burn those phones!

Burn them till their confusing sound signature disappears!

Melt those aluminum phones and get that godlike sound signature to appear through its burned damages!

/jk


In all seriousness, hopefully the ckr9s are great for your collection.

 

 

 

I hope son vlenbo,.lol At least it's heading in the right direction.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10