Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ostry KC06 vs Zero Audio Tenore?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ostry KC06 vs Zero Audio Tenore?

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 

I've read some brief reviews around this site but nothing that's helped me to make my decision yet... both of these IEMs get incredible reviews for their price points and I'm pretty sure I'd be plenty happy with either of them... but why settle for great when you can have amazing?

 

My preferred sound signature is a clear and natural mids and highs with a little (or a lot...) of tight bass and sub-bass with good slam/impact. I listen to a huge range of music from americana to hip-hop to death metal to classical... basically anything except EDM. I don't like anything with recessed mids, so even if it has a hint of being v-shaped I'm out. 

 

This is a backup/secondary pair, as I have a pair of Westone 2's that I am really in love with (despite their inherent lack of bass, which was mostly fixed by tip-rolling). If there's anything else I should be eyeing in this price range that isn't one of these, let me know that too!

 

Thanks guys!

post #2 of 39
I had the kc06 gold and kc06A and prefer the tenore bar none 😎, its the best investment I had made😃
post #3 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

I had the kc06 gold and kc06A and prefer the tenore bar none 😎, its the best investment I had made😃

 

Could you describe why and what the differences between them are?


Edited by ohcrapgorillas - 5/25/14 at 4:43pm
post #4 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcrapgorillas View Post
 

I've read some brief reviews around this site but nothing that's helped me to make my decision yet... both of these IEMs get incredible reviews for their price points and I'm pretty sure I'd be plenty happy with either of them... but why settle for great when you can have amazing?

 

My preferred sound signature is a clear and natural mids and highs with a little (or a lot...) of tight bass and sub-bass with good slam/impact. I listen to a huge range of music from americana to hip-hop to death metal to classical... basically anything except EDM. I don't like anything with recessed mids, so even if it has a hint of being v-shaped I'm out. 

 

This is a backup/secondary pair, as I have a pair of Westone 2's that I am really in love with (despite their inherent lack of bass, which was mostly fixed by tip-rolling). If there's anything else I should be eyeing in this price range that isn't one of these, let me know that too!

 

Thanks guys!

The tenores have more subbass, the kc06 not so..

The kc06 have more forward high mids and highs which result in a more airy sound and better soundstage illusion

The tenores seems to be less V shaped than the kc06.

 

According to http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/zh-dx200-ct.html

this is the frequency response of the Tenore

post #5 of 39
Thread Starter 

Awesome, thank you! I'll be ordering these next paycheck.

post #6 of 39

If your not in a rush you could wait for the upcoming Vsonics vsd3 (1st of June) and Vsonics vsd5 (July) and see what's the consensus about them.

They should be as competitive ...who knows.


Edited by ForceMajeure - 5/25/14 at 7:56pm
post #7 of 39
Maybe, maybe not... I thought the gr07s were awesome until I put on the tenore and doppios 😨😱😲
post #8 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Maybe, maybe not... I thought the gr07s were awesome until I put on the tenore and doppios 😨😱😲

One thing important before bashing the good old gr07,

 

IMO no matter how long a person had an IEM/Headphone, comparison is only valid if  it's made switching between one and the other and not by memory.

Memory can be very misleading especially in this hobby.

 

Although I am sure the Tenore are great value.

post #9 of 39

The worrying thing about the carbos audio is that they are discontinued and people were recently complaining of their quality control especially the tenores. There was one guy saying he bought 3 tenores and all of them sounded diff which is worrying to me. I'd want to get the perfect one ofcoz. If anyone found a reliable seller that sells good batches then thats ok. Otherwise they are great iem I'm sure, people who ownd both tend to prefer the tenores. I'd like to get a pair but the recent comments put me off. I think its something for you ohcrapgorillas to know just before you buy.


Edited by SyedZ2ez4 - 5/26/14 at 7:45am
post #10 of 39
Thread Starter 

That is good to know. They are discontinued? That's strange considering that they seem (at least from my perspective) like a relatively new entry onto the scene... crazy

post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcrapgorillas View Post
 

That is good to know. They are discontinued? That's strange considering that they seem (at least from my perspective) like a relatively new entry onto the scene... crazy

My judgements are purely from reading the threads. Mochill correct me if I'm wrong.

post #12 of 39
Also On the same price range with those 2,
what iem has better imaging?
Edited by GodBless - 5/26/14 at 1:04pm
post #13 of 39
It's confirmed that the tenores are not discontinued and also there are 2,3 isolated cases with defective pairs.

Sent from my Nokia 820 using Tapatalk
post #14 of 39
Not discontinued so I have nothing to worry about 😅
post #15 of 39

ok so i was wrong with the discontinuation. I thought i read that somewhere.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ostry KC06 vs Zero Audio Tenore?