Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › AMP / DAC for Senshiser 558
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMP / DAC for Senshiser 558

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hello, 
Soon I buy Sennheiser 558. 
And wondered whether to add a sound card / DAC / AMP? 

Use it for gaming, budget $ 120 if it directly at Amazon otherwise the budget will be less because things are expensive where I live. 

 

Thank you!

post #2 of 10

HD558 doesn't really need an amp. Try it out and decide for yourself.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post
 

HD558 doesn't really need an amp. Try it out and decide for yourself.

I got Realtek® ALC892 how would u rank it?

 

the thing is, i`m doing big order from amazon, all of the product does not ship to my country so i send to someone that send them for me.

and i can do it ONCE so if i`m not buying at this purchase i wll buy in my country and that will be 30% higher 

 

BTW - i`m prertty sure about about 558, but there is better headphone in range of 150$ ?

 

Thanks

post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood View Post
 

I got Realtek® ALC892 how would u rank it?

 

the thing is, i`m doing big order from amazon, all of the product does not ship to my country so i send to someone that send them for me.

and i can do it ONCE so if i`m not buying at this purchase i wll buy in my country and that will be 30% higher 

 

BTW - i`m prertty sure about about 558, but there is better headphone in range of 150$ ?

 

Thanks


I like my AKG K612pro, they're just over $150 on US Amazon. They are more likely to need amping than the Sennheisers though, so you're probably better of with the Senns.

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood View Post
 

I got Realtek® ALC892 how would u rank it?

the thing is, i`m doing big order from amazon, all of the product does not ship to my country so i send to someone that send them for me.

and i can do it ONCE so if i`m not buying at this purchase i wll buy in my country and that will be 30% higher 

BTW - i`m prertty sure about about 558, but there is better headphone in range of 150$ ?

 

For the price of $122, the HD558 is a great buy.

You might also consider getting this cable for use with the HD558, makes it a little easier to use the HD558 with a 3.5mm port.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

You could get an Xonar DG (or DGX) sound card, might only be sightly better then your on-board audio, but the card is low priced.

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

For the price of $122, the HD558 is a great buy.

You might also consider getting this cable for use with the HD558, makes it a little easier to use the HD558 with a 3.5mm port.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

You could get an Xonar DG (or DGX) sound card, might only be sightly better then your on-board audio, but the card is low priced.

which from them should i get? what the diffrence?

 

do some "cheap DAC" such as Schii magni Fiio E11 / E07K - will be better solution?

 

thanks

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood View Post
 

which from them should i get? what the diffrence?

 

do some "cheap DAC" such as Schii magni Fiio E11 / E07K - will be better solution?

 

thanks

 

The DG (PCI) & DGX (PCI-E) are really the same card, just plug into different slots.

The E11 is amp only (no DAC chip) and the E07K might offer better audio quality then the DG/DGX, but costs over twice as much.

You could also get the Sound Blaster Z sound card.

post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

The DG (PCI) & DGX (PCI-E) are really the same card, just plug into different slots.

The E11 is amp only (no DAC chip) and the E07K might offer better audio quality then the DG/DGX, but costs over twice as much.

You could also get the Sound Blaster Z sound card.

Thanks

I think i will go with the DGX.

post #9 of 10
The DG/DGX will give you Dolby Headphone that you can use for gaming to create an even better soundstage. So even if you don't find the sound quality to be much better without that turned on, IMO, you would probably find it worthwhile for that feature. smily_headphones1.gif
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › AMP / DAC for Senshiser 558