- 8,324 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/10/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have two pairs of the same earphone....But they sound different? Last post on 1/12/15 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- review brainwavz S0 , ckx9 , C10 & more to come . Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- battle of the iem's vsonic gr07 mk2 bass edition vs zero audio tenore vs ostry kc06 Last post on 11/10/14 at 8:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A Last post on 3/29/15 at 1:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey! Last post on 11/14/14 at 11:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I just got ostries new creation call the kc06A, the cooler looking very as stated by the website 😌. The the sound is more tuned to be natural and organic and more open...an oh boy does it sound oh so delicious 😋.
the most improvements is the bass which the first variant has some very tight speedy bass response and really nice textures to them😊, second improvements is the midrange being slightly a bit more full then the sibling which in turn make this on of the best vocals in an iem so far😋( I love a great midrange 😃), the treble remains the same. Beautiful sparkly fast making the whole sound complete and excellent 😎.
when more people come to realize the you don't honestly need to spend over a $100+ to get top tier sound and I'm so pissed off 😒 because two days earlier I got the dunu dn2k( best midreange) and the ocharaku flat (best treble imho) and the funniest part is the this iem cost me $65 , same a the kc06 gold but the sound is the combination of both the dunu and ocharaku flat in one creating a iem the will blow the audio industry and cause a revolution soon enough. So will its brother the kc06 gold 😁😉...im a really pissed customer,, but a happy person as well that I have discovered a gem that really show where all the money goes to 😋 tuning and build , not some schiitty advertising cough cough *** (beats by schiit😂😒) instead this little company brought us a game changer which will be in the hall of fame soon enough and me as a consumer and an audiophile will definitely support the till the end and will buy whatever the releases in the future 😃😋😍😎.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Hapster - 5/15/14 at 10:18am
You know that Mochill really likes an IEM when he creates a thread for it! Subbed!
Got my KC06A last week and been using them for more than 100 hours already. Without any hesitation, I say yes they are better sounding overall than DN1K. IMHO the only area that DN1K were not beaten by KC06A is in 3D imaging, soundstage and treble quantity. Everything else is taken by KC06A. Although the Dunus are slightly better in clarity but thinner in mids presentation. I prefer the thicker and fuller mids of the Ostrys.
They blew the GR07 BEs out of the water. IMO, they are an upgrade if you're coming from the BEs. They have better bass response, texture, more rumble and can go deeper. BEs mids sound veiled compared to the Ostrys. The BEs have more treble quantity and well extended but prone to sibilance while I can not detect any sibilance to the Ostrys, they also have good treble extension. If KC06 made the BEs sound boring to me, the KC06A made them lifeless in comparison. Of course, YMMV.
Bold words indeed! But, I believe you
Ran through a variety of tracks, frequency sweeps, binaural testing tracks and pink noise.
These are early impressions with an out-of-the-box earphone that I plan to give at least 50 hours of burn-in.
I only listened using a Fiji X3 with firmware 2.14beta. I plan on trying it with a C&C BH on the line out as well as other sources after burn-in. Didn't like the stock tips, so I switched to JVC FX850 tips.
On to the impressions.
Highs: forward, sparkly but lacking extension. Seems to be a peak in the 2-5hz. Micro details are lost.
Mids: Warm and smooth. Not recessed but definitely a step back from the rest of the spectrum. Lacks the dynamics and excitement of the bass and highs. Almost seems blunted. I'm love my midrange and this just doesn't leave me fulfilled.
Bass: Strong with some serious thump and rumble. Extends surprising low with authority: However, it has a midbass hump that kind of overshadows the subbass. A little bleeding into the lower-mids but goes unnoticed on most tracks.
Details and separation: The separation is a step above average, no real complaints there. Details are good except in the upper highs. I wasn't let down, but not really impressed.
Comfort and build: light weight and small. I have small canals despite the large nature of my pinna in general. When trying for a solid,deep insertion with the single flanges, there was some discomfort until I found the right angle.
They look great. Feel plasticy and the cables is annoyingly rubbery and springy. Forgot to check microphonics, but it didn't seem to bother me.
Soundstage: Everything is forward. Height, depth, and and width are all mediocre.
Overall: The sound is very forward and in your face. Would be great for EDM, Rap, and Pop. Not really great for live recordings or female vocals.
The pink noises was very revealing and accurate to my impressions from the tracks. While some things might settle into place, I don't see the soundstage changing at all. After having the JVC FX850 in my ears the past few days straight, there is really no comparison. These are simply outclassed. Not my cup of tea I guess, maybe they will be for others.
There are a lot of fantastic options under $100. These are pretty good for $80. I think they'd be better at $60. Even then, my personal preferences would pick the Havi B3 pro V1 over this.
***These are initial impressions. My opinion of what I hear with my specific setup. YMMV. My opinion may change after some burn-in and more head time, but I doubt it.***
- THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
- › Sony MDR-1000X 49 seconds ago
- › FS or Trade - InEar Prophile-8 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Echobox Explorer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › Everything clicks/pops/crackles. Am I going insane? 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear