- 7 Posts. Joined 5/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 2/25/15 at 9:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it bad to jump straight into expensive customs? Last post on 6/27/14 at 12:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
SE846 vs Roxanne universal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
While waiting for the K-10, I now listen to the SE846 after I got it back. Listiening to it everyday made me tired of the sound signature and did not appreciate it as much as when I first got it. I guess it happens with every new toy. The feeling of lost and found made me treasure it more and I actually played with different eartips and filters this weekend. If you are feeling what I was feeling, I suggest you put it down for a few days, go back to the Apple or Samsung earbuds (or worse, Beats), then pick up the SE846 again. Sometimes it gets underwhelming because it sounds so natural.
Hmm, still interested of your impressions of your K10 when it arrives compared to your SE846. Maybe SE846 is just not to your taste afterall, not just the new toy syndrome
Edited by fnkcow - 5/18/14 at 7:49am
I was able to lend a pair of 846s from a friend for 2 weeks and were impressed by it as I was using the red 535s for quite a while. Love that bass and that sub woofer effect that no other BA can mimick. Lately, I decide to upgrade my IEMs and settled on a pair of UF Roxannes after trying it out. I've been rocking the UF Roxanne for close to 200 hrs now and I got to say it just blows the 846 away. There's absolutely no contest whatsoever in terms of sound quality. I can dial the bass half way on the Roxannes and the mids and trebles still sound the same. This is something that the 846 can't achieve. I can't wait for a direct comparison of the K10s as they're suppose to be very good too. Update us please when you get to your 100th hour with them!
I have both the 846 and the K10. My comparison between the two can be found here:
If you're wondering, the K10 is better in my opinion, but the 846 is still quite a nice headphone.
I mentioned this in the SE846 Impressions Thread, but this is copy pasted when similar questions were asked on that thread:
Regarding SE846 vs. K10:
They are both great IEMs, if you are looking for an overall customizable sound signature with exemplary bass, I would choose the SE846.
If you like great detail, with a wide soundstage, but don't mind the bass being pretty light compared to the SE846 (the Noble 5Cs had more bass than the K10) I would choose the K10.
When head-fi member, Loquah repsponded with this:
"It's interesting how varied the reports on the K10s seem to be. All of the reviews and discussions say good things, but some talk about great bass while others (like yours) suggest a leaner sound (relatively speaking). Did you own a custom pair, moe, or were you trying a universal version?", I responded with:
"Yes, it is interesting. I demoed the universal version from Noble Audio's booth. I inserted the K10s (and every other universal pair I have ever tried) as far deep into my ears as I could to have the most optimal seal and isolation. I would say that the K10s were so bass light (to me) that I told Brannan that if the K10 had the SE846's bass, it would be perfect! The K10, in my opinion, had the 'weakest' bass response across the entire spectrum out of the IEMs that I tried at the LA Head-Fi meet, except for the UERM, which is very flat in its overall sound signature. You would probably get slightly better bass response if you own the CIEM version of the K10. I know that moving from the sizes-fit-all tips to the SCS for my SE846 elevated the auditory experience and aided in representing deeper/more visceral bass that is now more felt."
Regarding SE846 vs. Roxanne:
The Roxannes were okay, but when you turned up the bass +10db, the bass sounded overly bloated compared to the SE846. In my opinion after doing direct A/Bing between the JH13 Pro, JH16 Pro, Roxanne (and SE846) the JH13 Pro was the all-around performer, with the JH16 Pro having a little better bass with a slight hit in the mids and highs (compared to the JH13 Pro).
Regarding K10 vs. Roxanne:
These are two completely (in my opinion) different animals. I feel the K10 has a more linear, truer sound signature than the Roxanne. However, the Roxanne can be tuned regarding bass response, and has more bass presence as a result compared to the K10. If you like bass and you must pick one of the two...try them both out. But you may find another model is an overall better performer for your ears. For example, if I had to choose a JH CIEM, based on what I have demoed, it would be......the UE18 Pro.
At this price point, however, I would just try to demo as many IEMs/universal version CIEMs to find out what type of sound signature you most prefer. If you do get to demo the SE846, make sure to swap out the different color filters if you can, because the frequencies in the 1kHz - 8kHz range are increased/decreased +/- 2.5db.
Edited by moedawg140 - 8/28/14 at 12:33pm
Possibly. I did mention the custom K10 may have a better bass response. I also shoved the K10s as far into my ear canals as I could for the best seal and isolation. My opinion still stands that the K10s have less bass than the Roxannes (tuned with the little screwdriver) and SE846 for sure, no doubt about that at all. I did a direct A/B with the 5C, 8C, and K10...the K10s had the least bass of the three. Same company, same size tips, same method of insertion of the Noble universal version IEMs.
Edited by moedawg140 - 8/28/14 at 12:53pm
- SE846 vs Roxanne universal
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › A Comparison of different Virtual Surround Sound on the same Audio... 10 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 11 minutes ago
- › Cracks and Pops in the Lyr 12 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 17 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 17 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 18 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2