Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun7er View Post
 

 

Okay. It is also the darker and warmer ?

 

Yes, 2A3mk2 is thicker / warmer sounding than other current EC amps.

post #17 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post
 

 

Yes, 2A3mk2 is thicker / warmer sounding than other current EC amps.

 

Okay thank you. The MK4 will be the second ?

 

To return to the 445 it seems that it opened up headphone like Abyss, LCD or HE6-560. It is like the Stax SR007 that need plenty of clean power.


Edited by Hun7er - 5/18/14 at 9:49am
post #18 of 194

Any new reviews or opinions about the 4-45 ?

post #19 of 194

I have bad news from Craig. The 4 45 doesn't fit on a BA chassis. He will try on a MKIV chassis style. 

post #20 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun7er View Post
 

I have bad news from Craig. The 4 45 doesn't fit on a BA chassis. He will try on a MKIV chassis style. 

 this is indeed a very disapointing news.

 

I was really waiting for something like this:

 

post #21 of 194

I just received this picture from Judi. I think it looks great.

post #22 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormT View Post



I just received this picture from Judi. I think it looks great.

Looks like my 2a3 MKIV
post #23 of 194
Just put my order and deposit, can't wait
post #24 of 194
Thread Starter 

+ 1

 

Does the 445 have an outboard power supply like the ECBA?  Judging by those transformers, I'm guessing not. 


Edited by Rico613 - 6/17/14 at 10:29pm
post #25 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post
 

+ 1

 

Does the 445 have an outboard power supply like the ECBA?  Judging by those transformers, I'm guessing not. 

 

I would guess separate box for power supply.  No way decent PS fits in EC 2A3 chassis

post #26 of 194

:popcorn:

post #27 of 194

should have separate outboard power supply like ECBA, the first run 445's all have separate power supply. And the second run 445 will use 5842 as driver tubes. 

post #28 of 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post

 

Does the 445 have an outboard power supply like the ECBA?  Judging by those transformers, I'm guessing not. 

Those are output transformers not PSU transformer.


Edited by SleepyOne - 6/18/14 at 1:26am
post #29 of 194
AHHH...i prefer the look of the BA to this new 4-45 case :-((
Question becomes : is the SQ of the 4-45 really better than the BA to compensate for it's "less élégant" (IMO) look ? (I do not really mind the Speaker output option).

Thanks for your advices.
post #30 of 194
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashem View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post
 

+ 1

 

Does the 445 have an outboard power supply like the ECBA?  Judging by those transformers, I'm guessing not. 

 

I would guess separate box for power supply.  No way decent PS fits in EC 2A3 chassis

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengka7 View Post
 

should have separate outboard power supply like ECBA, the first run 445's all have separate power supply. And the second run 445 will use 5842 as driver tubes. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne View Post
 

Those are output transformers not PSU transformer.

 

Thanks all  . . .

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread