New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser hd600,650? - Page 2

post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnunakiiCruz View Post

Which are better overall? Because on amazon I keep seeing the 650 go down in price constantly. As of now it is $409 and the 600 is $399. That's only $10 difference. Are the 650's a different headphone entirely or are they an upgrade from the 600's?

Each sounds somewhat different and it's a matter of preference. I prefer the clean neutrality of HD600; my uncle bought an HD650 because he prefers a richer sound.
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
Any more recommendations on an amp that can maybe drive these? I won't be using it with a desktop atm so it'd have to work with a portable device. It doesn't have to have it's own battery I don't mind plugging it in to a wall
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

Each sounds somewhat different and it's a matter of preference. I prefer the clean neutrality of HD600; my uncle bought an HD650 because he prefers a richer sound.

I will probably end up going with the 650's then smily_headphones1.gif
post #19 of 29
650 have more bass run great on almost any amp
post #20 of 29
Go with the 650 and a Schiit Valhalla OTL Tube amp, the comb is absolute magic! Plus Schiit's customer service, quality, and everything is made in America. I listen to all genres of music and love the HD650's!
post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

Go with the 650 and a Schiit Valhalla OTL Tube amp, the comb is absolute magic! Plus Schiit's customer service, quality, and everything is made in America. I listen to all genres of music and love the HD650's!

Could I plug a portable device directly into the amp?
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnunakiiCruz View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

Go with the 650 and a Schiit Valhalla OTL Tube amp, the comb is absolute magic! Plus Schiit's customer service, quality, and everything is made in America. I listen to all genres of music and love the HD650's!

Could I plug a portable device directly into the amp?


In theory--yes.  However, you have to match the output type of the device with input options of the amp.  Sometimes this is a problem.

post #23 of 29
I personaly pluged the hd600 & 650 to my Fiio e11 to a smartphone hd600 was terrble hd650 was good but way from WoW
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weissshay View Post

I personaly pluged the hd600 & 650 to my Fiio e11 to a smartphone hd600 was terrble hd650 was good but way from WoW

I was thinking of this at first. I was going to get the 650 and plug it into an e12. Obviously I wouldn't be getting it's full potential but I'd get a better amp a few months later. Would you say its worth pairing the 2 together?
post #25 of 29
Thread Starter 
Is the bravo audio ocean any good?
post #26 of 29
I dunno Bravo's amp's but if you are going to use the e11 so the sound that you will get is between ok-good the hd650 needs a very very good amp save money and get something much better the e11 can handle up to 150om
post #27 of 29
Thread Starter 
What of the fiio e12? It can support up to 350 ohms I believe.
post #28 of 29
Yes I had heard that the e12 can handle high ohm's but didnt have the honor to hear it
The Shure's flag ship headphones the srh1840 for my opinon are a step up from the 600 - 650 they are somewhere between them and the 'colored sounding headphones' the hd800 the only problem that i had with the srh was again their bass, was flat like the hd's if shure would had handle the bass more it would have been for my point of view/hearing The Best open headphone on the planet
try to find and hear them before you go for the hd650
post #29 of 29
My E09K did work well with the HD650's, but nothing magic. The Valhalla has much more presence in the treble, sparkle, shimmer, natural sound. Bass is similar, still listening here, soundstage (the headphone version), instrument separation, soundspace are significantly better on the Valhalla. These are early impressions, I will update as I gain more experience, burn in on the Valhalla and when my Modi arrives (spent more on the amp, plan on upgrading to the Bitfrost Uber in the future).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home