Currently I'm using Roccat Kave - amazing headset due to the multiple speakers - it's very immersive when watching movies or playing games, and I like how it encloses my ears so that I'm sort of isolated from the outside noises when listening to music (and doing the things above).
However it's broken and is held together by tape, so I'm looking to buy something new. I thought why not wireless? I like walking around while talking to people on Skype, articulating and all, and there isn't going to be that annoying wire that'll keep me from moving freely.
I have a few concerns though: while I'm low on budget (maybe up to $150-175?), I like high quality (and I'm sensitive to it - able to see the difference without trying), which Roccat Kave was able to provide me with compared to all the other headphones I had before that. Wireless however, may be limited in quality due to it being wireless, not to mention that it may have latency when playing competitive games (battlefield, red orchestra, counter strike), although I'm not sure if those things are true.
So here are some bullet points:
- I'm gonna listen to music, play games (including competitive where reaction is very important) and watch movies
- Currently I've a 5.1 headset with multiple speakers on each side (Roccat Kave) and I love how immersive it is - that being said, I want something that'd provide me with at least somewhat similar experience
- I need a microphone - I often use Skype
- Despite my budget being low, I like and notice high quality - Roccat Kave was able to provide me with that so far.
- I hate headphones that don't cover my ears - I want it to cover my ears and "isolate" me from the environment (like Roccat Kave)
- Wireless is a nice extra, but if it's impossible - I'd settle for wired
Note: My prices would be around the same as those at amazon.co.uk, I'm not from the US.