Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 - Page 2

post #16 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

It cost the same az a ZX1, does it sound the same ? I don't like AK120 sound but i like its storage capacity, we can put two 128 GB microSD and have 64 onboard, this is the only reason why i have kept it. I am not sure what is the logical thing, sale ak120 or try to fix it with this new product?
From the description from Anak, it sounds different from the ZX1. And probably better (should be). If you sell the AK120, there is no other player with its memory at a lower price. Unless you get the FiiO X5.
post #17 of 113

I didn't compare side-by-side but something in my gut (which means take this with a large grain of salt) that the trebles on the Glove is somewhat more refined than the ZX1.

Note, if you had the Titan, you're talking about 128GBx3...that's AK240 capacity!

post #18 of 113
Thread Starter 

Hmmm, I was just about to get Vinnie at Red Wine audio to mod my AK120 to the balanced mod. This has thrown a veritable spanner in the works if it does sound really good.

 

Sean, have you heard one of Vinnie's mods that replace the dac chips in the 120?

 

Decisions, decisions....

post #19 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 (which is screwed on BTW - which means once you have your AK in it -stays...it's not a jacket).

 

 

 

I don't suppose you know Sean, but are you saying they will need to mod this for us? Or is it something that can be done by the end user?

post #20 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post
 

Hmmm, I was just about to get Vinnie at Red Wine audio to mod my AK120 to the balanced mod. This has thrown a veritable spanner in the works if it does sound really good.

 

Sean, have you heard one of Vinnie's mods that replace the dac chips in the 120?

 

Decisions, decisions....

 

I don't suppose you know Sean, but are you saying they will need to mod this for us? Or is it something that can be done by the end user?

 

 

RWAK120 vs this? I wouldn't even dare consider giving my thoughts as my experience with the RWAK120 was so long a go. Not to mention that the amp of choice would be of some influence, no?
 
The Glove Audio A1 isn't a mod, it's an attachment - just a well integrated attachment.
post #21 of 113

Vinnie has a new one called the RWAK120-S, he basically replaced the stock DAC with 8471 chip. 

post #22 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

I didn't compare side-by-side but something in my gut (which means take this with a large grain of salt) that the trebles on the Glove is somewhat more refined than the ZX1.

Note, if you had the Titan, you're talking about 128GBx3...that's AK240 capacity!

You mean like what I just did with my Titans today? Hehe. 

 

post #23 of 113

 

 

 

 

 

post #24 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Vinnie has a new one called the RWAK120-S, he basically replaced the stock DAC with 8471 chip. 

Yep, that's the one I'm talking about. Or at least the balanced version, the RWAK120-b
post #25 of 113

The digital input would only work with AK120? Y70,000->Y74,000 for a DAC/AMP that works only with AK120 is a little bit too much... when AK is already planning to revamp their AK100/120

post #26 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Thanks Sean. It's the ALO rxmk3 id be pairing it with, if I went down that route.

This is an interesting proposition for sure.

I guess it's going to partly come down to DAC preference here. The RWA mod sticks with the Wolfsons whereas the Glove is utilising 1 or 2 Sabres.

Size wise it seems similar to strapping a small amp on. Maybe a little larger than some.

Price is going to be similar as well. Especially if you already have a portable amp

I guess we're going to have to wait for a few more reviews to come in biggrin.gif
post #27 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

The digital input would only work with AK120? Y70,000->Y74,000 for a DAC/AMP that works only with AK120 is a little bit too much... when AK is already planning to revamp their AK100/120

Not that silly, AK100 needs some sort of plug in adapter, with the new AK model the old one likely going to have some drop in prices and I am sure people are going to be willing to give them a go if it is going it to perform on levels higher than the new model line up.

post #28 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post
 

Not that silly, AK100 needs some sort of plug in adapter, with the new AK model the old one likely going to have some drop in prices and I am sure people are going to be willing to give them a go if it is going it to perform on levels higher than the new model line up.

 

Also the pricing is probably RRP so street price may end up being quite different.

 

Edit: I stand corrected. It seems the pricing is between Y60,000 -> Y70,000 as originally stated by CraftyClown :-

 

http://vaiopocket.seesaa.net/article/396481858.html

post #29 of 113

An interesting development for those of us who have an AK100 and would like a more robust, integrated solution for balanced listening.  Looking forward to hearing more, including when we can expect it to come to market in the US.

post #30 of 113

patiently waiting for more info on this..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120