So I'm thinking of buying the M100's and I've been reading a lot of reviews and from what I gather the M100's produce a lot of bass. Sure I listen to a lot of EDM and I'm sure the M100's would be great, but how do other genres like rock, indie, country, etc. sound?
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/23/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 6/23/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sounding and comfortable bluetooth headphones. Last post on 12/22/14 at 7:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- NAD Viso HP50 versus V-MODA M100. Last post on 11/20/14 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Replacements for NAD Viso HP50 with stronger bass? Last post on 10/12/14 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I have $300 for a new pair of headphones with style and bass Last post on 6/26/14 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NAD VISO HP50 vs. V-MODA M100 Last post on 9/9/14 at 8:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
V-Moda M100's too bassy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Eh, they're bassy but I wouldn't say they're TOO bassy. This is coming from a mild basshead, however. What you won't like about them is their recessed mids that the bass does lay right on top of. For the genres you are going to use them for, I'd pass and go with something else. Are you wanting something that is portable, and strictly closed? If so, the Sennheiser Momentum would do those things well. I currently have both of those pairs of headphones in front of me and am demoing them.
The M-100 works well with EDM or something related to that genre. Though when it comes to other brighter or less bass intensive genre, I find myself grabbing some other headphones.
- V-Moda M100's too bassy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 21 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack + Speedball + Mods 2 minutes ago
- › Any other headphones with HD 600 sized earcups? 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2