So I'm thinking of buying the M100's and I've been reading a lot of reviews and from what I gather the M100's produce a lot of bass. Sure I listen to a lot of EDM and I'm sure the M100's would be great, but how do other genres like rock, indie, country, etc. sound?
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/23/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 6/23/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sounding and comfortable bluetooth headphones. Last post on 12/18/14 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NAD Viso HP50 versus V-MODA M100. Last post on 11/20/14 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Replacements for NAD Viso HP50 with stronger bass? Last post on 10/12/14 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I have $300 for a new pair of headphones with style and bass Last post on 6/26/14 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NAD VISO HP50 vs. V-MODA M100 Last post on 9/9/14 at 8:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
V-Moda M100's too bassy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 55/12/14 at 1:43am
Eh, they're bassy but I wouldn't say they're TOO bassy. This is coming from a mild basshead, however. What you won't like about them is their recessed mids that the bass does lay right on top of. For the genres you are going to use them for, I'd pass and go with something else. Are you wanting something that is portable, and strictly closed? If so, the Sennheiser Momentum would do those things well. I currently have both of those pairs of headphones in front of me and am demoing them.post #3 of 55/12/14 at 11:18ampost #4 of 55/12/14 at 11:19ampost #5 of 55/12/14 at 6:37pmTo me, the M-100 are at my maximum bass tolerance level. That said, I'm not a bass head, but I think they're bass monsters.
The M-100 works well with EDM or something related to that genre. Though when it comes to other brighter or less bass intensive genre, I find myself grabbing some other headphones.
- V-Moda M100's too bassy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Which ieMs are the most durable and won't go out in one ear? 1 second ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)