So I'm thinking of buying the M100's and I've been reading a lot of reviews and from what I gather the M100's produce a lot of bass. Sure I listen to a lot of EDM and I'm sure the M100's would be great, but how do other genres like rock, indie, country, etc. sound?
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/23/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 6/23/14
Related Forum Threads
- I have $300 for a new pair of headphones with style and bass Last post on 6/26/14 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NAD VISO HP50 vs. V-MODA M100 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- NAD Viso HP50 or Vmoda m100? Last post on 7/31/14 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under $350 give or take some. Last post on 6/27/14 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations Last post on Today at 4:02 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
V-Moda M100's too bassy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Eh, they're bassy but I wouldn't say they're TOO bassy. This is coming from a mild basshead, however. What you won't like about them is their recessed mids that the bass does lay right on top of. For the genres you are going to use them for, I'd pass and go with something else. Are you wanting something that is portable, and strictly closed? If so, the Sennheiser Momentum would do those things well. I currently have both of those pairs of headphones in front of me and am demoing them.
The M-100 works well with EDM or something related to that genre. Though when it comes to other brighter or less bass intensive genre, I find myself grabbing some other headphones.
- V-Moda M100's too bassy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Member Introductions thread 32 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 51 seconds ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 in _perfect_ condition - only 3 months old! 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)