Since receiving my Wa7 there has been issues regarding drop outs and crackles for about 4 seconds every 30 minutes or so. The issue appears to cause the sound to lag in regards to any video content that I am using. I am using Windows 8 and have updated the drivers supplied by Woo. It's slightly startling as from looking all over the internet I cannot find a single person having the same or a remotely similar issue. This isn't remote to a single media player, it is across all computer audio. Checking with the DPC latency checker it is definitely an issue with latency and not one with the amplifier itself. Anyone had a similar issue in regards to conflicting drivers or problems with the DAC? Any help would be much appreciated.
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by nightmancometh, 6/23/14
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 7/27/15 at 11:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Wa7 amp dropout issue
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If you are using a USB port as the output from the PC try all of the ports available to see if one gives you better results. To me it sounds like a USB 3.0 issue. Switching USB ports should hopefully fix the issue.
If that does not work try a different USB cable. It may sound silly, but many users have reported that using different USB cables have fixed this issue. It does not have to be expensive, just try a few different types.
Finally, it could be the USB driver itself specially if it is an ASUS driver.
One person with similar issues found this result:
"I deleted the ASMedia USB3 driver, then I Uninstalled all USB3 and USB ports from Hardware Manager. Then I rebooted and let Windows 8.1 auto-configure them. The Modi works fine in the blue USB3 port with Windows drivers. All my other USB things are plugged in the USB 2.0."
- Wa7 amp dropout issue
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › BEST TIPS FOR IEMS ARE??? 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › $399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › What is resolution and how is it measured? 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Gustard X12 USB 240V Europe (PP and shipping included) 9 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3