Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5 - Page 4

post #46 of 71

Sounds like a good start.  You should also push all the playing music into a "Playing Now" play list so that while music is playing, it is possible to add songs and thereby create dynamic playlists on the fly.

 

For adding music to a playlist (either playing now or a saved playlist) it should be able to add music to the target playlist array using"

 

1. Add all music by an artist

2. Add all music by an ablum

3. Add all music by folder

4. Add all music by genre

5. Add a single song

6. Add all favorites

 

 

From a UI perspective, holding a designated key down (like play) for longer than 2 sec would pop up the "send to playlist" options that would allow you first to send to playing now, and secondly to send to a named playlist or create new playlist.  

 

It should also be able to browse to "playlists"  and send one playlist's songs to another playlist, allowing you to save "playing now" or merge one playlist into another.

post #47 of 71

What is this obsetion  with playlists?  All I wish to do is spin that dial, verbally hear the album I'm on and press play.  I have all my songs loaded on the thing, so why fuss about PLAYLISTS?  There are a lot bigger hurdles to overcome than whether my songs need yet another way of catagorizing.  

You guys at fiio could be the first company in the world to give a damn more about accessability in the HiFi realm.  Try using JRIVER with a screen reader.  It's ironic that Foobar for free is accessable and Jim ag Jriver wouldn't give consideration for his overcharging program. .

post #48 of 71

Just posted this in the 2.03b thread:
 

Quote:

 

I have tried multiple approaches now including the linux style separators. I consistently receive the "File not Found" error so there is definitely something going wrong with the paths in the playlist I think.

 

The best option I can create via MediaMonkey is a path that looks like this:

 

..\FOLDER NAME\SUB-FOLDER NAME\song name.xxx

 

I'm guessing that the X5 is not reading the ".." prefix as a root directory reference and is looking for some kind of tag identifying the card (e.g. TF1\FOLDER NAME... etc.)

 

If that's the case, I don't think there's a media management program that will successfully create working playlists for the X5 so this needs to be fixed if external playlists are to work I think. I really hope this can be achieved!

 

As always though, thanks for all your efforts, Fiio team!!

 

Here is an example of the text from an externally generated playlist in MediaMonkey:

 

../Music/Rodriguez/Cold Fact/- 11 - Rich Folks Hoax.flac
../Music/Rodriguez/Cold Fact/- 12 - Jane S. Piddy.flac
../Music/Rodriguez/Coming From Reality/1 - 01 - Climb Up On My Music.flac
../Music/Rodriguez/Coming From Reality/1 - 02 - A Most Disgusting Song.flac

 

This was created using the "absolute file path" option because the other approach creates a playlist using the assigned drive letter (i.e. H:) in place of the ".."

post #49 of 71
What does it take for Rockbox to support a new platform such as the x5, I wonder...
post #50 of 71
I think Fiio has to agree to give aid to Rockbox in order to have Rockbox support. To my understanding Fiio does not want to to that, which I can understand.
post #51 of 71
There is a lot in JRiver, but not all of what is there is equally valuable to all users.

It has great media playback features, and one can avoid learning the in and outs of various HTPC tweaks when using JRiver One can also output DSD from the HTPC to the receiver. It appears to the tweaker who does not want to actually tweak their system but leave matters up to a program.
post #52 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UELong View Post

What is this obsetion  with playlists?  All I wish to do is spin that dial, verbally hear the album I'm on and press play.  I have all my songs loaded on the thing, so why fuss about PLAYLISTS?  There are a lot bigger hurdles to overcome than whether my songs need yet another way of catagorizing.  
You guys at fiio could be the first company in the world to give a damn more about accessability in the HiFi realm.  Try using JRIVER with a screen reader.  It's ironic that Foobar for free is accessable and Jim ag Jriver wouldn't give consideration for his overcharging program. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post

There is a lot in JRiver, but not all of what is there is equally valuable to all users.

It has great media playback features, and one can avoid learning the in and outs of various HTPC tweaks when using JRiver One can also output DSD from the HTPC to the receiver. It appears to the tweaker who does not want to actually tweak their system but leave matters up to a program.

I think UELong meant to put JRiver in a negative light in that it's not accessible with a screen reader... redface.gif
post #53 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyLaurenson View Post

What does it take for Rockbox to support a new platform such as the x5, I wonder...


I've asked meself the same question.  I read that RB has some audible cues available.  Sorry to harp ad nausium about a speaking player, but it sounds like it could be done.  There's a lot of us annoying blind guys that might enjoy higher quality lik I.

Kevin

post #54 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by UELong View Post
 


I've asked meself the same question.  I read that RB has some audible cues available.  Sorry to harp ad nausium about a speaking player, but it sounds like it could be done.  There's a lot of us annoying blind guys that might enjoy higher quality lik I.

Kevin


Let me also apologize for my rudeness on this topic.  I don't like self-pitty in anyone especially myself.

post #55 of 71

So, if m3u support works well on the X5 can we hope to see it release for the X3 soon? :D

post #56 of 71

Zune HD and iPods have amazing playlist functionality, don't hate.

 

The main thing I would absolutely kill for with this music player is to allow us to create playlists on the computer, and just sync the m3u file and be able to click play on a playlist. That'd be a dream come true! :)

post #57 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikkNazty View Post
 

Zune HD and iPods have amazing playlist functionality, don't hate.

 

The main thing I would absolutely kill for with this music player is to allow us to create playlists on the computer, and just sync the m3u file and be able to click play on a playlist. That'd be a dream come true! :)

 

You can already.

post #58 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

 

You can already.

With a lot of hassle yes...

post #59 of 71
Depends on the software you use. With MediaMonkey it's seamless.
post #60 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Depends on the software you use. With MediaMonkey it's seamless.

Found out that I had to force similar paths in the options menu for my device. :P This is beautiful.


Edited by SikkNazty - 9/22/14 at 6:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5