Can't say I like the looks. The AK100 has a nice balance in the hand and in appearance. These, if they remain like the images, which I guess they is final, are fairly unimaginative.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by joe, 8/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players! Last post on 10/24/16 at 11:26pm in Music
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 4/20/16 at 1:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on 8/25/16 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hello everyone, im new and i need some suggestions Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not a comparison but Peter from DHC just posted this on FB so I think that can give you guys an idea.
DHC is an authorized A&K dealer and we'll be adding their products to our catalog over the next few days. We also fully support this ecosystem of fantastic audio players with the cables & adapters needed to make all the connections perfectly.
The new lineup may have people a little confused - the AK100 II and AK120 II now have the same screen and Android based, super-easy UI of the AK240 flagship. So what all is shared?
1) All players have wifi streaming of your music library, over the air updates, the big OLED screen and UI, optical output, USB DAC capability, and bluetooth.
2) All players have the 2.5mm balanced output and 3.5mm single ended output just like AK240.
3) All three players use the CS4398 DAC chip from Cirrus Logic. AK100 has one, AK120 and AK240 have two.
4) All three players have DSD playback capability; AK240 plays DSD natively rather than downconverting it to PCM. AK240 does this by means of a dedicated processing chip for keeping DSD as DSD all the way through. This also means AK240 is primarily advantageous for DSD.
5) AK120 and AK240 have the same amplifier specs and DAC precision levels. AK100 has a bit less voltage output despite having a 2.5mm balanced output, and its DAC specifications for distortion and crosstalk are a little lower than its brothers.
6) AK240 has a duralumin and carbon fiber case, while the 100 and 120 are all aluminum.
7) AK100 is 64gb, AK120 is 128GB, AK240 is 256gb; all have one microSD slot to add up to 128GB.
8) All players are close in thickness, but AK240 is the least tall; it is wider than the other two. Players are very close in battery capacity and weight, and I'm guessing battery life also.
9) So, to summarize - the AK100 is now even more competent and lets you enjoy balanced output; the AK120 and AK240 should offer the same performance for PCM 24/192 based on the numbers for its amplifier and DAC precision, with the AK240 in theory only pulling ahead with DSD files. AK240 offers exclusive body materials and a nicer leather case, more memory, and native DSD.
So the 120II is basically a cheaper 240 without native dsd in a different shell.....?
Edited by kkcc - 5/15/14 at 5:08pm
If 120II is indeed like that (and priced the same as the 120), I think I'm in..
Wifi streaming and a giant oled screen just makes the battery melt as fast as a 240.
Where did you read that? I checked out http://www.astellnkern.com/ and couldn't find anything like it.
check under general specification.
DSD Native : DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo
I remember reading in the iriver.jp that sample rate is until 32 bit 384khz, I wonder why it's not stated in the English website..
Edit: ok, nvm I think that's down sampled to 192khz =.=
Edited by Levanter - 5/15/14 at 6:08pm
And my wallet will swear to never let me buy another AK "flagship" in the future.... Really curious how they will price it but I do expect it to be closer to 120 than 240....
Edited by kkcc - 5/15/14 at 7:28pm
I'd say in between the titan and 240...
I am shocked that these new players only offer one micro sd slot..my titan has 2 and I also must say I hate the way the new model looks.I also would expect far better battery life in a new model!To me the capacity is right at the top of the concerns for me and I am amazed these new ones offer such a small capacity....no sale
Is this true? is yes, I am a happy boy. But not so happy if no one buys my RWAK120 Titan.
And less on board storage.........and that looks like it. If it sounds like the 240 all you guys who purchase one are in for a treat!
seriously... what's the point of having DSD playability if it's just a down sampling PCM. Might as well remove that feature and reduce the price.
Edited by Levanter - 5/15/14 at 9:35pm
- Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 32 seconds ago
- › Why are masters so different? 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietControl QC30 Bluetooth Active Noise Canceling Headphones... 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...