Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II - Page 46

post #676 of 1156

Have any of you AK120II owners had any luck with the wi-fi system update? I can't seem to get it working on mine.  Whenever I try, I get a message that says an error has occurred and I should check my wi-fi connection, but my wi-fi setting shows that I'm connected. 

 

And my firmware version shows 1.01.  Is that the latest?

post #677 of 1156

I have the exact same thing.

post #678 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

I have the exact same thing.

The exact same update problem or the exact same firmware version?


Edited by mrbig - 6/20/14 at 12:51am
post #679 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbig View Post
 

Have any of you AK120II owners had any luck with the wi-fi system update? I can't seem to get it working on mine.  Whenever I try, I get a message that says an error has occurred and I should check my wi-fi connection, but my wi-fi setting shows that I'm connected. 

 

And my firmware version shows 1.01.  Is that the latest?

I have the same firmware and update problem that you have. I am based in HK for what it's worth.

The support for the AK120II and the lack of firmware download on the iriver and AK website is pretty below par, especially for a "premium" product.

post #680 of 1156

There is almost nothing on the AK120II but we're the first owners as well. I'd have to check the FW version at home. I only have the AK240 with me today

post #681 of 1156

Mine is 1.01 too see pic

 

post #682 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwilier View Post
 

I have the same firmware and update problem that you have. I am based in HK for what it's worth.

The support for the AK120II and the lack of firmware download on the iriver and AK website is pretty below par, especially for a "premium" product.

I wonder if anybody who followed iriver's customer service behaviour with AK100 and AK120 seriously expected them to change or improve their service ... ?

There have been so many complaints about it - I guess You'll just have to cope with it.

post #683 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbig View Post
 

The exact same update problem or the exact same firmware version?

Same update problem and same firmware version as everyone here.. 1.01.

 

First time using this interface, find that navigating to 'artist' doesn't work for me (e.g. classical and electronic which feature many artists in one album). This makes navigating by 'genre' also not useable. I'd be happy if genre view went to albums, or if artist can instead be 'album artist', but I guess no way to amend this. I can edit my meta data just for the AK120.. but that's not ideal.

 

On music files, find it doesn't detect things properly sometimes if the album artist and artist are the same. A quick edit fixes that.

 

I have also come across a bug that says there are unsupported files being played when there's actually no issue with the files. Occurs sometimes when I try to do two things at once (e.g. upload files via USB while playing at the same time), but nothing a reboot won't fix.

 

Incidentally, I also felt USB DAC mode sounded better than using it as a DAP, although there is a bit of lag for movies.. have to experiment more.

post #684 of 1156

Curious do you use JRiver or have XMOS usb drivers installed for another DAC?

post #685 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

Curious do you use JRiver or have XMOS usb drivers installed for another DAC?

I do have Jriver, jplay, etc.. but now I primarily use iTunes.

 

I do have XMOS usb drivers installed for my emmlabs dac2x.. is that why I didn't need to install any drivers for the AK120II? I just saw my PC automatically detected the device once I turned on DAC mode and it's worked flawlessly (albeit with the slight lag I mentioned).

post #686 of 1156

No.  My AK100 had a delay at home where I use JRiver and my PWD2 has XMOS drivers.  But at work where I use WMP and have no USB DAC drivers installed... no delay.

post #687 of 1156
I also am a brand new owner of an AK120II and am getting the same wifi update error. Anyone know how to get the Firmware v. 1.11 that was mentioned above? I spent some time on the AK site trying to install the firmwares on it not realizing that the I and II had different firmwares and the II was not posted anywhere at all. Spent lots of time banging my head against the wall as to why the .hex files wouldn't update the darn thing and I blamed my poor macbook.

Thanks!
post #688 of 1156

Just got my AK240!

Very very happy with the purchase, man... this sounds lush:)!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #689 of 1156

Well good for you but this thread is for AK100-II and AK120-II :rolleyes:

post #690 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Well good for you but this thread is for AK100-II and AK120-II :rolleyes:

Fortunately, my reading skills haven't left me yet.

As warrenpchi asked me how it sounds (read page 45) I thought I would let him know about my first impressions.

 

Nevertheless, you are right:) Won't post anything non-AK100II/120II from now on.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II