Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II - Page 5

post #61 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilW View Post

This photo has to be an early proto

All the photos are released around the same time. I doubt you can find any early photos around... smily_headphones1.gif
post #62 of 1454

Already appeared on the A&K site: http://www.astellnkern.com/

Don't really understand why they refused from double cards...

 

Waiting for final prices.


Edited by Graviton - 5/15/14 at 3:24am
post #63 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton View Post
 

Already appeared on the A&K site: http://www.astellnkern.com/

Don't really understand why they refused from double cards...

 

Waiting for final prices.


keep checking

 

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/index.php?match=all&subcats=Y&dispatch=product_features.view&q=ak100ii


Edited by PhilW - 5/15/14 at 4:55am
post #64 of 1454

Internal memory is doubled, cards halfed, officially supported total size hasn't change.

 

What I wonder is if these use firmware to provide usb dac functions or an xmos like the AK240.

post #65 of 1454

Just realized,

DSD64 is Native however DSD128 is PCM... oh well, better than nothing i guess 

post #66 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

Internal memory is doubled, cards halfed, officially supported total size hasn't change.

 

What I wonder is if these use firmware to provide usb dac functions or an xmos like the AK240.

AK120 can handle 64+128+128 = 320GB

AK120 titan can handle 128*3 = 384GB

 

AK100 can handle (unofficially) 32+128+128=288Gb

 

Now

AK100 II 64+128=192GB

AK120 II 128*2=256GB

 

I think the second card slot is not expensive and not hard to add technically. So it's strange that they cut it out.
 

post #67 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton View Post

AK120 can handle 64+128+128 = 320GB

AK120 titan can handle 128*3 = 384GB

 

AK100 can handle (unofficially) 32+128+128=288Gb

 

Now

AK100 II 64+128=192GB

AK120 II 128*2=256GB

 

I think the second card slot is not expensive and not hard to add technically. So it's strange that they cut it out.
 

 



It has more to do with market segmentation rather than technical issues.
post #68 of 1454

True but those were never officially advertised or supported cards.

 

The AK page has been updated with the new models.  The new models are feature packed as long as dsd and the usb dac aren't top priorities for you.  Me I need a perfect usb dac is on the top of the list so... AK240 it is.

post #69 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

True but those were never officially advertised or supported cards.

The AK page has been updated with the new models.  The new models are feature packed as long as dsd and the usb dac aren't top priorities for you.  Me I need a perfect usb dac is on the top of the list so... AK240 it is.

They support usb dac, but just up till 24 bit 96khz biggrin.gif
post #70 of 1454

Likely the same one that is in the AK100/120... ie the one with the growing input to output sync lag.  Also known as the reason I use the optical in on my AK100 Mk2 :P

post #71 of 1454

Are there pricing announced for the AK100II and AK120II yet?  Curious to see how they will be priced and if the current AK100 MKII nad AK120 will continue to be sold or discontinued.

post #72 of 1454

The original AK100/120 are no longer on the site.  Given they have more features and balanced output... expect a higher price.

post #73 of 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

The original AK100/120 are no longer on the site.  Given they have more features and balanced output... expect a higher price.

The AK100 and AK120 are still on the site, but are now under the "Others" menu on the main page. It will be interesting to see if AK will price the new models at a premium compared to the older ones, or to competitors' models, for that matter.

post #74 of 1454

So they are =)

post #75 of 1454

Hello guys,

 

I think about to buy AK120 but if they relase early and it will be better.Maybe I can buy these ones.

 

I'm curious some.When wil they release ? And how much ? Anybody know ? 

 

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II