So... are these AK and iRiver Japanese?? I always thought they are Korean...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by joe, 8/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players! Last post on 1/29/17 at 3:39am in Music
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 4/20/16 at 1:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/8/17 at 7:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hello everyone, im new and i need some suggestions Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That remains to be seen unless you have evidence to the contrary.
Hey, at least the AK240 isn't upside down - don't the new models look upside down to anybody? Have you ever seen a dap that has the larger gap above as opposed to below the screen? Maybe these are the drunk assembly line addition...
Alright... Sometimes I had a thinking that AK is Japanese engineering company who contracted iRiver to manufactures the DAP for them (like Apple-Foxconn relation)
The profitable, and indeed the path that makes the most sense for the company, is to continue releasing new products on a regular basis. Believe it or not, maybe A&K's target audience is not you, the individual Head-Fier, if your salary is not in a range to afford such things and your largest complaint about the product is the price. There are many, many affluent people out there, Head-Fiers included, well-off enough to drop $2,000+ without a second thought. So long as they are willing to pay for what they perceive to be a premium product, they are the people supporting A&K's bottom line and should be the focus of A&K's marketing and sales efforts. If I was the marketing director of A&K and found that the market was hungry for and would support the launch of a revamped AK100 and AK120, it'd be an incredibly easy decision to make to bring such products to launch.
Hard to get four channel balanced signal from two single ended opamps... just saying ;) The top model could be balanced though.
Really? I haven't seen the AK240 priced lower than $2,499.00 USD. Indeed, all the internet "e-tailers" seem to be charging the same price--likely per iRiver's stipulations.
Stipulations or no stipulations, the AK dealers around the world are all loving their jaunt on the gravy train - do you realise how much mark-up / margin there is for an AK dealer on each DAP?
For the AK240, I expect it's many hundreds of dollars, if not more. Do you have exact figures?
Let's put it this way. PS Audio sells the PWD2 for $4000. Stores sell it to customers for $2300... and they're making a profit. Audio mark is very high. There are however exceptions. Stax dealer in the US for instance have a pretty low margin.
- Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
- › Portable Combo for trip away. 5 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-681 Evo VS HD-330 VS HD-662 Evo? 3 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 3 minutes ago
- › Best *Bass* headphone for working out 4 minutes ago
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear