So... are these AK and iRiver Japanese?? I always thought they are Korean...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by joe, 8/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players! Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:07am in Music
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 4/20/16 at 1:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on 11/22/16 at 9:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hello everyone, im new and i need some suggestions Last post on 8/2/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That remains to be seen unless you have evidence to the contrary.
Hey, at least the AK240 isn't upside down - don't the new models look upside down to anybody? Have you ever seen a dap that has the larger gap above as opposed to below the screen? Maybe these are the drunk assembly line addition...
Alright... Sometimes I had a thinking that AK is Japanese engineering company who contracted iRiver to manufactures the DAP for them (like Apple-Foxconn relation)
The profitable, and indeed the path that makes the most sense for the company, is to continue releasing new products on a regular basis. Believe it or not, maybe A&K's target audience is not you, the individual Head-Fier, if your salary is not in a range to afford such things and your largest complaint about the product is the price. There are many, many affluent people out there, Head-Fiers included, well-off enough to drop $2,000+ without a second thought. So long as they are willing to pay for what they perceive to be a premium product, they are the people supporting A&K's bottom line and should be the focus of A&K's marketing and sales efforts. If I was the marketing director of A&K and found that the market was hungry for and would support the launch of a revamped AK100 and AK120, it'd be an incredibly easy decision to make to bring such products to launch.
Hard to get four channel balanced signal from two single ended opamps... just saying ;) The top model could be balanced though.
Really? I haven't seen the AK240 priced lower than $2,499.00 USD. Indeed, all the internet "e-tailers" seem to be charging the same price--likely per iRiver's stipulations.
Stipulations or no stipulations, the AK dealers around the world are all loving their jaunt on the gravy train - do you realise how much mark-up / margin there is for an AK dealer on each DAP?
For the AK240, I expect it's many hundreds of dollars, if not more. Do you have exact figures?
Let's put it this way. PS Audio sells the PWD2 for $4000. Stores sell it to customers for $2300... and they're making a profit. Audio mark is very high. There are however exceptions. Stax dealer in the US for instance have a pretty low margin.
- Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
- › Meze 12 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › M40x vs. Ultrasone Pro 900 12 seconds ago
- › Excellent condition Oppo HA-2 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 4 minutes ago
- › Clip-ons with stronger sub bass than KSC75s? 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 5 minutes ago
- › A very simple single-ended parafeed design 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear