Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II

post #1 of 2350
Thread Starter 

.


Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 8:41pm
post #2 of 2350

Impressive!

 

 

 

 

 

With AK240:


Edited by frekedech - 5/11/14 at 7:36pm
post #3 of 2350
Looks just as sexy as the older version.
And looks like it's android based with wifi. Probably going to implement the same MQS streaming as the AK240 to milk more money.
Unfortunately only 1 sd card slot this time.
post #4 of 2350

But I see no point releasing two models with the same name as the old one with the II variant (AK100mkII anyone?).

Just make an AK240 lil bro, name it AK200, keep classic AK100/AK120 duo in the line up or perhaps discount the price and called it a day.

Safe consumers from confusion :deadhorse:

 

Just my two cents. Cheers!

post #5 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by frekedech View Post

But I see no point releasing two models with the same name as the old one with the II variant (AK100mkII anyone?).
Just make an AK240 lil bro, name it AK200, keep classic AK100/AK120 duo in the line up or perhaps discount the price and called it a day.
Safe consumers from confusion deadhorse.gif

Just my two cents. Cheers!

I don't think they'll do anything to reduce their cash cow.. i have a feeling the AK100 II will be priced btw the AK100MK2 and AK120 at around $999 while AK120II will be btw AK120 Titan and AK240 at $1799
post #6 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by frekedech View Post
 

But I see no point releasing two models with the same name as the old one with the II variant (AK100mkII anyone?).

Just make an AK240 lil bro, name it AK200, keep classic AK100/AK120 duo in the line up or perhaps discount the price and called it a day.

Safe consumers from confusion :deadhorse:

 

Just my two cents. Cheers!

I like his idea. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post


I don't think they'll do anything to reduce their cash cow.. i have a feeling the AK100 II will be priced btw the AK100MK2 and AK120 at around $999 while AK120II will be btw AK120 Titan and AK240 at $1799

But this seems more likely. Someone needs to tell AK folks that Head-Fi guys don't own a printing business. 

post #7 of 2350

 The 7-year financial loss has really driven them to priced their product exorbitantly (in terms of value).

But credit to them pushing the hi-res audio player market and make them trendy again, It's year 2001 all over again! :dt880smile: 

post #8 of 2350

Are they serious? It is even bigger than AK240 in footprint and just as thick and a completely plain and ugly rectangular block look? AK should at least render the edges of the DAPs rounded so that it's more pleasant to look at. The current sharp design look is just jarring.

 

But at least they are porting the android UI technology features from AK240 down to AK100/120 now. Seems like both are also getting the new 2.5mm TRRS balance out feature.

post #9 of 2350

It looks like the AK100II and AK120II will only have 1 sd slot from the photos?  I wonder why they decreased the number of sd cards it can support compared with the previous AK100 and AK120, seems like a weird product decision.  Wonder if that's the final design or pre-production.

post #10 of 2350

I think they look horrible and clunky - part of the appeal of the AK100 was it's shape and size

post #11 of 2350

post #12 of 2350
What don't you people understand about making money? iRiver is a for profit company. They should be trying to maximize the amount of profit they can.
It's not water, food, electricity or air. We do not NEED to own a high end DAP to live well & healthy.
This is the world of business.
Enough of dissing them. Want to whine go someplace else.
post #13 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

What don't you people understand about making money? iRiver is a for profit company. They should be trying to maximize the amount of profit they can.
It's not water, food, electricity or air. We do not NEED to own a high end DAP to live well & healthy.
This is the world of business.
Enough of dissing them. Want to whine go someplace else.

Yes, now a days market for standalone DAP has died from the days of ipod and etc.. because of the insurgence of all capable smartphones.  So, there is not a lot of margin for them trying to sell low cost players, so I think they just try to cater to audiophile market and price them ridiculously.  

 

Anybody have the specs of these beasts?  :popcorn: 


Edited by SilverEars - 5/11/14 at 3:33pm
post #14 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear View Post
 

Are they serious? It is even bigger than AK240 in footprint and just as thick and a completely plain and ugly rectangular block look? AK should at least render the edges of the DAPs rounded so that it's more pleasant to look at. The current sharp design look is just jarring.

 

But at least they are porting the android UI technology features from AK240 down to AK100/120 now. Seems like both are also getting the new 2.5mm TRRS balance out feature.

It will likely have a case.

post #15 of 2350

Looks very interesting. I will be at the Highend show in Munich next week, so I'll definitely check these out. If they have the same UI and functions as the AK240 with the same or improved SQ of the previous versions and sell them at a reasonable price, it may be hard to resist for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II