Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › what do I do to these holes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what do I do to these holes? - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalra67 View Post


These are Domo Enthral Q8. I don't know if these are available globally.


Ok, thanks anyway :)

 

On the topic of filling the holes, have you considered Epoxy Resin or similar, like some sort of 2-part putty?

This stuff's usually for modelling, but  it might find a good use here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Stuff-Kneadatite-various-Lengths-/251191233303?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&var=&hash=item3a7c2a0b17


Edited by NawiLlih - 5/26/14 at 2:18am
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NawiLlih View Post


Ok, thanks anyway smily_headphones1.gif

On the topic of filling the holes, have you considered Epoxy Resin or similar, like some sort of 2-part putty?
This stuff's usually for modelling, but  it might find a good use here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Stuff-Kneadatite-various-Lengths-/251191233303?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&var=&hash=item3a7c2a0b17
I will definitely look into it once I get these. Thanks for advice.
post #18 of 25


There a also a few types of glue/paste stuff that work on the same principal, but those would probably run into the workings of the 'phones and break them :/

post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NawiLlih View Post


There a also a few types of glue/paste stuff that work on the same principal, but those would probably run into the workings of the 'phones and break them :/
I will have to be cautious as will not get replacement this time. Although I already told the manufacturer about the problem. Let's see whether they already did something. I will probably get them within 2-3 days. Till then I have my Philips 3590 and ue100 to enjoy.
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalra67 View Post

I purchased these iems a few days back. Audio quality was very bad(ear piercing), so i kept them in drawers. Today I tried them once more and accidentally put my finger on the hole at the back of it. Sound improved a lot(sorry I can't describe in technical terms). Now I wonder why those are there at the first place and what should I do to permanently seal them?
post #21 of 25
My experience is that those vented IEM's sound much more open and uncongested when left open. If you really want to plug them up though, the stuff to use would be silicone rubber cement. It's clear and dries fairly fast and should be easily removed. Just shave off the outside and push the rest in with a pin. It won't rattle around inside or cause problems.
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerman View Post

My experience is that those vented IEM's sound much more open and uncongested when left open. If you really want to plug them up though, the stuff to use would be silicone rubber cement. It's clear and dries fairly fast and should be easily removed. Just shave off the outside and push the rest in with a pin. It won't rattle around inside or cause problems.

 

Based on his description the problem has been unnatural bass due to the ports; it's like using a really huge vented box for a subwoofer thenexpecting the 8in driver in it to keep up with the midwoofers playing metal. If the bass is controlled he can ignore the rest of the side effects (or he doesn't notice them as much).

post #23 of 25
I actually have several color versions of this same headset I bought on Ebay for usually under $2.00 and they are quite the bargain unless you get a bad pair which is about 20% of the time. They definitely sound better unplugged and their QC is pretty decent, the vent sizes are uniform. They are especially good on acoustic music, eg classical and jazz.
post #24 of 25

Depending on what they are made of, simple hot glue will seal them but (if you don't fill the hole with it) should come off.  Use low temp stuff, as it sticks less well.  You could also look into the equivalent of Instamorph, or even Sugru, though the latter two may be more difficult to remove.  Good luck.

post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NawiLlih View Post


There a also a few types of glue/paste stuff that work on the same principal, but those would probably run into the workings of the 'phones and break them :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

Based on his description the problem has been unnatural bass due to the ports; it's like using a really huge vented box for a subwoofer thenexpecting the 8in driver in it to keep up with the midwoofers playing metal. If the bass is controlled he can ignore the rest of the side effects (or he doesn't notice them as much).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post

Depending on what they are made of, simple hot glue will seal them but (if you don't fill the hole with it) should come off.  Use low temp stuff, as it sticks less well.  You could also look into the equivalent of Instamorph, or even Sugru, though the latter two may be more difficult to remove.  Good luck.
Hello friends
Got the replacement today. I will do something tomorrow as I am in no mood for this today.
Cheers till then
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › what do I do to these holes?