Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › what do I do to these holes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what do I do to these holes?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I purchased these iems a few days back. Audio quality was very bad(ear piercing), so i kept them in drawers. Today I tried them once more and accidentally put my finger on the hole at the back of it. Sound improved a lot(sorry I can't describe in technical terms). Now I wonder why those are there at the first place and what should I do to permanently seal them?
post #2 of 25
The holes are ports, and the are purposeful for creating the particular sound of those IEMs.

You could plug them, but I have no idea what to use. If someone doesn't offer you a good suggestion in the next couple of days, consider asking here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/6/diy-do-it-yourself-discussions

smily_headphones1.gif
post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the suggestion. I will surely ask in some famous thread if I don't find an answer here.
post #4 of 25

Get some Blutack and stick a little of it over the hole. it won't be pretty though.

post #5 of 25
You should be able to use a small piece of heatshrink for a better-looking and more permanent mod.
post #6 of 25
Thread Starter 
As far as I know heat shrink is available in tube form. How do I apply in this condition?
post #7 of 25
If I understand right, the hole is on the back. So you'd essentially be taking a small piece of tube and slipping it over the top and working it around to the back. You're going to want to cut a small semi-circle off one side of the tube to accommodate the earpiece. That would be the idea anyhow.
post #8 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

If I understand right, the hole is on the back. So you'd essentially be taking a small piece of tube and slipping it over the top and working it around to the back. You're going to want to cut a small semi-circle off one side of the tube to accommodate the earpiece. That would be the idea anyhow.
Thanks a lot. Now I got you. Let's see what happens.
post #9 of 25

I know it's Captain Obvious, but be very careful not to damage the cables.

post #10 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

I know it's Captain Obvious, but be very careful not to damage the cables.
Bad luck?
One earpiece stopped working.
AnyWays It was a very bad product and I was not going to keep it.
post #11 of 25
Bummer. redface.gif Sorry.
post #12 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

Bummer. redface.gif Sorry.
Got a replacement. Its in transit. Let's see how it turns out to be.
post #13 of 25
That's good news, at least.
post #14 of 25
What brand/model are those IEMs please? They seem rather... interesting wink.gif
post #15 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NawiLlih View Post

What brand/model are those IEMs please? They seem rather... interesting wink.gif
These are Domo Enthral Q8. I don't know if these are available globally.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › what do I do to these holes?