Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › NEWS: Apple acquires Beats for $3 Billion (Update: Full interview on recode.net)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEWS: Apple acquires Beats for $3 Billion (Update: Full interview on recode.net) - Page 8

post #106 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Why waste time? "If you Beat a dead horse headphone, it won't get up and run."

 

Lol, that's a good way of saying it.

post #107 of 295

Might as well throw water on the fire

Is App Telling Us A "Secret" About Apple-Beats Deal?

post #108 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiAudio View Post
 

Might as well throw water on the fire

Is App Telling Us A "Secret" About Apple-Beats Deal?

Cool. So if ever the 'leak' was right, will "Secret" become the app version of WikiLeaks?

post #109 of 295

Apple’s Beats Deal Is Happening, And It’s A Dre Acquihire
 

Quote:

A well-placed source has confirmed rumors that Apple’s acquisition of Beats “is happening” but was close to falling apart multiple times. The source said with “70% certainty” that Apple’s planned multi-billion acquisition of headphone maker Beats will go through. But Apple isn’t buying Beats for the technology, they’re buying the talent.

Oh great now laying odds . . . . .70% probability :popcorn:

 

Quote:

Rumors in Asia also point to previous moves by Samsung to buy the Beats brand, a deal that fell through “earlier in the year.”

Apple’s efforts, it seems, will bear more fruit. “The deal hasn’t fallen apart yet,” the source said.

Interesting about the Samsung tidbit, because that's would have been a perfect build quality marriage!   (I'm joking)


Edited by HiFiAudio - 5/22/14 at 2:06pm
post #110 of 295

Quote:

A well-placed source has confirmed rumors that Apple’s acquisition of Beats “is happening” but was close to falling apart multiple times. The source said with “70% certainty” that Apple’s planned multi-billion acquisition of headphone maker Beats will go through. But Apple isn’t buying Beats for the technology, they’re buying the talent.

What talent? :deadhorse:

post #111 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Quote:

A well-placed source has confirmed rumors that Apple’s acquisition of Beats “is happening” but was close to falling apart multiple times. The source said with “70% certainty” that Apple’s planned multi-billion acquisition of headphone maker Beats will go through. But Apple isn’t buying Beats for the technology, they’re buying the talent.

What talent? :deadhorse:

I think they're buying Beats because of Jimmy Iovine, who is one of the larger names in the musci industry. With him at Apple's disposal, he could have lots of record producers talked into releasing their albums on iTunes first (which should more than bump up sales).

post #112 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

I think they're buying Beats because of Jimmy Iovine, who is one of the larger names in the musci industry. With him at Apple's disposal, he could have lots of record producers talked into releasing their albums on iTunes first (which should more than bump up sales).

That's buying connections. Apple already has enough connections due to iTunes and reputation due to the sales volume of iTunes. I wouldn't be surprised if the deal fell through.

post #113 of 295
Thread Starter 

From The Verge -

Quote:
The most likely [cause of delay] seems to simply be that it's complicated to make a $3.2 billion acquisition — Apple's largest ever and the first major deal under CEO Tim Cook — and perhaps word of the purchase leaked out far earlier than expected. Billboard also notes that the Beats Music streaming service is a separate business unit only partly owned by Beats Electronics, and if the unlimited-access music service is key to Apple's interest, there could be a disagreement over the purchase price. One source tells the music industry magazine that there are also concerns over whether Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre are a good fit as Apple executives. Especially after Dr. Dre's expletive-filled celebration of the news that was posted on Facebook and subsequently seen by thousands online. No matter what's holding up a deal, we should find out soon whether Apple still intends to purchase the headphone empire.
post #114 of 295

Ah well. Call me back when an actual audiophile grade company gets bought out.

post #115 of 295
Next time try for N-Sync.
post #116 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Xaxal View Post
 

Ah well. Call me back when an actual audiophile grade company gets bought out.

this is actually a big deal, the biggest headphone company being bought out by one of the biggest PC sales companies in the US, what that means is tons of ppl are going to need hardware to start decoding all of that new high res we might be getting from apple, I think as soon as Apple starts selling Hi Res... that's the instant the big companies are going to start pushing into the market that Apple is trying to command. cans like the new LCD X and AKG K812 demonstrate that, these easy to drive headphones paired with what could be a forward movement on apple part to start selling high res, will ultimatly land more average users here at head fi looking to get the best out of their high res music 

post #117 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

this is actually a big deal, the biggest headphone company being bought out by one of the biggest PC sales companies in the US, what that means is tons of ppl are going to need hardware to start decoding all of that new high res we might be getting from apple, I think as soon as Apple starts selling Hi Res... that's the instant the big companies are going to start pushing into the market that Apple is trying to command. cans like the new LCD X and AKG K812 demonstrate that, these easy to drive headphones paired with what could be a forward movement on apple part to start selling high res, will ultimatly land more average users here at head fi looking to get the best out of their high res music 

That actually sounds pretty good.

 

Was just stating because I could care less about Beats being bought out. Bu the possibility you mention does sound enticing. For as long as it is accessible.

post #118 of 295
This hi res thing is just a marketing ploy. They all know no one will be able to hear the difference from the cheap headphones on the market today. But people will believe they can hear a difference through placebo effect. Anything they can do to separate themselves from competition. Just like the beyond 20kHz rating you get on many headphones. I just hope hi res doesn't mean they add bass to the mastering of songs to actually provide a difference, but that would not surprise me at all.
post #119 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post

This hi res thing is just a marketing ploy. They all know no one will be able to hear the difference from the cheap headphones on the market today. But people will believe they can hear a difference through placebo effect. Anything they can do to separate themselves from competition. Just like the beyond 20kHz rating you get on many headphones. I just hope hi res doesn't mean they add bass to the mastering of songs to actually provide a difference, but that would not surprise me at all.

 

Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully, it results in better audio available on a wider scale.

 

Me personally? I'll just wait and see. Am pretty indifferent to this.

post #120 of 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post

This hi res thing is just a marketing ploy. They all know no one will be able to hear the difference from the cheap headphones on the market today. But people will believe they can hear a difference through placebo effect. Anything they can do to separate themselves from competition. Just like the beyond 20kHz rating you get on many headphones. I just hope hi res doesn't mean they add bass to the mastering of songs to actually provide a difference, but that would not surprise me at all.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Xaxal View Post
 

 

Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully, it results in better audio available on a wider scale.

 

Me personally? I'll just wait and see. Am pretty indifferent to this.

 

I agree with Sonido that it's mostly a marketing ploy, but when one of the biggest portable media device corps in the world beings a push to high res, the whole audiophile market stands to benifit 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › NEWS: Apple acquires Beats for $3 Billion (Update: Full interview on recode.net)