or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares - Page 8

post #106 of 2588
Thread Starter 

Now let's just hope that FiiO puts more stuff in the configuration files to give you guys more flexibility.

 

Awesome job!

post #107 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlandfilms View Post
 

  

 


Welcome, to the Desert, of the Real.


Crazily well done sir can't wait for it. Now if only the red text(System settings) can be edited to suit the themes and maybe  add rain of bullets to evade lol jk.. But whatever, really appreciate it :)

post #108 of 2588

Can't change the colour, but can get rid of the title completely.

post #109 of 2588

Wow. Did you delete the text from the ini file?

post #110 of 2588
@flowerlandfilms

I don't know how good you are with transparency in files, but i have an idea for your theme:

Instead of using only the icons as fullscreen image, you could try editing the 12 scrollwheel images as use for "animated" background, and using only the text as the icons.

I hope you understand my idea?
post #111 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

@flowerlandfilms



I don't know how good you are with transparency in files, but i have an idea for your theme:



Instead of using only the icons as fullscreen image, you could try editing the 12 scrollwheel images as use for "animated" background, and using only the text as the icons.



I hope you understand my idea?

 




That's the way it's done!
post #112 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlandfilms View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

@flowerlandfilms



I don't know how good you are with transparency in files, but i have an idea for your theme:



Instead of using only the icons as fullscreen image, you could try editing the 12 scrollwheel images as use for "animated" background, and using only the text as the icons.



I hope you understand my idea?

 




That's the way it's done!

 

I think, if I understood correctly, that CH23 meant to keep a wheel of some description and have the vertical characters move behind the wheel and either text or icons for the selections. Not sure what other imagery you would use to keep with the Matrix theme though

post #113 of 2588

The way it is layed out currently, is I have:

1 - A Background image with a static green texture
2 - The Icons which are just text
3 - The Scroll Wheel images which are running the animated code

The scroll wheel actually goes in front of the icons so only the code is visible and the rest is transparent, same with the text.
I think it gives a cool "layered" effect.
But it's actually causing problems, if I go to now playing, and then back to the launcher, It fails to load the background image and select other images.
I think it is because My images have larger file sizes than the originals so it is having trouble keeping them loaded into the ram.
Maybe, I don't know.


Edited by flowerlandfilms - 5/24/14 at 8:32pm
post #114 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlandfilms View Post

The way it is layed out currently, is I have:


1 - A Background image with a static green texture

2 - The Icons which are just text

3 - The Scroll Wheel images which are running the animated code


The scroll wheel actually goes in front of the icons so only the code is visible and the rest is transparent, same with the text.

I think it gives a cool "layered" effect.

But it's actually causing problems, if I go to now playing, and then back to the launcher, It fails to load the background image and select other images.

I think it is because My images have larger file sizes than the originals so it is having trouble keeping them loaded into the ram.

Maybe, I don't know.

I love how we had the same idea and you already executed it.

I think the transparency is giving it a bit trouble.

I should examine your images for a 'definitive' conclusion...
post #115 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


I love how we had the same idea and you already executed it.

I think the transparency is giving it a bit trouble.

I should examine your images for a 'definitive' conclusion...


These are my launcher images. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57768148/launcher.7z

If I can't sort it out it may put the Kibosh on the whole thing

post #116 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlandfilms View Post
 


These are my launcher images. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57768148/launcher.7z

If I can't sort it out it may put the Kibosh on the whole thing

 

Don't give up!  Looks wicked cool :evil::wink_face:

post #117 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlandfilms View Post
 


These are my launcher images. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57768148/launcher.7z

If I can't sort it out it may put the Kibosh on the whole thing

 

My concern is that the processor just does not have the firepower to layer PNG transparencies. In practice, the issue may not be solvable directly. Indirectly, you could carve a window from the background where the 'printed icons' appear. That would probably work.

post #118 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

My concern is that the processor just does not have the firepower to layer PNG transparencies. In practice, the issue may not be solvable directly. Indirectly, you could carve a window from the background where the 'printed icons' appear. That would probably work.

 

I haven't looked at the specific files yet, but knowing that the stock images are transparencies, maybe it's just a matter of keeping the printed icons smaller and adjusting coordinates accordingly. Apologies if this misses the mark as I'm working with an assumption of how you've created the theme until I have a chance to download and look at the files.

post #119 of 2588

Okay, this one is better...not the final product, but better. I was looking to emulate as much as possible th rest of the text-only screens in the UI:

 

 

I need to make the text larger, and find a way to make sure all seven icon images are exactly the same. At the moment if you scroll too quickly you see the writing shift a teeny bit.

 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64083930/x5%5BTxtFront%5D.zip

post #120 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

Okay, this one is better...not the final product, but better. I was looking to emulate as much as possible th rest of the text-only screens in the UI:




I need to make the text larger, and find a way to make sure all seven icon images are exactly the same. At the moment if you scroll too quickly you see the writing shift a teeny bit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64083930/x5%5BTxtFront%5D.zip

Keep going!!! I'm going to take this for a spin and (if I have time) try to mod it a bit with the font I cribbed for X3 theming.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares