or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread - Page 5

post #61 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow View Post

Yes. Anything that is passed through the HA-1 can be amplified through the balanced headphone output. So you can do RCA IN and Balanced Out.

As for the rated output power, I am going to assume that it is based on the output in used, and not determined by the input source. But don't quote me on this. The engineer I normally consult with is out on business, so I can't confirm the specifications at the moment.

If that's the case, then this is an amp I would seriously consider. Now I just need some impressions pairing it with the XC...
post #62 of 4750

So...where are the impressions?

 

 

post #63 of 4750

^Maybe they are too busy enjoying their new HA-1, lol.
I wonder how many people here actually got one. I think we've seen at least half a dozen posts from different people who did.
Hopefully they will be giving some good impressions soon.

post #64 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow View Post
 

 

The processor in the HA-1 is very limited in its capabilities, so there is a finite amount of functionality that we will be able to add. So I can't guarantee feature that may be added to a future firmware release, but we are definitely taking all recommendations into consideration and will consolidate them into the HA-1 to the best of our ability.

If the HA-1 had EQ function, I personally would buy one, but without -its a deal breaker for me.

 

Be great to see this function available.

post #65 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

If the HA-1 had EQ function, I personally would buy one, but without -its a deal breaker for me.

 

Be great to see this function available.

Real men don't use EQ functions. 

:wink:

 

 

post #66 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

If the HA-1 had EQ function, I personally would buy one, but without -its a deal breaker for me.

 

Be great to see this function available.

Why not utilize DSP EQ in Audivrana and JRiver for Mac for example?

post #67 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

Real men don't use EQ functions. 
wink.gif

post #68 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiAudio View Post

Why not utilize DSP EQ in Audivrana and JRiver for Mac for example?

I pretty much use my iPads or iPod touch as music source and the EQ settings aren't adjustable, just presets, so being able to adjust the EQ directly from amp would appeal to me, and I would find that personally more convenient for my preference.

And besides - why didn't Oppo just put EQ function on in the first place, or confirm they will add it through firmware update - I mean - how hard could it be for Oppo just to configure EQ software? Couple of hours? wink.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif
Edited by cb3723 - 5/8/14 at 8:36pm
post #69 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

So...where are the impressions?

OK, you'll need to take this with a huge grain of salt(just look at my post count tongue.gif ), but "wow" came up first.

Now, I just only got things hooked up, but for example I can now see why people were all excited by the DSD version of Thriller vs the 176/24 (note, they weren't volume matched so that had an effect too). The other immediate impression was that my CDs (as Flac) have got a new life.

Also, I haven't done any comparisons so this purely based on my initial impressions.

JRiver->USB->HA-1->Sennheiser HD800

More later.

//TB
post #70 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow View Post
 

 

The processor in the HA-1 is very limited in its capabilities, so there is a finite amount of functionality that we will be able to add. So I can't guarantee feature that may be added to a future firmware release, but we are definitely taking all recommendations into consideration and will consolidate them into the HA-1 to the best of our ability.

If the HA-1 had EQ function, I personally would buy one, but without -its a deal breaker for me.

 

Be great to see this function available.

Get EQ with your player and use it with any amp
post #71 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by docBliny View Post


OK, you'll need to take this with a huge grain of salt(just look at my post count tongue.gif ), but "wow" came up first.

Now, I just only got things hooked up, but for example I can now see why people were all excited by the DSD version of Thriller vs the 176/24 (note, they weren't volume matched so that had an effect too). The other immediate impression was that my CDs (as Flac) have got a new life.

Also, I haven't done any comparisons so this purely based on my initial impressions.

JRiver->USB->HA-1->Sennheiser HD800

More later.

//TB

 

What amp were you using with the HD800 before you got the HA-1?

post #72 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

What amp were you using with the HD800 before you got the HA-1?

Mostly Mytek 8x192 to Dangerous Monitor ST, but also a Matrix m-stage. I'll need to try the HD800s with the iBasso DX90 which I haven't got around to.

//TB
post #73 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by docBliny View Post


Mostly Mytek 8x192 to Dangerous Monitor ST, but also a Matrix m-stage. I'll need to try the HD800s with the iBasso DX90 which I haven't got around to.

//TB

How does the HA-1 compare to the M-Stage?

post #74 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

How does the HA-1 compare to the M-Stage?

I'll try to compare them properly tomorrow. I want to make sure I can get some basic things right, such as using the same source, match volumes, etc before saying more. Right now the m-stage is in the bedroom where it usually sits.

//TB
post #75 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinokie View Post

I've been wondering why some of my downloads from hd tracks don't sound any better than my CD version.

Most likely b/c high res doesn't have much, if any, in the way of verifiable audible improvements.

Hasn't stopped me from getting a whole bunch of high-res albums though. Nothing like audio insecurities smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread