Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread - Page 332

post #4966 of 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post

Discountinued - That sucks. I sold mine because I wanted to upgrade, but it was a very good unit. The swiss army of headphone amps. Great features and great price for what you got.
What the hell is wrong with Oppo!!!

 

Well, I suppose they were simply not selling enough of them. the HA-1 is a very nicely made product and I am sure it is expensive to manufacture. My guess would be that Oppo decided to stop making it because:

 

1. They were not selling enough.

2. They were too expensive to make. 

post #4967 of 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooster View Post

Well, I suppose they were simply not selling enough of them. the HA-1 is a very nicely made product and I am sure it is expensive to manufacture. My guess would be that Oppo decided to stop making it because:

1. They were not selling enough.
2. They were too expensive to make. 

So in other words, they screwed up in the first place. Their reasearch, marketing, etc., were all wrong ?
post #4968 of 4974

Honestly, it couldn't be the former because the demand is still there. Expensive to make? Highly probable but then again; their sonica dac option isn't exactly "entry level" at $1100 CAD. Hopefully they have a successor in the works...

post #4969 of 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post


So in other words, they screwed up in the first place. Their reasearch, marketing, etc., were all wrong ?

 

Wrong in the respect that they HA-1 was probably a bit too good/expensive to make. I wonder what something like just the remote controlled multi gang volume control cost them. Then there is the class A headphone amp, the transformers, etc.

 

I suspect that the HA-1 found itself in a place where it was too expensive to really compete in the mass market while not being expensive enough to justify the cost of manufacturing it... 

post #4970 of 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooster View Post

Wrong in the respect that they HA-1 was probably a bit too good/expensive to make. I wonder what something like just the remote controlled multi gang volume control cost them. Then there is the class A headphone amp, the transformers, etc.

I suspect that the HA-1 found itself in a place where it was too expensive to really compete in the mass market while not being expensive enough to justify the cost of manufacturing it... 

Fair enough, in other words , I was right. R&D, Marketing, and corporate screwd up. They undestimated the competition.
Tell me what they should hsve done?

I have no answer, as I thought it was fsirly priced, but I work in a totally different industty.
..
post #4971 of 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post


Fair enough, in other words , I was right. R&D, Marketing, and corporate screwd up. They undestimated the competition.
Tell me what they should hsve done?

I have no answer, as I thought it was fsirly priced, but I work in a totally different industty.
..

 

I have some ideas, but I don't really see the point of elaborating here (The HA-1 is gone). If someone wanted to hire me as a consultant I might be more inclined to help.

post #4972 of 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooster View Post

I have some ideas, but I don't really see the point of elaborating here (The HA-1 is gone). If someone wanted to hire me as a consultant I might be more inclined to help.

Sure! Too funny.

Im outa here
post #4973 of 4974

Selling my Ha-1. 

 

There is a Oppo Sonica for sale up here for $750.

post #4974 of 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post

Sure! Too funny.

Im outa here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/840597/oppo-sonica-dac-sdac-3-like-new-for-trade-or-sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread