or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread - Page 22

post #316 of 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post

The only other niggle I have...while I'm on my "rant", tongue.gif ...is that the remote is very slippery and I wish the bottom corners were rounded-off...they are a bit sharp where the corners rest in the palm of your hand. The perimeter of the top edge is quite sharp as well...it would be nice to see a slight bevel along the top edge, similar to the iPhone 5/5s.

 

Well, you can always use the iPhone 5S with the OPPO HA-1 Bluetooth Remote Control app

post #317 of 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post

The only other niggle I have...while I'm on my "rant", tongue.gif ...is that the remote is very slippery and I wish the bottom corners were rounded-off...they are a bit sharp where the corners rest in the palm of your hand. The perimeter of the top edge is quite sharp as well...it would be nice to see a slight bevel along the top edge, similar to the iPhone 5/5s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow View Post

Well, you can always use the iPhone 5S with the OPPO HA-1 Bluetooth Remote Control app

Very true. However, I do not have an iPhone. So there's that. wink.gif


Though I do have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0, and the Android Bluetooth Remote app works great on both. smily_headphones1.gif

That said, I would still like the included HA-1 remote to be more ergonomically friendly. And a backlight on the remote would be a bonus as well. biggrin.gif Also, it would be nice if the text labels on the candy bar remote (and on the Bluetooth phone apps) were a slightly larger font. On a positive note, the available remote buttons & functions, as well as the placement of the buttons, are perfect, IMO.

All-in-all it is a very nice remote, but there will always be ways to make it better wink.gif


.
Edited by bbfoto - 5/20/14 at 1:04am
post #318 of 4749
I like the remote currently. I like that it's simple, well built, functional and doesn't take up a lot of room. If I want a backlight I'll use the app. That's just me though, YMMV. wink.gif
post #319 of 4749

I read through this whole freaking thread and some other threads as well, and from what I have gained so far reading the impressions and comments, this is the ultimate desktop setup for me. Just get this unit and a capable headphone and you're set to go for a very long time...


I like it that it is an amp, simply amplifying the analog signal to be fed through a headphone. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't get amps that have their own sound, like as if I want to introduce more "distortion" to my music since during post production of the songs themselves, sound engineers have applied their own tweaks and stuff. So I really like it that this amp just amplifies, and nothing else, let my music be represented as it should.

post #320 of 4749

The Oppo HA-1 Bluetooth app for Apple devices can't be found using the iPad or iPhone search within the app store.  All that shows in a search for Oppo is the Blu-ray player remote, and a search using Oppo HA-1 will quickly autocomplete to the app's full name, but no app can be found!  To get the HA-1 app for iDevices, use HasturTheYellow's link.  Or search within Google instead, and follow the resulting link.  The iTunes and App Store search engines for iOS are notoriously inaccurate.

 

HasturTheYellow, you might pass that on to the powers-that-be who can contact Apple.


Edited by JML - 5/20/14 at 8:46am
post #321 of 4749

when you connect your idevice to the HA-1 then the idevice will tell you to download the app...    for IPAD you have to choose the IPhone app.. but it does work...  wish they would change it to landscape mode tho...

post #322 of 4749

HA-1 is back in stock and shipping immediately.

post #323 of 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow View Post
 

HA-1 is back in stock and shipping immediately.


how dare you trick me into ordering immediately.

 

was too curious about this amp/dac not to order.

post #324 of 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixter View Post

when you connect your idevice to the HA-1 then the idevice will tell you to download the app...    for IPAD you have to choose the IPhone app.. but it does work...  wish they would change it to landscape mode tho...

Yes, if you are using an iPad, you must search under the iPhone directory. I don't know why they don't also put it under the iPad directory.
I also wish it would allow rotation to the landscape mode, as I prefer to keep my iPad locked in that mode.
post #325 of 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow View Post
 

HA-1 is back in stock and shipping immediately.

 

Nice, now we are just missing the PM-2 ;)

post #326 of 4749

Well, there are still people waiting for the Silver HA-1. That too should be available in June.

post #327 of 4749
Hey Hastur,

Do you know the output impedance for the preamp stage on both XLR and RCA outputs? I know the output impedance for the headphone outputs is 0.5 ohms and 0.7 ohms, respectively. Thanks!
post #328 of 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespectraal View Post

I read through this whole freaking thread and some other threads as well, and from what I have gained so far reading the impressions and comments, this is the ultimate desktop setup for me. Just get this unit and a capable headphone and you're set to go for a very long time...


I like it that it is an amp, simply amplifying the analog signal to be fed through a headphone. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't get amps that have their own sound, like as if I want to introduce more "distortion" to my music since during post production of the songs themselves, sound engineers have applied their own tweaks and stuff. So I really like it that this amp just amplifies, and nothing else, let my music be represented as it should.

Yeah, the amp's ability to fill the headphone space is remarkable. Nothing seems hidden and nothing seems added, and the better the headphones the better the result. HA-1 just communicates beautifully out to the headphones and lets them sing. I think they nailed this one. Pure natural clarity IMO.

Now that it's available again hopefully we'll see more impressions rolling in.
post #329 of 4749
@smellyfungus please tell us how the HA-1 compares with the "fireflies" as an amp. For some tube sweetness I may be interested in picking one up down the road. The plan would be to use the DAC on the HA-1 out to the WA7. wink.gif
post #330 of 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post

@smellyfungus please tell us how the HA-1 compares with the "fireflies" as an amp. For some tube sweetness I may be interested in picking one up down the road. The plan would be to use the DAC on the HA-1 out to the WA7. wink.gif


i had been looking to get a quality dac and the ha-1 seemed to fit the bill plus give me an ss option so i don't have to burn my tubes. im planning to write whether i notice the difference between the ha-1 dac and wa7 stock and then also compare the amps themselves.

 

need to send my q-audio cable back to get upgraded to xlr though =/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread