Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"? - Page 7

post #91 of 113

Hi, sound for my Xiaomi Piston Gold II significantly improved after 55 hours of burning disk from TARA Labs. You burn your Xiaomi Piston Gold II?

PS Stock eartips very bad :(


 

post #92 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfx View Post

Hi, sound for my Xiaomi Piston Gold II significantly improved after 55 hours of burning disk from TARA Labs. You burn your Xiaomi Piston Gold II?
PS Stock eartips very bad frown.gif


Uhh, news flash, it's almost customary to burn-in your pair before review. And since a lot of people have, then yes, we all burn in our Pistons. Not only that, if you simply listen to them, you're burning them in, so case closed.

But you're wasting your time if you're gonna let them burn in without listening to them. They will change drastically from first listen. More than a few people have noticed, and maybe you will, too. Just...beware.
post #93 of 113

OK.Thank you.

post #94 of 113

Friends,i was ;looking to buy the IF version on Xiaomiworld,but they are out of stock.

 

Instead,the only modelavailable is this one  :    http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-earphone-updated-version-brown.html

 

just to be sure,this model is the 2.0 version ,sonically identical to the IF ?

 

Thanks in advance guys!!

post #95 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by antberg View Post

Friends,i was ;looking to buy the IF version on Xiaomiworld,but they are out of stock.

Instead,the only modelavailable is this one  :    http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-earphone-updated-version-brown.html

just to be sure,this model is the 2.0 version ,sonically identical to the IF ?

Thanks in advance guys!!

Wow, I don't know how many times I've said this over and over in the two Pistons threads, but let me just clarify this for anyone who is looking to buy a pair of Pistons or already has one -- they all sound the same.

The 2.0 version is the original Pistons, that's for sure.
The 2.1 version was an unannounced update to the Pistons with some slight changes to the accessories and the Pistons themselves. Because of these slight changes, there is a chance that one will receive the 2.0 Pistons in a 2.1 box and vice-versa. Like I said, the 2.1 and 2.0 sound exactly the same.
The iF Edition is a limited edition run sold to celebrate the Pistons receiving the iF Product Design Award earlier this year. They come in a more silvery tint than both the 2.0 and 2.1, and have an iF shirt clip, pouch, and box. Though some say that they sound better than the 2.x line, rest assured, they sound the same.
post #96 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post


Wow, I don't know how many times I've said this over and over in the two Pistons threads, but let me just clarify this for anyone who is looking to buy a pair of Pistons or already has one -- they all sound the same.

The 2.0 version is the original Pistons, that's for sure.
The 2.1 version was an unannounced update to the Pistons with some slight changes to the accessories and the Pistons themselves. Because of these slight changes, there is a chance that one will receive the 2.0 Pistons in a 2.1 box and vice-versa. Like I said, the 2.1 and 2.0 sound exactly the same.
The iF Edition is a limited edition run sold to celebrate the Pistons receiving the iF Product Design Award earlier this year. They come in a more silvery tint than both the 2.0 and 2.1, and have an iF shirt clip, pouch, and box. Though some say that they sound better than the 2.x line, rest assured, they sound the same.

You should add this^ to your sign. ;)

post #97 of 113

Sorry to bother you mate.Thanks a lot

post #98 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post


Wow, I don't know how many times I've said this over and over in the two Pistons threads, but let me just clarify this for anyone who is looking to buy a pair of Pistons or already has one -- they all sound the same.

The 2.0 version is the original Pistons, that's for sure.
The 2.1 version was an unannounced update to the Pistons with some slight changes to the accessories and the Pistons themselves. Because of these slight changes, there is a chance that one will receive the 2.0 Pistons in a 2.1 box and vice-versa. Like I said, the 2.1 and 2.0 sound exactly the same.
The iF Edition is a limited edition run sold to celebrate the Pistons receiving the iF Product Design Award earlier this year. They come in a more silvery tint than both the 2.0 and 2.1, and have an iF shirt clip, pouch, and box. Though some say that they sound better than the 2.x line, rest assured, they sound the same.

But Bhazard said the 2.1 edition sounds better than the 2.0.  Who to believe?

post #99 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

But Bhazard said the 2.1 edition sounds better than the 2.0.  Who to believe?

Some people reported that they get worse with time.

 

Maybe Bhazard compared a new 2.1 vs a burned 2.0

post #100 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by knives View Post
 

Some people reported that they get worse with time.

 

Maybe Bhazard compared a new 2.1 vs a burned 2.0

Exactly. The iFs that I have, which are basically a special edition 2.1, sound the same as with the 2.0.

post #101 of 113
2.1 sound better than the 2.0, but it doesn't really matter now as the 2.0 are discontinued.
post #102 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

2.1 sound better than the 2.0, but it doesn't really matter now as the 2.0 are discontinued.

They aren't exactly discontinued, you know -- there are still some 2.0 pairs in ciculation, ending up in 2.1 packaging, and vice-versa.

post #103 of 113

Just received my Xiaomi Piston (obviously v. 2.1), and I'm very pleased with the sound and the overall quality. 

In Germany it seems you can only buy them from one shop via amazon.de. I paid € 21,90 including tax which I consider ok. 

 

They are still burning in, but I like the sound out of the box, although the v-shape isn't so much my preferred sound signature. Might try the foam-removal-mod one day. 

 

This is my setup for outdoors sports. 27g. 

:ksc75smile:

 

 

One early observation: With these IEMs, I hear MP3 compresson artifacts in the treble very clearly. I guess I'll do myself a favor and workout only with lossless audio! ;) 

As you can see in the photo, I need to use a special adapter with the iPod shuffle (3rd generation), because the Piston's buttons don't work here.


Edited by cip22 - 6/17/14 at 12:04pm
post #104 of 113

Mine arrive today, they are very good for the price, but i still don't like in ear phones :s

post #105 of 113

Nice review.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?